Close
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 48

Quote Originally Posted by Jafula View Post
    Tehmuffinman

Thank you so much for posting this. I've just set this up following your instructions (been meaning to do it for a while), and its awesome (Healbot is a great addon). I love the border on the repeater regions. Wicked!

Np man! Poyzon and I have discovered that it can be a little buggy if you have a high spam rate for your action keys... were working the kinks out.

Thank YOU for your great addon!

Spent soooo much time trying to get this to work, but it's failing. Hopefully the community can help out.

The system here uses Vuhdo or something to take the click and cast a heal. However, it would be a better system if it worked for any unit frame, including enemy unit frames. If we can get this to work, then ISBoxer should be able to take care of it.

Can anyone figure out how to use a repeater region to pass a modifier plus a Do Key Map action?

Here's an example. My 'MouseOver Heal' macro looks like the following:

/cast [nomod:shift, target=mouseover]Nourish
    /cast [mod:shift, target=mouseover]Regrowth

Using your system, can you get this to work without Healbot/Vuhdo/etc?

Before everyone starts saying who cares, imagine if you could click on the enemy unit frames with a right click and have a round robin silence? If we can get this system to work, there is so much more functionality available to us than there is using Vuhdo/Healbot/etc.
    Owltoid, Thatblueguy, Thisblueguy, Otherblueguy, Whichblueguy

So, the problem I'm having with this system is that while I'm bashing my main FTL assist attack button, my priest is getting alt, shift and control sent to its window. So when I try and pass a click via the region with either alt, control or shift to healbot, healbot gets confused because of the additional FTL modifiers.

My options are a) drop FTL or b) try and rework with invisible click map thingys.

I'm going to try b sometime soon.
    Jafula.
    Jamba - Jafula's Awesome Multi Boxer Assistant. An addon for YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Jafula View Post
    So, the problem I'm having with this system is that while I'm bashing my main FTL assist attack button, my priest is getting alt, shift and control sent to its window. So when I try and pass a click via the region with either alt, control or shift to healbot, healbot gets confused because of the additional FTL modifiers.

My options are a) drop FTL or b) try and rework with invisible click map thingys.

I'm going to try b sometime soon.

I had to make a few changes to the way I did stuff...

1) Slow down my spam rate for my DPS keys (adjust the commas in my macros)
    2) Make sure my mouse is OUSIDE the RR when not healing
    3) Time it (due to the slowed spamming) so that my clicks for heals are in between my DPS keypresses

If you're having trouble because of FTL modifiers etc, here is an alternative method of implementing essentially the same thing with a Click Bar instead. Using a Click Bar is going to give you some added flexibility as well (with the exception that it only works when doing left/right clicks plus modifiers )

The key to making it work with a Click Bar is the underlying Mapped Keys. For my proof of concept that I just did to make sure this works before suggesting it, I made one Mapped Key that's going to send mouse3 (middle button) when I left click. I arbitrarily called it "press mouse3". It has no hotkey, 1 Step, and no special options. Step 1 has 2 actions. The first action is a Sync Cursor Action with target being "Group (others in):healers" (whatever you were using as the target for your Repeater regions). The second action is a Keystroke Action sending Mouse3 to "Group (all of):healers". The targets I picked mean that the cursor will always sync on any healer I'm not playing at the time, and Mouse3 will go to all healers even if I'm playing one.

Then my Click Bar for this test has a single button on it, with one action on it (press mouse3) for Left Click and target=self (this target is effectively who hits the hotkey for the mapped key, and since the mapped key has the real targets built in, we want the current window to hit the hotkey, not all windows and not all healers). To get the same appearance as shown in this thread, I set the Color for the button (click on the box next to Color, to the right of Name) to 00000000. By default it's FF000000 with the Alpha channel set to 255, which is opaque black. This changes it to completely transparent. And it's going to have a white border by default.

I set the Cell size to be large enough to cover the desired portion of the healing addon. This is less convenient than resizing a repeater region, but a little bit of trial and error gets it done right.

Assign the Click Bar to the character set, position it in game, and voila. Repeaterless healing with the same capabilities as described in this thread without having potential problems from alt,ctrl, or shift being permanently held down while in the region.

Enjoy

p.s. Owltoid, this should get you what you're looking for
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

I take back the part about only working for the 2 mouse buttons. It's possible to work around that limitation of the IS GUI features. The workaround isn't as elegant as repeater regions, but will still solve the problems with FTL, etc. To make it work for other buttons only requires adding a Mouseover for the Click Bar button, to toggle some Key Map or Mapped Key(s). I tested it just now with mouse4.

The toggle mapped key goes like this. No Hotkey, set to "pressed OR released", with 2 steps. Step 1 has a Key Map State Action to turn on a Key Map (one that is not assigned to your Character Set). Step 2 has the same thing to turn it off.

In the newly-toggled Key Map goes any mappings you want to add to that click bar button, be it mouse buttons, keyboard buttons, etc. If you want to move your mouse over the click bar and hit G to heal, that will work fine.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Thanks Lax, just implemented the click bar system your described and its got none of the problems I described; the healing worked flawlessly. And thanks again muffin for putting me onto healbot and the initial system.
    Jafula.

Jafula (or someone else who's implemented this), can you throw up a screeshot of this? I'm curious what your UI looks like now. I'm probably going to try this out myself (and maybe write a another guide version as well for others).

Here are some screenshots:

First off I built 8 new keymaps in the general keymap group. Four were for left mouse (mouse1) and four were for right mouse (mouse2). Each four had a no mod, shift, ctrl and alt component, which corresponded to healbot actions (see below). The screenshot below is of the left mouse shift keymap. Notice the sync cursor as the first action...

I went all others as I have set it up for my priest to heal, my mage to decurse and my paladins to cleanse, only showing priests healbot screenshots below.

Then I build a new clickbar called healing. I made a 1x4 button grid. The first button was for no mod, second was shift, thrid ctrl and fourth alt.

This is the screenshot of the setup for the first (no mod) button.

This is the screenshot of the setup for the second (shift) button.

I have healbot running on all my characters (essential for my tank and priest). Tank so I can see the health of the toons and priest to do all the hard work (healing).

I moved the click bar over healbot on my tank. You can see the four click bars on top of healbot in the screen shot below. The left larger screen is my tanks and the right smaller screen is my priests.

When I left click in the first box over the Jaamia section, my priest casts penance on Jaamia. If I left click in the first box over Jaania, my priest casts penance on Jaania. If I right click on the first box over Jaamia, my priest casts Power Word: Shield on Jaamia. If I left click on the third box over Jaamia, my priest casts greater heal on Jaamia. You can see my priests healbot setup in the two screenshots below.

I set up my priest healbot left click to be as shown below:

I set up my priest healbot right click to be as shown below:

This is the reason I moved from HotKeyNet to ISBoxer. Just brilliant.
    Jafula.