Close
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Showing results 31 to 38 of 38
  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    Admin I hope people posting links to ema be removed I do not give my permission to have uploaded versions here
    Are you sure about that? Genuine question, because in your license (which is the first part of the MIT license) you state:

    "Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
    of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
    in the Software without restriction,"
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    Are you sure about that? Genuine question, because in your license (which is the first part of the MIT license) you state:

    "Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
    of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
    in the Software without restriction,"
    ema is released under All Rights Reserved, the suff that is taken from jamba is released under MIT




  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    ema is released under All Rights Reserved, the suff that is taken from jamba is released under MIT
    Hey there,

    I love EMA, I don't see myself playing TBC Classic without it. Is there nothing we can do to convince you to at least update it for TBC? If Blizzard doesn't want people to use EMA, they would change their addon API, but until then, I don't think EMA can be considered "stream-lining."

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dustofoblivion View Post
    Hey there,

    I love EMA, I don't see myself playing TBC Classic without it. Is there nothing we can do to convince you to at least update it for TBC? If Blizzard doesn't want people to use EMA, they would change their addon API, but until then, I don't think EMA can be considered "stream-lining."
    Pay them. Offer money. Don't badger them. They don't owe us anything.

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    Admin I hope people posting links to ema be removed I do not give my permission to have uploaded versions here
    Please report these posts and they'll be looked into.


    If Ebony's code is being linked without their permission it shouldn't be done here.

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    ema is released under All Rights Reserved, the suff that is taken from jamba is released under MIT
    I believe you are wrong there, let me clarify:

    In your License file (see screenshot below), you have basically 3 parts

    1) All rights reserved "unless otherwise explicitly stated".
    2) In the very next paragraph you explicitly grant permission 'to deal in the Software without restriction'. My guess is that you did an unintended sloppy copy/paste from the MIT-license. But this is clearly about your code, not the Jamba one.
    3) The Jama part that falls actually under the MIT license.

    You unintentionally gave permission for EMA to be shared/linked & uploaded in your license. Not that I have any plans to link/upload/share it, kudos to you for all the hard work you've been doing. Just wanted to point it out.

    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

  7. #37

    Default

    I read it the same way, it's porly written.
    The first sentence reserve all right unless explictly stated.
    The second sentence give all rights without restrictions.
    Technicaly, that give you even the right to change the EMA licence itself.


    Now, that would be a dick move, and that does not seems to be the intend of Ebony, so if you have respect for the work he did, you should not doing that.


    That say, i would very much like Ebony to just change the licence to MIT (maybe without giving right to the name EMA itself).
    Jafula give an open source code, closing it while their is an active maintener, i can understand, but what is the point now ?

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baltyre View Post
    That say, i would very much like Ebony to just change the licence to MIT (maybe without giving right to the name EMA itself).
    Jafula give an open source code, closing it while their is an active maintener, i can understand, but what is the point now ?
    Jafula gave up because he did not have time did not wanna play wow had a kid

    Am giving up because of abuse! from this very community. and the fact we can not longer "multibox" as such.


    The problem is players going to get banned. whatever reason there doing there going to say all am doing is playing wow with EMA players don't understand how the hidden addon channels work for comms. yes it sucks for the people who like EMA but your not going to be able to use it without looking like a boxer. as well EMA looks like from other players your sending keys over to other clients. ( EG all chars mounting )

    i don't think blizzard would/change the API When there is a ton of crazy big addons that use hidden addon talk and your saying there going to remove that to brick EMA?? very super unlikely, yes the mount and the follow could be hard ware event I don't know why they not done this.

    As well i don't want to release the code under MIT because its my work am not done with it, when stuff claims down there it might be steamlined to something else more to help as a multiple levelling Helper tool then a multiboxing tool.


    Having a name like EMA is is like walking around a gun range with a TARGET on your head.


    AM not leaving wow/ema because i don't have time am done its that we getting forced out the game.


    thanks for the support of the nice people I have met.


    As for TBC EMA there will nerver be one (maybe the new addon we shell see)




Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •