Close
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 55
  1. #31
    Old Man Vecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    444
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Ellay I have been demoted to a school age child after watching this, a first day newb who has never boxed before. I laughed throughout on how much easier life would have been if I actually played correctly! I appreciate all your willingness to share and guide us through great setup and technique. Thank you!
    Computer Freak Social Geek

    GET OFF MY LAWN!

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellay View Post
    The dungeons bonuses for your covenant are nice but they aren’t worthwhile From what I have gathered for our style of gameplay. I’m personally going for teams are picking the same covenant for how much easier it should be hypothetically for everything else.
    I really would like that too, but when i see the chart which shows strong and weak covenants at.. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...hyKTV74fdzBXLw .. it seems a tank druid would go either Night Fae, Necrolords or Venthyr, while a Boomkin would go Venthyr, and a resto druid would go Night Fae. My other team is even more mixed, made out of a Mage, a Warlock, a Priest, a Druid and a Hunter. Priest would want either Kyrian or Venthyr, Mage would go for either Kyrian or Night Fae, Warlock for either Kyrian, Necrolords or Venthyr and Druid would go Night Fae, Necrolords or Venthyr, and the Hunter would go either Kyrian or Necrolords. I wonder if it is worth to split to Covenant groups, considering this ends up in same roles very often.

  3. #33

    Default

    Well, I'm thinking of starting a Vulpera team, with Monk as tank, Shaman as Healer, and then 3x Hunters, as it is written.

    I like having a mage for portals, but that is not meant to be. Hoping the camp perk makes up for no mage.

  4. #34

    Default

    • Beast Mastery
      • Misdirection threat percentage increased by 100%.
      • Spirit Mend (Spirit Beast pet ability) healing reduced by 66%.
      • Aspect of the Wild no longer has a global cooldown.
      • Bestial Wrath now causes your pet to instantly deal damage to your target upon activation.
      • Multi-Shot and Beast Cleave now capped at 5 targets.
      • The following Talents have been adjusted:
        • New Talent: Bloodshed – Command your pet to tear into your target, causing your target to bleed over 18 seconds and increase all damage taken from your pet by 15% for 18 seconds. 1 minute cooldown.
        • Dire Beast no longer costs focus.
        • Scent of Blood has been redesigned – Activating Bestial Wrath grants 2 charges of Barbed Shot.
        • Venomous Bite has been redesigned and renamed Spitting Cobra: When Bestial Wrath ends, summon a Spitting Cobra to aid you in combat for 15 seconds. Each Cobra Shot used during Bestial Wrath increases the damage this Spitting Cobra deals by 10%.
        • Stampede now has a 2 minute cooldown (was 3 minutes) and capped at 5 targets per beast per wave of Stampede.
        • Barrage now capped at 8 targets.



    Changes from the last patch. Anyone an idea if the 66% nerf to Spirit Mend makes it so, that MM is now better?

  5. #35

    Default

    The 66% nerf hurts the spirit mend a bit but it’s still going to be very useful. This may change the healer you want (though resto shaman is looking strong still).
    The reason BM hunter is so good is fast every single ability they use can be done while moving. Marksman is a stationary turret almost and moving causes a decent drop in dps.

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellay View Post
    The 66% nerf hurts the spirit mend a bit but it’s still going to be very useful. This may change the healer you want (though resto shaman is looking strong still).
    The reason BM hunter is so good is fast every single ability they use can be done while moving. Marksman is a stationary turret almost and moving causes a decent drop in dps.
    Because I want to main a Resto Druid I am still sticking with Resto Druid + 3 Night Elf Hunters as my initial focus though I am still torn on the ideal tank. There has been lots of balancing on the Tank side and it sounds like they are all getting to be closer in rankings each with their pros/cons. I was shocked to see at least one ranker suddenly put Blood DK at the bottom because with the changes they were dying in high Mythics in one global before they could heal back up (though this may not be a problem in low to mid level Mythics).

    One thing I am concerned with is that it seems like they are limiting many AoE abilities to be capped at X targets (often I am seeing 5 but sometimes 3, 8, etc) and a little concerned that a tank with a target cap limit may have some bad interaction with hunter target cap limits... For example if there were 10 mobs in a pack then I am concerned that 5 random ones will go to the tank and other sets of 5 will result in random mob aggro to each hunter/pet... If Misdirection indeed lasts 8 seconds and has a 30 second cooldown does this make this a non-issue for this team? If that is going to be a regular issue maybe the nod will go to a tank that has solid aggo on unlimited targets (like maybe from Paladin Concecration?).

    Of all the Tanks BrewMaster Monk's stagger's more flat/consistent incoming damage seems to fit perfectly with HoTs from Spirit Beast and Resto Druid... BrewMaster's personal damage does seem to be considered relatively low compared to the other tanks (especially Vengeance & Paladin) but with this complement that may be partially offset by the +5% buff to the parties Physical Damage. A little concerned that BrewMaster may have issues with aggro on more than 5 targets so just don't know how big of a problem that might be.

    With the above in mind, how big of a problem are AoE target caps looking to be for Multiboxed teams? Should I dismiss my concerns because it is a non-issue for most teams and/or in particular this team because of Misdirection? Does target caps tip the scales toward certain tanks for multiboxed teams in general or in particular for our complement (3BM Hunters+Healer)?

    Have you or anyone else had a chance to do any recent testing or have any updated thoughts on how you would rank the tanks after all the balancing changes?

  7. #37

    Default

    When doing Mythic+ my personal experience is that we never typically pulled more than 5 mobs on harder content. There's just a bit too much going on, and it also appears they want to stop this type of playstyle where you pull the entire dungeon in 4 pulls.
    So as far as target caps go, I wouldn't pay mind to it and go with the class you enjoy playing.
    For DK's getting one shot, they should be ok. They aren't going to let 1 class be that vulnerable in higher keys. The basis I'm using that on is pretty much every tank was able to do the highest achieved Mythic + key minus 2 or so levels. Just checked and Every single tank was able to time a +28 Mythic+, while Warriors were able to do a bit higher at 30. Overall this should be fine and with Resto Druid any tank is good.

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellay View Post
    When doing Mythic+ my personal experience is that we never typically pulled more than 5 mobs on harder content. There's just a bit too much going on, and it also appears they want to stop this type of playstyle where you pull the entire dungeon in 4 pulls.
    So as far as target caps go, I wouldn't pay mind to it and go with the class you enjoy playing.
    For DK's getting one shot, they should be ok. They aren't going to let 1 class be that vulnerable in higher keys. The basis I'm using that on is pretty much every tank was able to do the highest achieved Mythic + key minus 2 or so levels. Just checked and Every single tank was able to time a +28 Mythic+, while Warriors were able to do a bit higher at 30. Overall this should be fine and with Resto Druid any tank is good.
    Thanks so much as that really helps allay my concerns in those areas.

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nodoze View Post
    There has been lots of balancing on the Tank side and it sounds like they are all getting to be closer in rankings each with their pros/cons. I was shocked to see at least one ranker suddenly put Blood DK at the bottom because with the changes they were dying in high Mythics in one global before they could heal back up (though this may not be a problem in low to mid level Mythics).
    in any list, someone has to be last. Also we could be looking at a reset of what Blizz think is a "high" key.
    Last edited by Jabberie : 10-09-2020 at 10:40 AM

  10. #40

    Default

    So something to consider. I initially thought I could use Resto Druid to throw out Wild Growths at my Tank and because it heals up to 6 Targets it would hit the Pets as they are closest. However it never will heal Pets only other Players unless you cast the initial cast on a pet and then the other heals will still goto players.

    Chain Heal on the other hand will happily heal pets and it will heal the ones that have taken damage. All the Totems seems to also heal the Pets as well as your whole group.

    While it sucks the initial heal of Spirit Mend got nerfed the real benefit to us I think is the rolliing HoT always on your Tank with 100% uptime by stacking three hunters. Taking a bit of the pressure off while moving or using a more 'group/raid' focused healer like a Shaman as their biggest complaint seems to be tank healing.

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •