Close
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 31

Default GUIDE: Follow/Assist SWTOR for NOOBIES

Last edited by Darkmod : 02-05-2012 at 08:36 PM Reason: Replaced Dummies with NOOBIES

Sweet! Great job!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

I like the format, this should be pretty easy to follow. Hopefully the "For Dummies" people don't issue a takedown for your first image though

One thing worthy of mention here is that as of ISBoxer 40.0.204.1 (~12 hours ago), the Quick Setup Wizard now generates some Variable Keystrokes (follow, assist, target slots, etc), as well as includes configurable Follow Me and Assist Me Mapped Keys in the Non-combat Key Map. So this guide can actually be shortened by a few images now (Text guide: Common modifications: The game's Key Bindings)
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Blog Entries

Reported!
    Check out my live stream @ http://www.twitch.tv/Crum151 and my website @ http://www.crumspeaks.com

Should have called it "Follow/Assist SWTOR for OldRod" LOL

Great guide! I think even *I* can follow that one

I am using Mosg's setup right now. Prior to that I setup a similar follow from one of your forum post. I will give this a shot. One thing about the Mosg setup that has a disadvantage for dual boxers is adding strangers to your group. If I add someone to my group the alt starts following him screwing things all up. If I keep the group just me it works perfect. Hopefully this system will fix that. If I do change to this I think all my keymaps for the game will need to be altered.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

I followed the guide and follow works but my test dps key will not make the second character attack. Everything looks just as you displayed it. Any ideas?
    Epicurus

Quote Originally Posted by pinotnoir View Post
    One thing about the Mosg setup that has a disadvantage for dual boxers is adding strangers to your group. If I add someone to my group the alt starts following him screwing things all up. If I keep the group just me it works perfect. Hopefully this system will fix that.
    It's still based on targeting specific party members (as pictured), there is no way around that without the game adding macro capabilities in order to macro, say, /follow <name>.

The way that will most easily be solved is when I add an in-game Variable Keystrokes editor, so you would pop up the ISBoxer Control Panel, and there would be boxes for you to adjust the "Target Slot 1", "Target Slot 2" etc keystrokes with the new values. Alternatively, chazz's guides demonstrate how to use Set Variable Keystroke Action to do the same.
    Last edited by Lax : 02-05-2012 at 01:13 PM
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Quote Originally Posted by pinotnoir View Post
    I followed the guide and follow works but my test dps key will not make the second character attack. Everything looks just as you displayed it. Any ideas?
    if you are using a Control modifier such as ALT CTR ... try setting the Hold any KeyStroke Actions while Hotkey is Held to "ON"

Still no luck. I have tried several alternatives to the sample dps key above and non will make my alt attack. I guess I will continue to use Mosg setup.
    Epicurus