Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Default What graphics setting and gpu card are you guys using?

    im using a gtx 1050 ti and i thought it is quite bad.. wondering what is the setting you guys are doing on a 5 box and what gpu you guys are using?
    Nobodyz is perfect. I am Nobodyz.

  2. #2

    Default

    For a nice little 5man, a nvidia 1060 6gb vram or better is good enough, for 4 slaves on settings 1 and the main on settings 5+. On 1080p. Fps set to 60 front and 30 back in isboxer.

    Any newer modern gpu with similar or better specs would work fine.

    Ideal gpu atm, personal preference, is the Radeon RX 5700 XT, performance to price, for a 5man.

    Do NOT buy this version though.
    https://youtu.be/OJU8jKIYtS4

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WOWBOX40 View Post
    For a nice little 5man, a nvidia 1060 6gb vram or better is good enough, for 4 slaves on settings 1 and the main on settings 5+. On 1080p. Fps set to 60 front and 30 back in isboxer.

    Any newer modern gpu with similar or better specs would work fine.

    Ideal gpu atm, personal preference, is the Radeon RX 5700 XT, performance to price, for a 5man.

    Do NOT buy this version though.
    https://youtu.be/OJU8jKIYtS4
    What is this settings 1 and settings 5? I’m on a 1070 and have horrible issues when first starting up when in citites

  4. #4
    Member Ughmahedhurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North of The Wall, South of The Line
    Posts
    7150

    Default

    Look up "slot swap macro" in the forums here. That'll dramatically improve performance on your main.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jj7009 View Post
    What is this settings 1 and settings 5? I’m on a 1070 and have horrible issues when first starting up when in citites
    He never stated which cpu he had. But i was assuming he had a modern 6core/12threads atleast. Ideal is 2 cores/2threads per game + 2cores/2threads unassigned for the OS. Overclock cpu and gpu if able. Ssd with 500 mb/s at the lowest (though modern m.2 nvme with 2gb/sec will feel like almost instant loadtimes). And yes, slotswap grafix macros + run the game in dirext x11 legacy mode.
    Last edited by WOWBOX40 : 01-28-2020 at 11:03 AM

  6. #6

    Default

    I run 10x toons on a GTX 1080 - Normally have them all on 1 (lowest) with view distance set to maximum. If I want it to look pretty just set my main to quality 7 but this causes issues in wPvP.

  7. #7

    Default

    looks like you guys are on higher version of mine.. 1070 & 1080.. im on 8700 cpu..
    when i run 5box with other emulator like nox.. it slows down my wow even on setting 2 (x4) and setting 5
    Nobodyz is perfect. I am Nobodyz.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nobodyz View Post
    looks like you guys are on higher version of mine.. 1070 & 1080.. im on 8700 cpu..
    when i run 5box with other emulator like nox.. it slows down my wow even on setting 2 (x4) and setting 5
    I have a similar setup but different results, my stuff is running smoothly. Is all your hardware updated?

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Osop View Post
    I have a similar setup but different results, my stuff is running smoothly. Is all your hardware updated?
    after reboot it runs smoothly, but it there's env effects such as fire etc.. then it lags on the other 4.. i run other emu like nox etc.. after sometime, everything just slows and i need to do a reboot.. but other than wow x5 and nox, i got nothing else running. not sure if its 5x wow but anyway, its still playable for now..
    Nobodyz is perfect. I am Nobodyz.

  10. #10

    Default

    amd 3900x, Geforce 2070 and setting 10 on tanks and 7 on follow toons (old pc was from 2011 with graphics update in 2015)

    Runs smooth 95% of the time

    Can experience lag when I landed on Mechagon (All done there so fine with that) but the new Vale and Uldum runs perfect
    22 x 5-toon teams on Silvermoon EU

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •