Close
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 90

Default 5 Monks - levelling

Level 10, came to pick roles...and I was a bit stumped...

Decided to go brewmaster, mistweaver and 3 windwalkers, found out quickly that the first ability the brewmaster has requires mouse targetting and might be better suited to being led with..

Has anyone got any experience on these yet?

How do 5 windwalkers fair against dungeons? early days I know but as people try things, let me know.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dancook View Post
    Level 10, came to pick roles...and I was a bit stumped...

Decided to go brewmaster, mistweaver and 3 windwalkers, found out quickly that the first ability the brewmaster has requires mouse targetting and might be better suited to being led with..

Has anyone got any experience on these yet?

How do 5 windwalkers fair against dungeons? early days I know but as people try things, let me know.
    All the guides I have read say windwalkers for leveling, but thats probably not taking into account boxing. Bleeding edge, guess we get to figure it out I plan to do 3x windwalkers to start and will see how that goes.
    Computer Freak Social Geek

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Ok so I am doing this now and experimenting. I tried 5x dps and for dungeons it was no go. Just take too much damage. Then I tried 1 healer and 4 dps, still too much damage. I have swapped to 4 tanks 1 healer and it takes forever to kill shit, but at least I stopped dying. Monks are proving hard to 2 step macro so far. I'm not sure I will be able to use them well at 90.

Blog Entries

If 5 DPS is fast kills, but you take too much damage.
    And 1 Heals and 4 DPS is still too much damage taken..
    And 1 Heals and 4 Tanks is too slow to kill things...

Maybe somewhere in between.
    Trying 1 Heals, 1 Tank and 3 DPS, would be my suggestion.

If a two-step approach is not working for macros, you could try a priority based system instead.
    Also, without key abilities... some classes are a lot weaker at lower levels, than at maximum.

I haven't seen other Monk boxing threads, so you're one of the pioneers...
    Anything that does or doesn't work for you, would definitely help others.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Well I did a theory craft thread, but got no responses as far as help.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...stem-for-Monks

and yes they are only 16, so missing a lot of abilities. I guess I could try the 3 dps route, was trying to keep it simple between all the monks.

you get a lot more tools that help.. with talents, glyphs and abilities, you end up with a TON of passive healing and healing orbs dropping on the ground. And you will use them up because of the way melee boxing works. I am using the Tank..healer and 3 dps..healer only has the channeled heal so far ( got 15 to 22 in one ragefire chasm clear with quests ). I am owning it so far.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

how are your hotkeys setup? Are you using a priority system?

Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    how are your hotkeys setup? Are you using a priority system?
    I am doing it on separate keys for now. Jab..tiger palm and blackout kick 1,2 and 3. But later, when they have more skills, ill do macros and priority mix. I just have my healer jabbing for now..a macro with just jab and [nochanneling] in it because the only heal is that channeled one for now. My tank I doing the kegs to pull and the same 3 skills as the DPS for now.. it works fine. At 80+ they have a TON of skills and will need a refined system. They play a lot like feral and rogs, they have talents that give them free chi ( monk combo point type thing ) So it will be next to impossible to be perfect. It will be fun figuring it all out though.

Ok that is exactly what I am doing to heh. Except healer can also blackout kick and Tiger Palm. I think I might start my priority system now so its not a huge pain in the ass come 80.

I tried a priority system, it works ok, its just hard to use any chi abilities efficiently I think it might be better to do a macro with jab, jab, tigerpalm, jab jab, blackoutkick.. or some such. If you put chi abilities in a priority it will just use the one chi cost ability and never do ones that cost more chi. So i guess long recast spells and separate GCD would work?

Multi-step might be the way to go as well.