Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    Default MMMMP instance runs

    Howdy everyone, so I'm quickly coming up on level 18 with my MMMMP gropu and was about to try my hand at Deadmines. So far it's been easy farming the hyperspawns, but I'm getting a bit intimidated by the instance thought. Would anyone mind mind laying out for me how exactly the process would go? Do I bubble and use my priest to pull, frost nova when they're near and then just arcane explosion them down? Or is it more elaborate than that? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Or even a video link would be great!

  2. #2

    Default

    I believe the idea is, you tank with your lead mage. Mages have surprising mitigation to physical DPS. Frost Armor/Ice Armor slows melee attack speed by 25%, combine that with 20-25% mitigation from cloth + say a defense(armor potion), and your real physical mitigation on mages is going to be in the 45-50% range. The issue is HP pool.

    So, lead mage runs in with shield, and then you just go ham. Everything on the mages gets its melee attack slowed, and you burst with your aoe dps.

  3. #3

    Default

    Yep some ppl lead with the priest but I tend to lead with my mage, that mage is decked out with cloth items "of the eagle" greens, Stamina and Intell. the best gear goes to him first then others follow.

    Shield from the priest and go in hard spamming AE

  4. #4

    Default

    I do it all with my lead mage. I just have a heal macro on my priest for him that I spam with my Arcane Explosion hotkey. My main mage acts as my tank and easily holds aggro for everything because i go 0/2 Arcane Subtlety on him and 2/2 on my other mages.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SonyEQ View Post
    I do it all with my lead mage. I just have a heal macro on my priest for him that I spam with my Arcane Explosion hotkey. My main mage acts as my tank and easily holds aggro for everything because i go 0/2 Arcane Subtlety on him and 2/2 on my other mages.
    Ah thsts such a good idea.

  6. #6

    Default

    You might wanna spec arcane sublety on 2 of your mages so you can spread out the damage, when doing big pulls in later levels some damage can be unhealable, especially if your priest gets kicked while casting. Later on when you get Arcane Power you can rotate the cooldown with round robin macro and have one mage tanking for every pull instead of wasting your cooldown for one pack and killing next 2-3 packs slower ( I use 2 AP per cooldown so it is effectively 1.5min cooldown). Personally I did not spec into sublety to reduce the risk of my priest pulling aggro on boss fights

  7. #7

    Default

    Try to pull 4 mobs first then slowly increase it

    Counterspell also helps on Spellcaster mobs to pull them easily

    I drive with my priest coz of Inner Fire, Spell Warding, Blessed Discovery.

    I'm experimenting on Holy Nova + Spirit Tap. So far it helps

    Thanks @Peregrine for this combo
    AP Pom Flame Strike + Arcane Explosion

    Check this for leveling guide
    https://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/...leveling-route
    Last edited by Diwa : 11-11-2019 at 08:48 AM


  8. #8

    Default

    If you drive from priest you are severely limiting the amount of mobs you can pull, since mobs will first go after your priest and not receive slow from Ice Armor. Mages get hit less often and if you get dazed you can blink to pull another pack.

    Switch to priest only if you need to nova and flamestrike so your cursors get aligned and don't waste mana on holy nova, pull as much mobs as you can and spam flash heal, if mobs are 2-3 levels below you should always try to pull 6-8 mobs.

    If you can spam holy nova and survive you are pulling too few mobs, this is hard to do if you are starting out and your mages have low hp, but as you start to gear up in scarlet monastery it will become easier.
    Last edited by Madsage : 11-11-2019 at 12:39 PM

  9. #9

    Default

    Hi guys! What sort of talents are you going on your mages and priest to make the AE and healing better? For example should I get 3/3 on improved power shield on my priest and do the mages go arcane/frost build?

  10. #10

    Default

    Don't be discouraged if it's a little slow to start. Once you get a decent amount of int/stam gear things will get a lot smoother. When you're first entering a dungeon at 14-18 you barely have any bonus stats.

    For me a real milestone was getting to 26 for cone of cold. Suddenly it was a lot easier to kite stacks of mobs without taking much damage at all.

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •