Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Lightbulb List of items to keep for cap

    When leveling to cap there are lots of drops and rewards and bags are only so big so you have to disenchant/vendor/destroy lots of stuff...

    With that in mind I thought it would be good to make a list of items that you often can get while leveling up (or at cap) that you should keep with a focus on especially items that are quest rewards that you can get only once (even more importantly when you have to choose one item over another/others).


    The following is my first pass at a draft. If others can review the following and give feedback I will try to keep this initial post updated with a full list as a reference for everyone:

    https://classic.wowhead.com/item=17705/thrash-blade

    https://classic.wowhead.com/item=13243/argent-defender

    https://classic.wowhead.com/item=16058/fordrings-seal

    https://classic.wowhead.com/item=139...khands-breadth

    https://classic.wowhead.com/item=177...-of-the-chosen

    https://classic.wowhead.com/item=12115/stalwart-clutch

    https://classic.wowhead.com/item=498...impending-doom

    https://classic.wowhead.com/item=2820/nifty-stopwatch

    https://classic.wowhead.com/item=1191/bag-of-marbles

    https://classic.wowhead.com/item=5816/light-of-elune

    https://classic.wowhead.com/item=119...kens-boomerang

    https://classic.wowhead.com/item=140...peasant-caller

    https://classic.wowhead.com/item=111...rot-on-a-stick

    https://classic.wowhead.com/item=13289/egans-blaster
    (don't turn this quest in and/or lose this blaster)

    https://classic.wowhead.com/item=104...ce-of-eranikus
    (don't do the next quest nor throw this away)

    https://classic.wowhead.com/item=542...ze-enchantment
    (you only get one of these so be careful what you use it on)

    For quest: https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=74...ing-good-times
    --Tank take: https://classic.wowhead.com/item=184...-tooth-pendant
    --Healer take: https://classic.wowhead.com/item=184...slayers-signet

    For Quest: https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=77...d-of-blackrock
    --Tank take: https://classic.wowhead.com/item=193...onslayers-ring
    --Healer take: https://classic.wowhead.com/item=193...gonslayers-orb

    Since I mainly focus on Healers and Tanks I didn't focus as much on DPS/ranged DPS above. if others add DPS or other items below I will try to update the above list... No need to break out any items for Hunters as every item is a Hunter item...
    Last edited by nodoze : 11-05-2019 at 07:20 PM

  2. #2

    Default

    Reserved for archival.

    End of reservations.

  3. #3
    Member Ughmahedhurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North of The Wall, South of The Line
    Posts
    7114

    Default

    Good idea, but should add [alliance] to the title or separate 'em out as such.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Good idea, but should add [alliance] to the title or separate 'em out as such.
    Good point. I am pretty sure many of those have versions for both factions though some are Alliance only.

    If someone wants to make a Horde equivalent list I will be happy to update it into two sections (or side-by-side for each corresponding item where there is a match/equivalent).

    Could just copy the above list and then put horde item under each item.

  5. #5
    Member Ughmahedhurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North of The Wall, South of The Line
    Posts
    7114

    Default

    Or just tag the line items with an (A) or (H) sorta like how wowhead does. It's a great start, though. I can't count the number of those little things I lost like that alliance item that shifts you into an owlbear, or Hydrocanes (which at least you can farm).
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Or just tag the line items with an (A) or (H) sorta like how wowhead does. It's a great start, though. I can't count the number of those little things I lost like that alliance item that shifts you into an owlbear, or Hydrocanes (which at least you can farm).
    I actually had Hydrocane on there but then took it off because it is farm-able. My goal was to highlight choices that you either need to make or items you may get automatically but don't want to delete as you can't get them again (so make space in your bank if you need to).

  7. #7

    Default

    I'm not sure it's worth keeping items with charges. They'll just sit in your bag/bank forever and waste a slot.

    An item like Argent Defender, on the other hand, is absolutely worth keeping on a paladin/warrior. Amazing shield for AE farming. Use it while you're pulling to save durability on your force reactive disk(s).

  8. #8

    Default

    Might be worth to also add items with really low droprates. Easier to keep track then of whats worth keeping and what isnt. Even if the items are farm-able later on it would require a lot of time to get it to drop.

    And I am aware that theres addons out there that displays the droprate in the tooltip, I use one myself, but ive noticed that a lot of people dont really use addons besides the required ones for ISboxer etc.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    I'm not sure it's worth keeping items with charges. They'll just sit in your bag/bank forever and waste a slot.

    An item like Argent Defender, on the other hand, is absolutely worth keeping on a paladin/warrior. Amazing shield for AE farming. Use it while you're pulling to save durability on your force reactive disk(s).
    The bag of marbles could be used in progression raiding to help with early attempts on the new bosses before anyone has that tier of gear... If all 40 people in a raiding guild kept them they could give -25% hit to the strongest raid/world bosses during the hardest hitting phases for up-to 4,000 seconds of amazing mitigation during key raid progression (just apply them during the critical phases and they could go a long way)... A guild like <Apes> would use this to help achieve their world firsts even faster...

    The light of Elune could be used for an escape or diving into the thick of the enemy to wipe them as you are immune to everything (not just physical). I think you could even chain them with invulnerability potions so you could actually wipe multiple spots within a big enemy group. Yes it would be a one shot wonder so make sure to get it on video!

    Agreed many folk will save them for the perfect time and thus never use them but they don't have to :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akumatv View Post
    Might be worth to also add items with really low droprates. Easier to keep track then of whats worth keeping and what isnt. Even if the items are farm-able later on it would require a lot of time to get it to drop.

    And I am aware that theres addons out there that displays the droprate in the tooltip, I use one myself, but ive noticed that a lot of people dont really use addons besides the required ones for ISboxer etc.
    The best thing I have found for that is the following:

    https://classic.wowhead.com/guides/b...ps-classic-wow
    Last edited by nodoze : 11-06-2019 at 11:05 AM

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •