Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Macro free slave assistng.

Howdy,

Posted something similar under the 'software tools' forum - which was probably the wrong place to do it. You can completely eliminate the need to do any cast assist macros and retain the ability to have your slaves _not_ have a target selected (useful for BG/Arenas when you don't want the enemy knowing who's getting nuked).

Grab Bartender3 here: http://files.wowace.com/Bartender3/B...er3-r63534.zip

Grab Modality here : http://files.wowace.com/Modality/Modality-r52023.zip

On each toon do /bt3 config

Go to the bar(s) that you want to enable assist casting on - expand it and click on "Button Paging". Selected "Advanced" in the drop down and click "Edit States". Click Add New. Click in the Condition field and put in "target=focustarget, exists" (without the quotes). For unit, put in "focustarget". That's it. If the toon has a focus and that focus has a target, then any spell/action put on the bars with the above configuration will be directed at the focus target. This overrides all actions - attack, shoot, whatever. If a focustarget doesn't exist it falls back to regular bar functionality (target / autoself, etc).

You'll want to make sure you don't have a focus set up on your 'main' if you enable this for that toon. (/clearfocus)

There is a lot of potential with the conditional targetting stuff as it accepts all conditionals that macros do (harm, help, dead, combat, etc) and can dynamically change bars based on these states - I really haven't put much thought in the possiblities, but they certainly exist.

-Xeva

Note, my original post included changing actionbars depending on slave/master - found out that this isn't even necessary using the above so it saves configuring all of your bars twice and frees them up as well.

Xeva,

once you have explored these possibilities, could you write a little details on it under the wow => addons section of the wiki? http://www.dual-boxing.com/wiki/inde...r3&action=edit
    [align=center]AeineiA AeineiB AeneiC AenieD AeineiX
    All your soul are belong to us
    "They can't be bargained with. They can't be reasoned with. They don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead"
    The Wiki is your Friend
    [/align]

Quote Originally Posted by 'TheXevs',index.php?page=Thread&postID=40753#post4 0753
    You'll want to make sure you don't have a focus set up on your 'main' if you enable this for that toon.
    You can /focus yourself and work around this, at least I do with my combat macros. All my shammies have the same macro setup, my "main" just has himself /focused.
    Cranky old-timer.

[quote='Boylston',index.php?page=Thread&postID=4082 1#post40821]

[quote='TheXevs',index.php?page=Thread&postID=40753 #post40753]
    You'll want to make sure you don't have a focus set up on your 'main' if you enable this for that toon.[/quote]

You can /focus yourself and work around this, at least I do with my combat macros. All my shammies have the same macro setup, my "main" just has himself /focused.[/quote]

Well the goal here was to have _zero_ macros necessary for combat. I only have 6 macros total that I absolutely need.

[font='Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif']
    All of the toons have 'E' bound to a simple macro:
    /clearfocus
    E maps to ctrl-shift-6,7,8,9,0 on all the slave clients depending on which client is sending it
    [/font]

(6)
    /focus [target=Xeva, exists] Xeva
    /focus [target=Yooka, exists] Yooka
    /promote focus
    /follow focus

(7)
    etc.

I have two sets of toons I'm leveling and both use the same master macros. Everything else happens automagically without having to spam an assist button.

-Xeva

Set this up on my girlfriends warlocks today and it worked out great... better than sliced pickles! Set the focus and rock, everything else is automatic.

I'm working on retooling team doublemints setup to utilize this as well.
    [> Sam I Am (80) <] [> Team Doublemint <][> Hexed (60) (retired) <]
    [> Innerspace & ISBoxer Toolkit <][> Boxing on Blackhand, Horde <]
    "Innerspace basically reinvented the software boxing world. If I was to do it over again, I'd probably go single PC + Innerspace/ISBoxer." - Fursphere

Trinity Bars does this as well - there is a 'bar target' modifier.

I do all my healing via mouse clicks - one bar for each party member laid out over their health bar, hidden until mouseover so i can see their health.

This means I can have all my offensive spells on keybinds, (Ctrl modifier to target focus) otherwise just casting and assisting my main.

Default Channeling modifier

An update for this. If you want to avoid recasting a channeled spell, you can add a new state - set the condition to "channeling" and change the active bar to #10 (or a bar without spells on it that would interupt the channel).

-Xeva

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me if we are still able to do this with Bartender4?

EDIT: Found it!
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Dragonshadow',index.php?page=Thread&postID=151935 #post151935
    Bartender 4, bar config, choose bar, go to state configurations, check auto-assist, scroll to bottom, check use custom conditions, put [target=focus, exists] in there. Done!

Thank you for this, I swapped to Bartender some months ago since Macaroon was having update issues at that time, and always wanted to dive into the advanced features I could see but had no time to investigate. Implementing this across all my toons to reduce macro needs
    Team Turbo!
    Shaman x 4, Deathknight
    Spinebreaker EU (H) - join channel 'multiboxer' to chat with our local boxing community