Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nodoze View Post
    The bonus subscription time, which can be significant, affects both Classic & Retail.
    Ah, I plan on just buying 1 month sub then dropping the mages and keeping the priest along with one mage I used on my main. I would only use the other mages to get to 60

  2. #12

    Default

    There's no exp penalty for a group of 2, and speed runners have said that duoing is faster than soloing (with the right class combo). Duo questing is faster by a few days if you follow a speedrun guide like Joana's. The issue with duoing is scheduling playtime. Multiboxers do not have that problem.
    Last edited by Purpleflavor : 10-18-2019 at 06:07 PM

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleflavor View Post
    There's no exp penalty for a group of 2, and speed runners have said that duoing is faster than soloing (with the right class combo). Duo questing is faster by a few days if you follow a speedrun guide like Joana's. The issue with duoing is scheduling playtime. Multiboxers do not have that problem.
    The fastest to cap record is a solo mage AoE farming... Otherwise I think Hunters are one of the fastest solo and both a Hunter and Druid get extra movement speed from level 20 on (outdoors only on the Druid). A duo Hunter+Druid mainly questing outdoors should be pretty fast to cap.

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nodoze View Post
    The fastest to cap record is a solo mage AoE farming... Otherwise I think Hunters are one of the fastest solo and both a Hunter and Druid get extra movement speed from level 20 on (outdoors only on the Druid). A duo Hunter+Druid mainly questing outdoors should be pretty fast to cap.
    I did an unofficial "speed run" on a hunter back in 2005 (wasn't actually racing), just grinding mobs, that was again, "unofficially" a few hours faster than Joannas old questing record. I also know other hunters who beat it "unofficially". I think hunters are consistently the fastest class. Mages are faster if they are completely uncontested. So play off hours, and scream through the levels, or play a hunter, mash buttons, and almost match an uncontested mage.

  5. #15

    Default

    I enjoy just playing the game personally. I have zero desire to speed run it. I grind instances when I want and quest at other times. This all takes place along with just doing silly multibox shit like amusing gawkers and open world pvp against higher leveled players. Nothing more satisfying than sending 5 hunter pets to gnaw down someone 5 or 6 levels higher while you just /lol.

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
    That is correct. Last Thursday I made 4x mage disc and atm I am lv 53 ( last 2 days been chill mode). That should tell you the speed of leveling using that setup (5 days 4 hours played or similiar atm).

    Nothing trumps this setup apart perhaps paladin/3xmage/disc. Also, I'd recommend grinding last 8 levels in dugeons and leaving quests for completion upon reaching 60 so you can get massive gold. 1 quest usually gives you 15g-20g but I've had one quest where i got 70g (with item rewards as well). So you can see how lucrative that can be.
    So if you were strictly pve you would throw a paladin into the mix?

  7. #17

    Default

    For dungeon purposes, yeah!
    www.twitch.tv/waterwalk
    waterwalk@youtube
    Use my Isboxer referal for free days when signing up!
    Referral Code:
    #8054-7845945

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
    ... I'd recommend grinding last 8 levels in dugeons and leaving quests for completion upon reaching 60 so you can get massive gold. 1 quest usually gives you 15g-20g but I've had one quest where i got 70g (with item rewards as well). So you can see how lucrative that can be.
    So quests that can be turned in at 52+ can be turned in at 60 and give you more gold if you wait till level 60?

  9. #19

    Default

    That is correct.
    www.twitch.tv/waterwalk
    waterwalk@youtube
    Use my Isboxer referal for free days when signing up!
    Referral Code:
    #8054-7845945

  10. #20

    Default

    5 is, for me, a lot slower than solo/duo. despite what folks say I find quest xp to go much faster (not counting less boring) than mindless grinding
    5,8 boxing wow with DynamicBoxer for isboxer, give it a try!
    (was 8 Boxing Wow with HotKeyNet)
    Join many boxers playing Classic on US PvP Alliance: <Epic>@Blaumeux
    Streaming on twitch.tv/MooreaTv

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •