Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Default Blinking ISBoxer UI Issue

    I have one window out of five while playing Wow where the ISBoxer UI blinks. Not the game window, just the ISboxer UI and the mouse (only when in game). The blink speed increases if I swap the affected to window to the main window.

    When I open the ISBoxer Control Panel, the blinking affects several portions of that UI as well. Again, only in this window, not any of the others.

    The solutions I've found address the whole game window tearing or blinking, not just the ISBoxer UI. I've also deleted the IXBoxer addon folder and had Innerspace reinstall it without success.

    Any thoughts or ideas how to address the issue? Thanks in advance for any help.

    Video of the exact issue: https://youtu.be/7YMuUx8sncA
    Owachi (Druid), Rhodrage(Paladin), Tenitis (Warlock), Rhodigan (Mage), Vhoden (Shaman)

  2. #2
    Multiboxologist MiRai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Winter Is Coming
    Posts
    6639

    Default

    Which of the three graphics API options are you using?
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

    Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Which of the three graphics API options are you using?
    Short answer: Direct X 12 (retail) / "Default" (classic)

    Long answer: For clarity, I have each client running from a separate drive (4 SSD, 1 HDD). So each drive has it's own profile in InnerSpace. All are set to DX12 for retail. In the video I posted, Slot 5 is the affected client running from a SSD.

    Note: Slot 5 is the only slot to share CPU cores with another slot (slot 2, however this slot isn't affected).

    This same blinking issue occurs with Classic Wow, same slot, and the API is whatever the "default" is in Innerspace. (I created a separate Classic Innerspace profile for each of the clients).

    I'm running a single RTX2070 Extreme through 3 - 27" monitors.

    Sorry for the long reply, wanted to provide as many details as could be helpful. Thank you!
    Owachi (Druid), Rhodrage(Paladin), Tenitis (Warlock), Rhodigan (Mage), Vhoden (Shaman)

  4. #4

    Default

    Why separate drive for your client ? most read are server side - must be a pain to keep updatet and old fashion - no need when you have the game on a SSD

    I think that most of us are running dx11 legacy
    Last edited by Tin : 12-03-2019 at 06:47 AM
    Eonar - EU

  5. #5

    Default

    Changing each clients profile to DX11, not legacy, in the toolkit seems to have resolved the issue. Classic issue went away as well, no idea why because I didn't change those profiles. Either way, Thanks a ton for pointing me in the right direction MiRai !!

    Tin, I do actually see some performance improvement in heavily crowded areas running separate stored clients. My presumption why is the client still needs to load rendering data from the drives and interactions/movements are all handled server side. By separating the rendering data for each client, the less lag I get, especially in traditionally laggy areas like Dalaran, Org, etc. The updates for the game and add-ons can be a tad tedious but I'm used to it. Addons don't take long with Twitch/Minion.

    Thank again!
    Owachi (Druid), Rhodrage(Paladin), Tenitis (Warlock), Rhodigan (Mage), Vhoden (Shaman)

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhod View Post
    Tin, I do actually see some performance improvement in heavily crowded areas running separate stored clients. My presumption why is the client still needs to load rendering data from the drives and interactions/movements are all handled server side. By separating the rendering data for each client, the less lag I get, especially in traditionally laggy areas like Dalaran, Org, etc. The updates for the game and add-ons can be a tad tedious but I'm used to it. Addons don't take long with Twitch/Minion.

    Thank again!
    fair enough - if you haven't already made changes to your graphics then take a look at MiRag`s slot-swap video setup
    https://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/...e-for-Azeroth)
    Eonar - EU

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    fair enough - if you haven't already made changes to your graphics then take a look at MiRag`s slot-swap video setup
    https://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/...e-for-Azeroth)

    Good stuff. Thanks Tin !
    Owachi (Druid), Rhodrage(Paladin), Tenitis (Warlock), Rhodigan (Mage), Vhoden (Shaman)

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •