Close
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 70 of 93
  1. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Congau View Post
    I was able to try this approach with a lvl 50 hunter/warlock boosting 3x lvl 14-16 in Westfall. It was really fast. Tried the hyperspawns and it worked well with a single pet. Tried the hyperspawn in Wetlands as well, but had issues tagging the red lvl mobs fast enough, so the xp/hour sank. Would be insane with a couple of 60 pets following a group of lowbies (just AFK /follow and pet Agressive even). AFAIK only limit is tag speed
    Yeah this find has me wishing my boosting main was a Hunter instead of a Paladin or even better to have a team of 4Hunters+Healer...

    For a 5 boxer who wants to level up 2 alts the ideal scenario is likely 3 level 60 hunters following out of party assuming the tagging duo have easy ways to tag fast and self heal easily (otherwise you would need to swap out a level 60 hunter for a level 60 Priest). If the low level alts have a way to quickly tag mobs at range efficiently pets on aggressive would be just crazy easy.
    Last edited by nodoze : 11-13-2019 at 10:06 AM

  2. #62

    Default

    BTW.. i have not tried to boost with my warrior yet. the problem with the mage is the limit on how much i can pull at once. What spec would you want for a warrior to be able to PL?
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

  3. #63

    Default

    I'm not sure if they're gonna honor the way it really used to be in 2005 Wow, but:
    I used to be able to pull the entire Cathedral on my shaman. The secret was Stoneskin totem which, at 60, would reduce incoming damage by like 50 per hit, so literally everyone in SM would hit you for 1 damage. Even that terrible Healing Stream totem was stronger than the incoming damage.

    Of course there was a downside:
    1) Good luck ever getting a cast of Chain Lightning off with 50 things hitting you
    2) Fire Nova totem would get instant aggro and so would magma totem.

    So the trick was to do Stoneclaw for just a second while you got Magma totem out, and once everyone was damaged by a pulse or two of that (and they would kill it) the aggro would transfer to you and you could start cooking them down with more and more magma totems. Fire Nova was a coinflip, though.

  4. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nodoze View Post
    Yeah this find has me wishing my main was a Hunter instead of a Paladin or even better to have a team of 4Hunters+Healer...

    For a 5 boxer who wants to level up 2 alts the ideal scenario is likely 3 level 60 hunters following out of party assuming the tagging duo have easy ways to tag fast and self heal easily (otherwise you would need to swap out a level 60 hunter for a level 60 Priest). If the low level alts have a way to quickly tag mobs at range efficiently pets on aggressive would be just crazy easy.
    Just wanted to add that hunter pet spell Screech was far superior; being able to gather a camp of 6+ mobs with its aoe effect and keeping agro (but not actually tagging the mobs beyond its first target), letting you slowly tag them, with wands/melee etc on the lowbies. I would also recommend a bird with faster than 2.0 attack speed.

  5. #65

    Default

    2-a must be modified. I helped kill a 48+ mob with two 60 level hunters for my alt. But it did not give full experience. When I tried it again with one level 60 hunter, my experience was almost doubled.
    In other words, only one person is allowed to gain full experience.
    Last edited by MiRai : 11-14-2019 at 08:21 PM Reason: Formatting

  6. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tmdsod View Post
    2-a must be modified. I helped kill a 48+ mob with two 60 level hunters for my alt. But it did not give full experience. When I tried it again with one level 60 hunter, my experience was almost doubled.
    In other words, only one person is allowed to gain full experience.
    Were any of the characters grouped in any way?

  7. #67

    Default

    Level 60 Protection Paladin boosting a level 21 4box team in SM:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uexjufwrQ_M

  8. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nodoze View Post
    Level 60 Protection Paladin boosting a level 21 4box team in SM:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uexjufwrQ_M
    that looks painfully slow! i think you could do that faster with a normal team ( or if his paly had all the proper damage shield items ).

    I tried a few different set ups with my new team (pulling with a 60 mage and a proper group all same level ).. i went to SM at 22ish and it was way too slow. I went back to stockades and as my lowbies get closer to level of the dungon, it goes pretty fast. Its all just boring as hell! I'm just sticking with the mage for now, taking it slow until the lowbies can contribute. My priest, at 25, is able to keep my mage alive on bigger pulls, so as the priests heals/shields get stronger, the 60 mage should be able to handle the incoming hordes of mobs that my warlocks eye pulls!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

  9. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    that looks painfully slow! i think you could do that faster with a normal team ( or if his paly had all the proper damage shield items ).

    I tried a few different set ups with my new team (pulling with a 60 mage and a proper group all same level ).. i went to SM at 22ish and it was way too slow. I went back to stockades and as my lowbies get closer to level of the dungon, it goes pretty fast. Its all just boring as hell! I'm just sticking with the mage for now, taking it slow until the lowbies can contribute. My priest, at 25, is able to keep my mage alive on bigger pulls, so as the priests heals/shields get stronger, the 60 mage should be able to handle the incoming hordes of mobs that my warlocks eye pulls!
    Yeah that Paladin literally just dinged 60 during that session and went immediately to help a 4boxer.

    It is a good contrast/comparison to the properly geared Paladin posted previously though that being said, the general consensus is that Paladins taper off in speed the higher you go.

    I plan to run my team like you with my 60 Paladin leading 4 lower level alts along with the alts contributing to DPS where they can (with the alts spec'ed for AoE).

  10. #70

    Default

    Discovered this yesterday while I was using my 60 hunter to level: if you want to really power level just one character using the hunter pet method, Have the second character in your leveling group die and sit at graveyard. Now your first character will get full kill xp. Was doing the 11-20 grind in <10 minutes per level.

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •