Close
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 50 of 52
  1. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boxblizzard View Post
    Yes ideally, however i have become fond of a tank + 4x dps hybrid heal, combined they act as a healer. Just like the paladins, it means i have alot more burst and less healing required. Some talents to support abit more healing to work together.

    I have been running a single healer setup, but i find in pvp, they get targeted alot. When they are all equal, they leave the tank alone and pick a random dps.

    If i can survive a onsalught with some alive, this is a win in my books. but anything that gets close to me usually dead on impact.

    PVE side of things, this combo works better, faster boss down times, less healing required.
    I used tank + 4 dps hybrid heal until max level. It did work pretty well and I was not shifting more than once per pull so passive mana regen worked great. It was not working as well at max level, so I am trying the single healer + 3 dps approach instead. It is nice because the tank health is not as much of a roller coaster, and dps is actually close as I do not miss any energy ticks on the cats and they get more chances to proc omen of clarity for a free shred. Maybe once my gear is better I can try 4x hybrid again.

  2. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fleaplus View Post
    I used tank + 4 dps hybrid heal until max level. It did work pretty well and I was not shifting more than once per pull so passive mana regen worked great. It was not working as well at max level, so I am trying the single healer + 3 dps approach instead. It is nice because the tank health is not as much of a roller coaster, and dps is actually close as I do not miss any energy ticks on the cats and they get more chances to proc omen of clarity for a free shred. Maybe once my gear is better I can try 4x hybrid again.

    This is a good setup.

    After playing around with the feral tank, i have decided to review my paladin team and put back the paladin tank.

    1. due to more available gear in dungeons

    2. review why i am going oom and look into improving my "pace" or strategy, i have taken different rotations and now left with mostly full mana except on double or trouple pack pulls then its burst down moments.

    The thoery crafting of adding the feral is great, but i love my paladins too much and end of the day, we must play what we think is fun. I have before grinded my soul away with compositions that end of the day did not fullfil the "fun" aspect.

    So i have put the druid to one side, and will stick to solid teams of the same class. Once my paladins are rock solid, i will bring out the full 5 druid team again and try again at a later date.


    Paladin Team: Holyalpha, Holybravo, Holycharlie, Holydelta, Holyecho
    Warlock Team: Pantafive, Soxisix, Setteseven, Oktoeight, Novenine
    Shaman Team: - Twiz, Twjz, Twlz, Twrz, Twfz
    Hunter Team: Unaone, Bissotwo, Terrathree, Kartefour, Janmoon
    -------------------------
    Ashbringer - Horde

  3. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boxblizzard View Post
    This is a good setup.

    After playing around with the feral tank, i have decided to review my paladin team and put back the paladin tank.

    1. due to more available gear in dungeons

    2. review why i am going oom and look into improving my "pace" or strategy, i have taken different rotations and now left with mostly full mana except on double or trouple pack pulls then its burst down moments.

    The thoery crafting of adding the feral is great, but i love my paladins too much and end of the day, we must play what we think is fun. I have before grinded my soul away with compositions that end of the day did not fullfil the "fun" aspect.

    So i have put the druid to one side, and will stick to solid teams of the same class. Once my paladins are rock solid, i will bring out the full 5 druid team again and try again at a later date.
    I could see 5x pallies being fun, but I would imagine you would want to start with a dedicated healer at level 60 just to make grinding out gear easier. It also gives you improved blessing of wisdom which combined with the AQ20 spell rank upgrade should help with mana regen on the whole team starting out.

  4. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fleaplus View Post
    I could see 5x pallies being fun, but I would imagine you would want to start with a dedicated healer at level 60 just to make grinding out gear easier. It also gives you improved blessing of wisdom which combined with the AQ20 spell rank upgrade should help with mana regen on the whole team starting out.
    I have no mana issues from heal at all, the blessing of light healing bonus makes 4 flash heals strong as a holy light in half the time. It’s a strong combination!

    if raid requires it I will consider the change but 4x dps as off healers in PvP is important, in pve I burst down trash and bosses in record times.

    Im still leveling at the moment and will put them through thierbpaces with some videos to boot.
    Last edited by boxblizzard : 10-08-2020 at 07:33 PM


    Paladin Team: Holyalpha, Holybravo, Holycharlie, Holydelta, Holyecho
    Warlock Team: Pantafive, Soxisix, Setteseven, Oktoeight, Novenine
    Shaman Team: - Twiz, Twjz, Twlz, Twrz, Twfz
    Hunter Team: Unaone, Bissotwo, Terrathree, Kartefour, Janmoon
    -------------------------
    Ashbringer - Horde

  5. #45

    Default

    I made a video showing the dynamic healer / tank swap. Bosses are not very hard with this setup. The trash pulls are still pretty challenging.

    https://youtu.be/USKiI45dNGI

  6. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fleaplus View Post
    I made a video showing the dynamic healer / tank swap. Bosses are not very hard with this setup. The trash pulls are still pretty challenging.

    https://youtu.be/USKiI45dNGI
    I enjoyed that quite a bit.

    One thing you may want to do is upload the videos already at X2 speed (and denote that at the start of the video) so folk can speed it up to X4 for certain parts yet still slow down quite a bit. I think I noticed Fuii doing that first and really like it now that I have seen it.

    Would really like to see more (especially from Strat, Scholo, DM, BRS, etc).

    I also added that video to the Melee Cleave thread.

  7. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fleaplus View Post
    I made a video showing the dynamic healer / tank swap. Bosses are not very hard with this setup. The trash pulls are still pretty challenging.

    https://youtu.be/USKiI45dNGI
    One thing I notice you do differently is leaving your healer out of cat form and not being very aggressive with your mana.

    I open by pre-HoTing on the bear and then DPS with 4 cats until my bear is around 50% health. Drop cat form on a druid with full mana and cast max rank healing touch, regrowth and rejuv, then go back to cat form. Cycling through your mana bars this way means you can have 4 cats DPSing most of the time, rather than having one of your characters just waiting to heal and not really doing anything.

  8. #48

    Default

    Is there way for a Druid to see your mana (bar?) while in Cat or Bear form to know how your regen is going and if you are maxed?

  9. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    One thing I notice you do differently is leaving your healer out of cat form and not being very aggressive with your mana.

    I open by pre-HoTing on the bear and then DPS with 4 cats until my bear is around 50% health. Drop cat form on a druid with full mana and cast max rank healing touch, regrowth and rejuv, then go back to cat form. Cycling through your mana bars this way means you can have 4 cats DPSing most of the time, rather than having one of your characters just waiting to heal and not really doing anything.
    My first attempt was to setup a Tank, Healer, and Melee ATG, switching which slot is in each ATG depending on the active slot. Only the Melee ATG gets IWT. It sounds like it may take a different approach to allow a DPS cat to dynamically disable IWT for a healing castsequence to be completed. I see there is a Mapped Key Virtualization Action that may be able to toggle IWT on a per slot basis or is there a better way to do this?

  10. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nodoze View Post
    Is there way for a Druid to see your mana (bar?) while in Cat or Bear form to know how your regen is going and if you are maxed?
    Simple Druid Mana addon

    Quote Originally Posted by fleaplus View Post
    I see there is a Mapped Key Virtualization Action that may be able to toggle IWT on a per slot basis or is there a better way to do this?
    What I do with healers is have a Click Bar over the top of my party/raid unit frames. The Click Bar is entirely pass-through so all clicks work as normal. However, the region has a mouse-over mapped key assigned to it which removes all toons in ATG "Healer" from the ATG "Combat", and puts them back after mouse-out. I ensured that only group Combat gets IWTs (in ISB42 Party | Auto-Interact with Target) and only Combat does any attacks. I.e. while my mouse is in the party frames, the healer automatically stops DPS and IWT and is able to heal.

    I also recently made a "NoIWT" group and a Menu with 8 buttons so that I can toggle individual slots from doing any IWT at all. This because my holy paladin was often running into battle with my rogue and warrior while I was busy getting aggro during the pull. I do want him sometimes to judge wisdom but not always. In this case I changed the Auto-IWT mapped key to
    <Interact with Target> -> Combat&~NoIWT
    Last edited by Wizeowel : 10-15-2020 at 04:38 AM

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •