Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Wow Classic TBC

  1. #1

    Default Wow Classic TBC

    Hello fellow multiboxers

    Me and many others are probobly waiting for a official TBC annuncement from Blizzard. Im sure it will be around blizzcon.
    Anyways, I know it's pretty early to start tanking about TBC dungeon comps. But i cant help hyping myself up.

    Ive only heard that 5 shamans is pretty strong and can do almost any HC dungeon? But any of you guys that have experience of multiboxing in TBC?

  2. #2

    Default

    PaladinTank+4Shaman was really nice.

  3. #3

    Default

    I don't have any experience multiboxing TBC content but I too am eagerly awaiting an announcement. I spent a bit digging around Youtube and Google the other day looking for resources or suggested comps and I found a few bits and pieces. Like Nodoze said Prot Paladin seems like the go to tank for any comp as it is the king of AoE tanking, and Elemental Shamans in a 4 or 5 of also seem strong. Why bother CC'ing targets when you can delete one on pull.

    I've also seen mention of Shadow Priests as a 4 of, and I watched a video of a Prot Paladin with 4 Disc/Holy Priests utilizing Smite & Holy Nova. I kind of doubt that comp would be stronger than Prot Paladin, 3 Mages and a Disc Priest but maybe I'm not seeing something. What is clear to me is the need for a more durable front line unless you can instantly remove 1 or 2 targets from the fight, so either burst damage or CC could mitigate the need for a tank on everything except bosses.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Helljumper01 View Post
    I don't have any experience multiboxing TBC content but I too am eagerly awaiting an announcement. I spent a bit digging around Youtube and Google the other day looking for resources or suggested comps and I found a few bits and pieces. Like Nodoze said Prot Paladin seems like the go to tank for any comp as it is the king of AoE tanking, and Elemental Shamans in a 4 or 5 of also seem strong. Why bother CC'ing targets when you can delete one on pull.

    I've also seen mention of Shadow Priests as a 4 of, and I watched a video of a Prot Paladin with 4 Disc/Holy Priests utilizing Smite & Holy Nova. I kind of doubt that comp would be stronger than Prot Paladin, 3 Mages and a Disc Priest but maybe I'm not seeing something. What is clear to me is the need for a more durable front line unless you can instantly remove 1 or 2 targets from the fight, so either burst damage or CC could mitigate the need for a tank on everything except bosses.
    I tried alot of comps, and nothing beats 4x sham/pala mainly due to factor you can spam BL 4x in a row. Even 5x ele is just pure insanity.

    The only comp that can actually beat 4x ele/pala is 4x sl s l/shadow or disc. Rest is just pew pew.

    Also, teh amount of farm you can do as ele is just insanity. All hc dungeons are piss easy as well.
    www.twitch.tv/waterwalk
    waterwalk@youtube
    Paypal donation https://streamlabs.com/waterwalk/tip
    Use my Isboxer referal for free days when signing up!
    Referral Code:
    #8054-7845945
    Recruit a friend Wow code for new wow accounts:
    https://battle.net/recruit/NX6NZ9QFMR

  5. #5
    Member sethlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    FailArena, US
    Posts
    193
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    I know ele shamans ruled in TBC. thats why i have 6x - 60s - pretty much ready for TBC , just having fun leveling mages/priest now.
    Classic: 8x Tauren Shamans Level 60- Failarena. US
    Leveling-Second Team: 7x Mages 1 Priest

    multiboxing live @ http://twitch.tv/sethlan youtube @ https://youtube.com/sethlan

  6. #6
    Member JohnGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle Washington, USA
    Posts
    2275

    Default

    I seem to remember multiple shamans were so strong because of totem stacking, which was later patched out. Imagine 5 totems of wrath all stacking.

    Will that be in the patch we get? Do they consider it a bug and wont be in from the start?

  7. #7

    Default

    No, that was changed in 3.01.

    As far as Tbc is concerned, that is all legit normal. so 5x 3% crit increase, 5x totems fire/lava/only the mana totem does not stack.

    will be fun to see 5x ele rampaging! tho not in bg
    www.twitch.tv/waterwalk
    waterwalk@youtube
    Paypal donation https://streamlabs.com/waterwalk/tip
    Use my Isboxer referal for free days when signing up!
    Referral Code:
    #8054-7845945
    Recruit a friend Wow code for new wow accounts:
    https://battle.net/recruit/NX6NZ9QFMR

  8. #8

    Default

    I had pretty much at least 5 of every class capped (maybe except Rogues) in TBC. From TBC through WoTLK I tried many combosand for me at least the best teams to farm with were:

    PVE5man: PaladinTank+4Shaman;
    PVE10man:PaladinTank+9Shaman (sometimes I would bring in a extra class but just really liked Shaman);
    PVP10Man: upto10Shaman (until WoTLK when Paladin+4DK was just as fun).

    I don't remember when exactly Shaman got Earth Shield but when they got that (and with the tweaks to Paladin Tanking) it seemed like PVE dungeon/raid farming went on steroids.

    Bottom line is that it seemed to me that Paladin+Shaman started strong in TBC and only got stronger though WoTLK. DKs were overpowered and fun/novel when they came but for PVE I still preferred Paladin+Shaman.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nodoze View Post
    I had pretty much at least 5 of every class capped (maybe except Rogues) in TBC. From TBC through WoTLK I tried many combosand for me at least the best teams to farm with were:

    PVE5man: PaladinTank+4Shaman;
    PVE10man:PaladinTank+9Shaman (sometimes I would bring in a extra class but just really liked Shaman);
    PVP10Man: upto10Shaman (until WoTLK when Paladin+4DK was just as fun).

    I don't remember when exactly Shaman got Earth Shield but when they got that (and with the tweaks to Paladin Tanking) it seemed like PVE dungeon/raid farming went on steroids.

    Bottom line is that it seemed to me that Paladin+Shaman started strong in TBC and only got stronger though WoTLK. DKs were overpowered and fun/novel when they came but for PVE I still preferred Paladin+Shaman.
    Awesome, Im leaning to 5xele or 1 paladin + 4 shamans. I'll probably level a new team in TBC as an ally. The massive amount of players rushing in the portal and try to quest in Hellfire will be a shitty time. If you can't go direct to ramp and start grind to get ahead of the massive zerg

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
    No, that was changed in 3.01.

    As far as Tbc is concerned, that is all legit normal. so 5x 3% crit increase, 5x totems fire/lava/only the mana totem does not stack.

    will be fun to see 5x ele rampaging! tho not in bg
    Also if it was already mentioned, there was no Bloodlust debuff. 5xshaman in TBC was basically playing with a cheat code.


    Also, for those that enjoy pet teams. Hunters are the top DPS at the beginning of TBC. Warlocks are the top DPS at the end of TBC. Warlock SL/SL is amazing for pvp, more like godly. 3min mage is also at it's peak.
    Last edited by Purpleflavor : 05-24-2020 at 06:12 PM

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •