Close
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 58
  1. #1

    Default Dual-Boxing.com's "Multiboxer" Guilds looking for more!

    As recently discussed in our WoW General forum thread Help me choose a realm to prepare for WoD + community events, we have officially chosen two servers in the same Cross-Realm Zone (CRZ) block to host both an Alliance guild and a Horde guild called Multiboxer.

    Our Alliance guild is on Sargeras, and our Horde guild is on Bleeding Hollow.
    Here is the current list of US Realms connected to these two:
    Sargeras
    Illidan
    Bleeding Hollow
    Arthas
    Black Dragonflight/Gul'dan/Skullcrusher
    Auchidoun/Cho'gall/Laughing Skull
    Azgalor/Azshara/Destromath/Thunderlord
    Deathwing/Executus/Kalecgos/Shattered Halls
    Blackwing Lair/Dethecus/Detheroc/Haomarush/Lethon/Shadowmoon
    Alterac Mountains/Balnazzar/Gorgonnash/The Forgotten Coast/Warsong
    Agamaggon/Archimonde/Jadenar/The Underbog
    Andorhal/Scilla/Ursin/Zuluhed
    Burning Legion
    We will welcome guild members from any of these realms, so if you already have a team on any of them, feel free to join in! For people making new teams, we would ultimately prefer you join us on our home realms, but will leave that up to you. Just remember that some areas in the game, and some content, will not work with CRZ. But for the most part, anyone on this CRZ block should be able to participate in our community events.

    When you're ready to join in, please make a new thread here in this guild forum ( http://www.dual-boxing.com/forums/64...ras-Multiboxer) , tag the thread with Alliance or Horde prefix, give the names of the toons on your team, and we'll get you hooked up. Pretty please just multiboxing teams, your solo "mains" should be in another guild and not tagged as <Multiboxer>

    Guild members will get a special badge here on the forums that shows up next to your posts -- one for the Horde guild and one for the Alliance guild. You can join both guilds with different teams and get both badges if you want. All the cool kids are doing it, so you totally won't look cool on the forums without at least one of these two badges! We'll also have badges for participating in community events down the road. (p.s. LF graphic designer to make a few badges, though I need other stuff done too)

    To get things rolling, I've transferred my level 80 Shaman team onto Bleeding Hollow and I'll be levelling them up. I also have DK teams started on both sides, but I'll probably generally play a mixed team. MiRai will be RAFing it up sometime soon, after he gets situated in his new place, but in the meantime he's levelling up a solo toon on the Sargeras side (not tagged as <Multiboxer>). Both MiRai and I will have teams on both sides though.

    There's fun to be had, join us!
    Last edited by Lax : 09-24-2014 at 03:53 PM
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

  2. #2
    Multiboxologist MiRai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Winter Is Coming
    Posts
    6624

    Default

    #Exciting
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

    Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

  3. #3

    Default

    sucks to be in the #eu




  4. #4

    Default

    Lax and Mirai, thanks for setting this up, sounds very cool. I'll have to look at transferring some toons over to Sargeras. A nice side benefit would be to level up in WoD on a PvP server that is 90% alliance instead of 90% horde.

    My big concern is that I don't want to give the anti-boxer contingent any more reason to rage than they already feel they have. I can't imagine the hell I would have had to endure if I would have had "Multiboxer" above all my toon's heads all the times I played ten toons in LFRs (despite topping the healing and DPS meters) or playing three or four guys in a 25 man normal SoO. I have been amazed at how few people have said anything in the countless times I've run multiple toons in raids, but I fear my experiences would have been completely different if I actively alerted everyone who glanced at my toons by being in a "Multiboxer" guild.
    10-boxing Alliance Sargeras and Kil'jaeden

  5. #5
    Multiboxologist MiRai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Winter Is Coming
    Posts
    6624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurio View Post
    Lax and Mirai, thanks for setting this up, sounds very cool. I'll have to look at transferring some toons over to Sargeras. A nice side benefit would be to level up in WoD on a PvP server that is 90% alliance instead of 90% horde.
    While it didn't affect the final choice, I personally was happy with the fact that each server was pretty much dominated by the main faction it was going to be for because, as you say, it's much nicer to level (and do dailies, etc) on the new continent/planet when you're the dominant faction. I really didn't want to have the main server be so lopsided in terms of population that one faction would be at a major disadvantage when leveling, questing, etc.

    However, because of the CRZ block we're in the leveling process from level 1 through (soon to be) level 90 is going to be all CRZ-enabled, so there will be a lot of both factions out in the world; and believe you me, there are places like Hellfire Peninsula which are a 24-7 warzone. >_>

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurio View Post
    My big concern is that I don't want to give the anti-boxer contingent any more reason to rage than they already feel they have. I can't imagine the hell I would have had to endure if I would have had "Multiboxer" above all my toon's heads all the times I played ten toons in LFRs (despite topping the healing and DPS meters) or playing three or four guys in a 25 man normal SoO. I have been amazed at how few people have said anything in the countless times I've run multiple toons in raids, but I fear my experiences would have been completely different if I actively alerted everyone who glanced at my toons by being in a "Multiboxer" guild.
    Honestly, I did think of this after I tossed out the name as a choice I'd be okay with. Lax's first choice was taken and my first choice was taken, and rather than sit around for 72 hours trying to come up with a clever name for a multiboxing guild, we just rolled with it. I figured it would help show off who we were during world PvP, but it may adversely affect PvE'ers in LFR and what not.

    We haven't discussed changing the name to something else, but for now if you're concerned about the hate that you may receive in a place like LFR you should be fine with leaving the guild temporarily during that period. You won't lose any guild rep for doing so if you join back up without joining any other guild in between. I only mention this because I'm pretty sure you used to do this back in Wrath (in LoB) when you were jumping into PUGs via trade chat.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

    Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

  6. #6

    Default

    I wanted to remind those who will not be using RaF to level new teams on these realms that Heirlooms will cost gold come 6.0 patch.. so that will make it easier 8)

    Heirlooms
    Heirloom items will cost gold instead of Justice Points once Patch 6.0 is live. The prices are currently 500 to 1500 and another 500 to 1000 to upgrade them. Also keep in mind that the Heirlooms collection tab was delayed.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 09-15-2014 at 11:15 AM
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

  7. #7

    Default

    This is very good news, I wish it had occurred ages ago.

    Just logged in, might hit the max occupants of /JambaTeamIsOnline
    Last edited by HPAVC : 09-15-2014 at 10:03 PM

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    sucks to be in the #eu
    Agree.
    Last edited by Andreauk : 09-16-2014 at 10:34 AM

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    I wanted to remind those who will not be using RaF to level new teams on these realms that Heirlooms will cost gold come 6.0 patch.. so that will make it easier 8)
    not anymore!

    With the upcoming release of Patch 6.0.2, we’ll be sending the vendors who sell Heirlooms for Justice Points on a nice vacation.

    As you might already be aware, both Justice and Valor Points are being removed as currencies from the game in 6.0.2. As we started to work on new ways to buy Heirlooms, we found that we were setting their value up for a rollercoaster ride. That's because we’re also working on a larger Heirloom system for a future patch, and we don’t want to introduce an interim pricing scheme that could temporarily devalue Heirlooms or limit how we’d be able to give them out in the future. Rather than make players face buyer’s remorse and hand-wringing decisions about when to buy, we’re going to give the Justice Heirloom vendors some time off while we work on improving the system as a whole.

    One thing to note is that this change only affects vendors that sell Heirlooms for Justice. PvE Heirlooms will still remain available at the Darkmoon Faire and the Trial of the Crusader, and PvP Heirlooms will continue to be available for Honor.




  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    not anymore!

    Sad Panda!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •