Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Targeting part y members

ok this works fine if i have my main character invite my alt character. 2 boxing no issues with Targeting self or targeting my lead. but the second i invite a 3rd person all hell breaks lose. first swtor reorders the group and you cant change it. 2nd it starts targeting different people when using same hotkey for target party member 1. Say its like this

1. lead Character
    2 Alt Character

i invite a 3rd person

1. 3rd person
    2. lead character
    3. alt character

it no longer targets my alt it targets the 3rd person

Now i invite a 4th

1. 3rd person
    2 4th person
    3. lead character
    4. alt character

now here is where it reall is weird now it targets the 4th person with same hot key to target party member 1.

o i go ok ill get smart start an ops group and reorder the party. Nope didnt work no matter who was at top it would target the newest person in the group. so i broke group invited in a different order names where in a totaly different order and it would still target incorrectly.

what needs to be done so it targets the lead party member or who ever is in the top most slot in the party window.

The problem is the sorting of the Party Slots: in SW:Tor the Party is sorted according to the UUID of the CHARACTER (which is created at character creation time)
    so your accounts (or Slots in ISB) are on different party slots.

see:
    for a variable 2-3 man setup:
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...l=1#post354740

for a fixed 4 man setup
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...OR-for-Dummies

for a completely variable 4 man setup (complex)
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...l=1#post355187
    Last edited by Bloodcloud : 02-15-2012 at 07:47 AM
    I don't suffer from Schizophrenia, I enjoy every moment of it !

so i can just make it so my tank is the focus target instead eh and have it assist focus and what not.

oh this is stupid there is no Target focus target just a mod to hold to cast on the focus target. this is horrible i was planning on running with 2 other random people to do flash points. I guess every time ill have to figure out what party postion the tank is and swap keybinds cause im running the tank and 1 dps. I dont need to party heal or anything.
    Last edited by cichard : 02-15-2012 at 10:21 AM

Quote Originally Posted by cichard View Post
    so i can just make it so my tank is the focus target instead eh and have it assist focus and what not.
    Thats 100% correct. when you get that figured out, make a copy of your Character set, and rename it to use for later, assuming you are going to be running with those other players again later.

na Atm im just 2 boxing id be pugging 1 dps 1 healer every time. this is a headache.

Ohhhh.. I missed the part about *random* other people. my bad. Ya, thats gonna be a sticky part. I wonder if there is a way to use isboxer to target towards a particular character slot, and translate that to a game window.

The only way I know of to pull this off effectively is to use multiple character sets. The good news is that your two will always appear in the same order, but there's no telling where the others will show up. If you created yours at the same time, there's a good chance one of the randoms won't have a UUID that falls in between, so you might be able to get away with just three sets that have yours in the first and second slots, second and third, and third and fourth.

I added the party targeting to my setup : (which I use for clickbar healing)

see : http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...l=1#post355187

Basically define the 20 possible varieties and you are completely free to invite ppl and/or play with 2-4 accounts.

In the drawing you see the 4 "blocks" they are assigned to my slots (i start with slot 1 since dxnothing is in slot 1) the 1432 stands for slot1' = partyslot1, slot 2=partyslot4, slot 3=partyslot3 and slot 4=partyslot2
    the "blocks are sorted for 1234. so you see that the first block(set party1..4) is assigned to slot 2 which is my 1st account, the second block is assigned to slot5 (which is my 4th account) ... hence the 1432.
    (note: the sound options are just used as delimiters.)

I don't suffer from Schizophrenia, I enjoy every moment of it !