Close
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 90

If you keep clicking 'healing mist' it seems to heal quicker, like you keep resetting the tick. Let me know what people think

at level 30 my spam priority hits these macros

Brewmaster

Code:
    /castsequence reset=8 Jab, Keg Smash, Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab
    /startattack
    Code:
    /castsequence reset=combat Tiger Palm, Blackout Kick, Blackout Kick
    /startattack

Code:
    /cast Touch of Death (x 8)
    Code:
    /castsequence [combat] Guard, Expel Harm, Zen Sphere, Expel Harm

Windwalker

Code:
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /cast Fists of Fury
    Code:
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /cast jab
    /startattack
    Code:
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /startattack
    Code:
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    Code:
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /castsequence [combat] Zen Sphere, Expel Harm

Starting to wonder whether i should just give them all chi wave...
    Last edited by Khatovar : 09-29-2012 at 08:17 AM Reason: added code tags

Quote Originally Posted by dancook View Post
    If you keep clicking 'healing mist' it seems to heal quicker, like you keep resetting the tick. Let me know what people think

at level 30 my spam priority hits these macros

Brewmaster

Code:
    /startattack
    Code:
    /startattack

Code:
    Code:
    /castsequence [combat] Guard, Expel Harm, Zen Sphere, Expel Harm

Windwalker

Code:
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /cast Fists of Fury
    Code:
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /cast jab
    /startattack
    Code:
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /startattack
    Code:
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    Code:
    /stopmacro [channeling]

Starting to wonder whether i should just give them all chi wave...

I like this setup..going to give it a try. Putting the Chi abilities in a macro might help keep from watsing Chi.

what is this? "/cast Touch of Death (x 8)" the x8 at the end? .. you just shorting a castsequence? ie.. /castsequence ToD,ToD,ToD......etc?
    Last edited by Khatovar : 09-29-2012 at 08:18 AM Reason: used code tags
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    I like this setup..going to give it a try. Putting the Chi abilities in a macro might help keep from watsing Chi.

what is this? "/cast Touch of Death (x 8)" the x8 at the end? .. you just shorting a castsequence? ie.. /castsequence ToD,ToD,ToD......etc?
    In isboxer I repeat the macro 8 times, to increase the likelyhood it will go off when I'm spamming all the macros at once.

Just to explain a few macros.

Since I spam this as I'm going towards the target with IWT - I don't want Keg Smash to blow before I get to the mob, so it will wait for the jab which requires melee range. It also gives the mobs a moment to come closer.

Code:
    /startattack
    Just realised this macro doesn't work as expect, I need to put Zen Sphere AFTER Expel Harm, so that it doesn't go off again for at least 15 seconds. I'll also have to take a quick look at the brewmaster's version....

Code:
    This may not be perfect, but the reset on combat helps keep the tiger buff stack going if you move from mob to mob quickly enough.

Code:
    Last edited by Khatovar : 09-29-2012 at 08:20 AM Reason: code tags, removed color formating

Quote Originally Posted by dancook View Post
    In isboxer I repeat the macro 8 times, to increase the likelyhood it will go off when I'm spamming all the macros at once.

Just to explain a few macros.

Since I spam this as I'm going towards the target with IWT - I don't want Keg Smash to blow before I get to the mob, so it will wait for the jab which requires melee range. It also gives the mobs a moment to come closer.

/startattack

Just realised this macro doesn't work as expect, I need to put Zen Sphere AFTER Expel Harm, so that it doesn't go off again for at least 15 seconds. I'll also have to take a quick look at the brewmaster's version....

This may not be perfect, but the reset on combat helps keep the tiger buff stack going if you move from mob to mob quickly enough.

Good stuff.. im on my main team for now.. but I'll mess around with these later. Thats what this thread is for..prob wont get a good one, that is worthy of Khats macro thread, until we have some tried and tested 90 Monks..work in progress 8)

Code:
    /castsequence [combat] Guard, Expel Harm, Zen Sphere, Expel Harm, Zen Sphere
    I think this will do for the tank, for now.

I also use Chi Burst on my healer.
    Last edited by dancook : 09-29-2012 at 09:11 AM

I just hit 46-49 tonight and got SCK! its OP.. i mean you go from having to pull packs all safe like, to just mowing them down in seconds and staying healed the whole time..the healers SCK is the best emergancy heal as well at this level. I'm using your macros Dan, and they are working great so far. I took expel harm out of them, seems to waste energy. Dont really need it now. I have it as an emergancy self heal now on seperate key. I also have chi wave on every toon..does nice damage and helps keep everyone topped off 8)

I finished vanilla by doing LBRS. Was very painful. Dinged 58 and headed for Outlands. Swapped out about 3/4 of my non-BoA vanilla gear via questing and decided to hit Ramps and BF at 61/62. Indeed as Lyonheart notes Spinning Crane Kick is amazing. Here is my new rotation on Brew, Mist, and Wind:

/cast [nochanneling] Spinning Crane Kick

When I started getting the Outland gear SCK felt good. But the real fun was going start to finish on all trash and bosses in Ramps, BF, UB, SP just AoEing everything. EVERYTHING! I'll still open with Dizzying Haze and Keg Smash but then it's all SCK on all 5 toons. Tank seems to hold agro fine, heals are good even on bosses, and the DPS might be a tad slower than single target but the fun factor is just over-the-top. The SCK glyph lets you walk at normal speed while channelling SCK. With DH you can do a lot of range pulls and just AoE away which is very nice for questing.

I tried to A/B "normal" DPS and healing with SCK and it's far easier to just SCK than to do melee healing. Both work but SCK is just a hoot. I'm still iffy on melee healing due to GCD issues and cutting the healer out of the DPS key rotation. Amazingly healer is doing DPS on par with Wind. Tank DPS is about 15% lighter than other.

Vanilla LBRS made my monks cry. Outland is...kicking!!! lol

I got this glyph, not tried it yet

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=112463/...g-serpent-kick

It might make it more usable for boxers.

I used it in beta. it helps for sure!

Update at 74. Outlands finished strong with questing and MT, Crypts, and Durnholde all falling victim to 5x SCK (1x Brew, 1x Mist, 3x Wind). 68 Northrend. Did the usual questing to update non-BoAs to NR ilvl gear then did single instances runs as they became available in random dungeon finder. Otherwise continued questing. UK, Nexus, and AN all easy enough. I did feel when I ran UK that the tank was taking a lot of damage on trash so I just kept the SCK rolling on all trash. The DPS from SCK now feels somewhat lighter and for single targets (bosses et. al.) I'm now doing a standard rotation. For questing and trash SCK spam is still a lot of fun. On say Nexus and AN a little later with a full transition to NR ilvl blues/greens I felt that melee healing was working pretty good. I have the 3x Winds doing Chi Waves which helps a out.

Couple random things:

- A full "standard group" (Tank, Healer, 3x DPS) that can pour out AoE dmg and have the tank maintain agro trivializes a lot of stuff. Example, last boss in AN the little adds, any non-elite spawns say in Crypts all the "clones" that appear.

- Jab on Mist takes mana.

- Enlightment is the best buff ever. Trying to really use it wisely everyday or on the mod-10 double dips.

So far, I have to say of all my teams that overall Monks are very high on the fun list. It's kind of like a DK tank, holy priest, and 3x mages. DK dropping DnD vs Dizzying Haze and then AoE threat with SCK. Mist doing SCK aka Priest spamming Prayer of Healing. Mages doing Arcane Explosions vs Wind SCK.