Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Problem with shift macros and Oem3

Hi so i started using hotkeynet last night and everything was fine until i started getting more spells and needed to use some of my shift keys on my action bar, example : shift 8 for water elemental, i use it and it does nothing only on my main, i looked around on google and did see that i needed to edit the script but still no luck, also the Oem3 key is not working for clicking things on the floor etc to loot items, which is really starting to be tough work D; Everything seems great im sure it is some fault on my side i just cant figure it out
    My script looks like :

<KeyList MyList A-Z, 0-9, Plus, Minus, F1-F12, except W, A, S, D, Q, E>

<Hotkey ScrollLockOn MyList; ScrollLockOn Shift MyList>
    <SendLabel w1, w2>
    <Key %Trigger%>

Also if i do get it to work, e.g the water elemental freeze spell how do i put that in the same spot on both screens (the green circle) for most aoe spells

Thanks in advance for any help given <3

Okay with the information you've given there really isn't a lot to go on, but I'll get to that in a sec.
    Here are some common problems that will cause what you are seeing to happen. First check the part of your script that launches and renames your windows, as well as the part that assigns the labels. Usually they are
    Code:
    <RenameTargetWin TheNameYouChose>
    Common problem here is the case of the name WoW1 is not the same as wow1. Which is important for the part assigning the label which will be
    Code:
    <Label w1 192.168.0.1 SendWinM WoW1>
    . Check the IP address and case of the label name "w1", and window name "WoW1" for accuracy.
    If you posted your entire script you are missing both of these parts and hotkeynet is essentially doing nothing for you, however, you are only describing a problem with the shift key so probably not it.
    If you are using a macro in game such as /cast [mod:shift] Fireball of Doom, make sure none of your keybinds are assigned to the shift of that key. If it is keybinds override macro modifier checks, and you will need to unassign the keybind.
    Specific to the script you posted ensure the "Scroll Lock" key is on.
    Those are the most common issues, and about all I can provide help with based on what you've provided.
    The Oem3 key not working will need more information or at the very least the hotkey assignment for it posted. As far as alignment in WoW for mousclick broadcasting Khatovar has posted a tutorial that shows quite well how to do this with decent accuracy. Here is that link. It will never be perfect due to a few minor delays between the software, but it's really close.

For quick accurate answers anyone helping you will need the following questions answered, and a description of the hotkeynet Actions screen.

1) What are you doing with your fingers, what do you expect to happen, and what happens or doesn't happen?
    2) Are you using 1 machine with multiple clients running or several machines each running 1 or more clients?
    3) Press the hotkey you are troubleshooting and look at the "Actions on this PC" section of hotkeynet, what does it say? Try reloading your script, does it show errors when it loads?

With the above information, someone can quickly see what is going on in most cases and help you fix your problem. Just remember, no matter how frustrated you are and no matter how many times you've tried to fix something in a script we can not see it, without you showing us. In other words it's like calling a mechanic after being in a wreck to tell him the car won't start. He may suggest a million ways to get it running, which won't fix the front end being missing. Sometimes the part you are concerned with isn't the direct cause of the problem, but a quick glance can figure everything out.

Hope that helps, or at the very least makes it possible to help you,

Have fun boxing,

Bettysue
    Last edited by Bettysue : 03-05-2014 at 08:53 PM Reason: link added

Okay so i dont know what has happened but my keys seem to be working, after editting this a 100 times xD i dont know what happened, i was pressing the key i thought was oem3 and realised it was oem8 so i clicked all my keys on my keyboard till i saw oem3 and i pressed that and now the shift keys are working aswell D: haha no idea what happened but its all sorted, thank you very much for the help i wish i know what i did just incase it happens again D: i didnt edit anything so i have no idea
    Last edited by froszelol : 03-05-2014 at 11:10 PM

Whenever you edit a script, make sure to reload it.

If you were pressing random keys, you may have had broadcasting toggled off or scrolllock off and turned it back on by going through all the keys.

For AOE use, you can look at this post, the top of this post or this post. Unless your toons are standing in the same place with the same view and facing you won't get exact broadcasting, but for AOE the first two are accurate enough. The final post is more for out of combat situations where you have time to line up a little better and is accurate enough for me to gather without swapping leads - including picking quest items off the ground - and reliably fish on 5 toons at once.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _