Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 19

Default Jamba Cross Realm Support

Hi there,

I want to know if anyone is interested in Jamba getting cross realm support? With the new connected realms features and with the current cross realm zone and Real ID / Battle.Net party I figure updating Jamba to handle these sorts of parties might be worthwhile.

Essentially it would be changing the team system to include the realm name in the character name.

At the same time this change is made (if it is made), I'm happy to discuss team makeup and any issues you may have with the current system.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Cheers,
    Jafula.
    Jafula.
    Jamba - Jafula's Awesome Multi Boxer Assistant. An addon for YOU.

Hello, Jafula!

Jamba is awesome! Tons of thanks for your work on it! My husband and I would love to see cross realm support.

As for issues with the current system, I had a problem with macros pulling up old team names after they'd been removed from the team. I haven't had that happen in a while now, but I've not been swapping team members lately.

GrimGma (yes, I'm a grandma who multiboxes with the grandchildren)

haha cool Grim

Thanks that sounds awesome.

About the actual Jamba I experience some problems with Jamba and LFR. Seems like the change master function bugs on this kind of pseudo raid environment and then the strobing featuring gets messed up, with different toons thinking that they are masters and following each other :P

I also get a spam message of "you are not in a raid group", I believe the addon is trying something that is only permitted in raids.

Thanks alot and keep up the good work it is an awesome addon and a must for any multiboxer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jafula View Post
    I want to know if anyone is interested in Jamba getting cross realm support?
    Yes! I need this. I have a little bit of a weird setup now and Jamba freaks out with my two toons from another server.

Quite honestly, I'd be happy if Jamba had the capability of using the party or instance channel for its data channel. That would allow cross-server support, correct?

Failing that, how about a relay of sorts? One toon acts as a relay for others on the server and communicates to another relay toon from the other server.
    Last edited by amalgam : 09-02-2013 at 04:28 PM

FYI: Jamba does use party/raid for data communication. It falls back to whisper if the toons are not in a party/raid together.

The jamba team is online channel that you can specify in settings is only for toon online/offline management. If bob is in my jamba team list, I need to know whether or not bob is online. Sending bob a message when bob is offline results in yellow Player Not Found messages, which people really don't like. Not sure how the cross realm support will affect this issue.
    Jafula.
    Jamba - Jafula's Awesome Multi Boxer Assistant. An addon for YOU.

FYI: Jamba does use party/raid for data communication. It falls back to whisper if the toons are not in a party/raid together..
    Hmmm, maybe this could be the reason of why I have problems in LFR (not in raid spam)? in a way it is like a raid environment, but it is not really a raid chat, in fact it is an instance chat.

Would be awesome if you could check that out

Thank you!

FYI: Jamba does use party/raid for data communication. It falls back to whisper if the toons are not in a party/raid together.
    I am doing RAF 5 boxing with 2 toons from a different server. Jambs works perfectly for the 3 on my home realm, but the 2 on the other server do not accept settings or send info to the other 3 while in the same party.

I hope your CR support addresses that. Otherwise, it is a fantastic AddOn. Keep it up.

I already made some custom change to do that.
    But it's not perfectly secure.

https://mega.co.nz/#!YA1RxQSY!XaIvdS...Gj_QkahV26nYXU

Basicaly, two functions :
    JambaPrivate.Team.AddRealmToName
    JambaPrivate.Team.RemoveRealmToName

And an array that keep track of people (and they realm) who enter or leave your groups.
    Since you have to be in the same group to do cross realm, it's working.

I'm playing with 5 characters, each on differents realm for a long long time now. (And it's great)
    Last edited by Baltyre : 09-09-2013 at 09:25 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Baltyre View Post
    But's it's not perfectly secure.
    I don't understand.