Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kate View Post
    The only suspensions that might have resulted from my multiboxing are to people reporting me because they either told me to kill myself or used various slurs. I can't confirm - I just tend to ignore people once they cross either of those lines, so they cease to exist for me - but I've been told by someone else that at least one got banned for it.
    LOL it's so satisfying when they cross those lines and you just know they done messed up.

  2. #12

    Default

    I worked for a short while back in TBC-wraith for blizzard offices in the European Centre in Ireland. doing “gm” work, and honestly it’s call Centre work...
    I can 100% garuntee everyone on this forums accounts have all been reported, but having worked on the other side all that happens is we get a report for botting. We open the ticket. Search the players profile, see if they’re online... go watch. If they’re boring they flagged and sent to accounts/billing, if it’s a multibox (which is damn obvious as we all know, we will tend to fuck with the toons a few times to see if it’s a human response or not. Like breaking follow, transporting it away from group, such forth and so on. Even occasionally I would /w people and talk to them. Depending on how many tickets were on the boards and how my quota was looking. After the second or third time you get reported your accounts would be flagged as a multiboxer and all we would do was check that all accounts were in the one name. If so, just disregard the ticket and put it down as solved without even looking.

  3. #13

    Default

    After the second or third time you get reported your accounts would be flagged as a multiboxer and all we would do was check that all accounts were in the one name. If so, just disregard the ticket and put it down as solved without even looking.
    And if accounts on differents name? I created them for multibox, but used different fake names ...

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesso View Post
    And if accounts on differents name? I created them for multibox, but used different fake names ...

    well using fake names on the accounts means you're F'ed. Registering accounts under fake names is a pet peeve for blizzard.

    I'd call support and try my hardest to rectify that asap, while the accounts are in good standing. If you bought hard copies you will want to have the serial numbers ready. If you bought digital copies and did this, oof. You might be able to show the credit card ownership ect. I had to send pics of my I.D and hard copies of diablo 3 just to retrieve my account when i had one tagged for suspicious activity. If i had registered under a fake name there was zero chance to get it back. Get it fixed or you wont be able to retrieve them if you ever lose control of them for any reason, let alone looking suspicious when boxing under different names.

  5. #15
    Rated Arena Member Kruschpakx4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Innsbruck
    Posts
    1300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Crowd View Post
    After the second or third time you get reported your accounts would be flagged as a multiboxer and all we would do was check that all accounts were in the one name. If so, just disregard the ticket and put it down as solved without even looking.
    For real you checked the names? I have been multiboxing on battlenet with different names from tbc to mop and 300k HKs worth of reports (however that number translates in reports) and nothing ever happend xD. I either got lucky or german GM's didnt take it that serious with the rules.
    Last edited by Kruschpakx4 : 12-03-2019 at 07:30 PM

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleflavor View Post
    well using fake names on the accounts means you're F'ed. Registering accounts under fake names is a pet peeve for blizzard.

    I'd call support and try my hardest to rectify that asap, while the accounts are in good standing. If you bought hard copies you will want to have the serial numbers ready. If you bought digital copies and did this, oof. You might be able to show the credit card ownership ect. I had to send pics of my I.D and hard copies of diablo 3 just to retrieve my account when i had one tagged for suspicious activity. If i had registered under a fake name there was zero chance to get it back. Get it fixed or you wont be able to retrieve them if you ever lose control of them for any reason, let alone looking suspicious when boxing under different names.
    Currently you can create new accounts and just use the trial WoW that on retail lets you go to level 20 (and thus buy nothing) and then start a subscription. I did that on some of my accounts because some of my existing ones shared the same battle.net and I wanted to keep all my accounts on separate battle.nets going forward.

    That being said they are all under my name so no concerns there.

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kruschpakx4 View Post
    For real you checked the names? I have been multiboxing on battlenet with different names from tbc to mop and 300k HKs worth of reports (however that number translates in reports) and nothing ever happend xD. I either got lucky or german GM's didnt take it that serious with the rules.
    Ya, standard first practice was to check account names, this was pre battlenet and account sharing and boosting was a major industry. People boosted accounts using Paladins to aoe down instances and then sell the accounts after, so if you got a report step 1 was check account names because if they didn’t match what was on file in was insta flagged/locked and sent to accounts/billing no more work needed from you... a ticket answered in 30 seconds instead of the 10 min while you follow him around in game looking to see if he glitches or has pathing issues.

    As far as I know the non English servers were handled in my office as well, there was a team of multinationals there.

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kruschpakx4 View Post
    For real you checked the names? I have been multiboxing on battlenet with different names from tbc to mop and 300k HKs worth of reports (however that number translates in reports) and nothing ever happend xD. I either got lucky or german GM's didnt take it that serious with the rules.
    You are playing with fire dude

  9. #19
    Rated Arena Member Kruschpakx4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Innsbruck
    Posts
    1300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baltyre View Post
    You are playing with fire dude
    didnt repeat that mistake with classic accounts, but I still have to laugh about all the people who reported me over the years and yet it was such a simple error that could have gotten me banned forever

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •