Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 30

Default Jamba - new feature - Focus / Target Management - DESIGN feedback requested.

Hi,

I am working on Jamba - 0.2 and Zub requested a feature where Jamba could set focus to the current master. This is fine and I'll implement it the best I can by programatically updating a /focus macro and then requiring the user to press a key. (Wow API FocusUnit is protected and I cannot use it).

I personally don't use focus for my master, I use targettarget in my macros ( no focus manifesto ); so I wanted to set up a system where I could manage focus simply.

My idea is below; could you critique it for me? (I'm developing it anyway; but its great to get ideas / potential problem feedback early.)

New: Jamba-Me
    • A list of nicknames that this character responds to when receiving jamba slash commands.
    • Jamba slash commands have an optional parameter <pushnickname>. If <pushnickname> is set only characters that have that nickname will run the command. If <pushnickname> is not set, Jamba only runs the command on the character that the script was run on.
    • Essentially every time certain Jamba slash commands are received and <pushnickname> is not blank, the command is sent to all enabled Jamba members and they look at the <pushnickname> parameter and decide whether or not to execute the command.
    • Example nickname set based on my 5 box group:
      • Yaswar (warrior): all, main
      • Yasmage (mage): all, slave, sheep
      • Yasprie (priest): all, slave, shackle, mainheal
      • Yasham (shaman): all, slave, hex1*, backupheal1
      • Yashan (shaman): all, slave, hex2*, backupheal2
    • So if I wanted my tank to be the focus on all my slaves, I use the slash command (one just one of my characters, my main say):
      • /jamba setfocus Yaswar slave (and then I press the jamba set focus key on my keyboard)
      • /jamba setfocus party1 slave (and then I press the jamba set focus key on my keyboard)
    • Or, if I use the targettarget macro system (and focus is for sheeping) and I want to assign a target to sheep, I use:
      • /jamba setfocus targettarget sheep (and then I press the jamba set focus key on my keyboard)
    • To get everyone to dance (from the main)..
      • /jamba dance all (when I implement the dance command)
    • I have focus on my priest set to my mage (aggro magnet) so I can easily heal her.
      • /jamba setfocus Yasmage mainheal (and then I press the jamba set focus key on my keyboard)
    Jamba
    • Focus management - new slash commands:
      • /jamba setfocusmaster <pushnickname>
      • /jamba setfocus <unittarget> <pushnickname> (where unittarget is party1, party2, target, targettarget, player, focustarget, etc)
      • /jamba clearfocus <pushnickname>

Once this system is in place; it should be easy to extend it to other out of combat commands; like dance or configuring spells, etc.

Did I explain myself well enough? What do you think? Will this work? Would you use it? Can you see any potential problems with it?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: This is turning into a target management feature as well.
    Jafula.
    Jamba - Jafula's Awesome Multi Boxer Assistant. An addon for YOU.

If this can do what I think it does it sounds awesome!
    For my current 5-group shammy I'm no so dependant on CC since I don't have any but I'm also planning on a 1 Paladin/4Mage group which gives me plenty of sheeps to manage.
    Something like this could be used to easily sort your focus in instances and have each mage sheep something and keep it sheeped while burning down something else.

I'd definitely use this for instancing/CC-heavy fights.

A pally powers/grid type interface would be pretty slick with this. When a option for a unfriendly target is selected a grid type UI creates a new box with an indication of what is being done to that target appears. Buttons to clear options per target or all could be useful.

Main - Lootdrone lvl70 Mage Bloodscalp 5box - Tioget, Tiodrone, Tioluv, Tiogriz, Tiobuzz q9450 - 4gb ram - 8800gt 512 - 400gb hd - 500gb hd

some entertainment out of combat options would be great
    so that if you target a player in the game so all my char would
    do some /dance with the player that is targetet, the way i do it now
    i got a macro on all my chars
    /assist silvetachi "my main
    /dance

but not all my slaves wanna dance with my target sometimes they are dancing with me.
    i am sure my macro can easly be improved, but having some entermainment options within
    this addon makes the whole ting easier
    is allways fun to see a horde doing K E K at me and they trow him a funny emote x5 in at him like /kiss /flirt.

anyway great work so far i am looking forward to see the next update to this addon as i am sure we all are

Silver

[quote='bugilt',index.php?page=Thread&postID=117080 #post117080]A pally powers/grid type interface would be pretty slick with this. When a option for a unfriendly target is selected a grid type UI creates a new box with an indication of what is being done to that target appears. Buttons to clear options per target or all could be useful.[/quote]Google comes up with [url='http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/3738/']this[/url] for pally powers. Looks pretty sweet. From your description do you mean that a box appears for each unfriendly target; and in the box you see some information - like a sheep icon if you had a mage focus on the target? Or something slightly different to that?
    Jafula.

Quote Originally Posted by 'SilverSlice',index.php?page=Thread&postID=117110# post117110
    some entertainment out of combat options would be great
    so that if you target a player in the game so all my char would
    do some /dance with the player that is targetet, the way i do it now
    i got a macro on all my chars
    /assist silvetachi "my main
    /dance

but not all my slaves wanna dance with my target sometimes they are dancing with me.
    i am sure my macro can easly be improved, but having some entermainment options within
    this addon makes the whole ting easier
    is allways fun to see a horde doing K E K at me and they trow him a funny emote x5 in at him like /kiss /flirt.

anyway great work so far i am looking forward to see the next update to this addon as i am sure we all are

Silver
    Ssssh, you're spoiling my secret plans. :whistling: I've got some ideas for role-playing aspects of the game I'd like to do as well. I'd like to be able to tell my toons to do a funny emote, but they all do a different one- like my warrior is gruff and rude so always /rude, my priest is friendly, so always /cheer, my mage is flirty, so always /flirt, my shamans are .. well they're shamans, meh. But it is tedious to set up macros. I want something I can change easily (like you want).

Anyway, back on track, I've done the development for the nicknames and all the focus scripts except clear focus. It works really well. I just am trying to design a nice gui (bugilt had a suggestion) so that each toon can have a button and assigning a focus is just a mouse click on main, a key press and the slaves update. Perhaps a small dropdown for each toon with options listed such as target, targettarget, focustarget, party1, player, Yasmage, Yasprie, etc.

Anyway, I'll think about it more over my morning coffee.
    Jafula.

So this is purely for focus management. Seems like a great system. Have you thought about a /jamba settarget command also?

Quote Originally Posted by 'lacitpo',index.php?page=Thread&postID=117203#post 117203
    So this is purely for focus management. Seems like a great system. Have you thought about a /jamba settarget command also?
    I second that, a lot of us use target instead of focus

Quote Originally Posted by 'lacitpo',index.php?page=Thread&postID=117203#post 117203
    I have now. Because of wow api restrictions, Jamba target changes could only happen out of combat. So on the fly in combat target changing is out. BUT, what if you could set up 3 target commands, each with its own key bind.
    1. Before combat, you set up mob1 as target1, mob2 as target2 and mob3 as target3.
    2. At the start of combat, you press key1 which targets mob1.
    3. Nuke mob1 out of existance while tanking the rest.
    4. When mob1 is dead; press key2 which targets mob2.
    5. Nuke mob2 out of existance while tanking the rest.
    6. When mob2 is dead; press key3 which targets mob3.
    7. Nuke mob3 out of existance and give your tank a rest.
    So a couple of new commands:

/jamba settarget <#> <target> <nickname>

/jamba settargetresolve <#> <target> <nickname>

The command settargetresolve gets the actual name of the mob from the <target> and places that in the internal macro instead of <target>. E.g., if my slaves were targetting my main, and my main was targeting mob1 then

/jamba settarget 1 targettarget slave => /target targettarget

/jamba settargetresolve 1 targettarget slave => /target mob1

I'd throw in a raid icon option as well somewhere. And a gui, because I don't want to type all those slash commands the whole time. Although shouldn't be too hard to bind the commands to a key using Trinity (or similar). Maybe allow up to 5 targets. Is that enough?

EDIT:

And if while in combat you got an add / mob that wasn't Jamba targetted, you could fall back to (in my case) a keypress that causes slaves to target the master (my spells are all the "/cast [target=targettarget, harm] [] Lightning Bolt" style macros)
    Jafula.