Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Default Anyone using a Rogue in their multibox team?

    I am curious about rogues, decided recently to try some other builds out, I am either going to work on a warlock x 4 / priest team or a rogue with druid tank and maybe a druid healer or priest (not sure yet.) Curious if anyone else is having any success with rogues?

  2. #2
    U JELLY?! Toned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    1577

    Default

    I mained a rogue in vanilla, so I naturally made 2 druids waaay back in the day to do stealth runs. Worked really well with 1 being resto and 1 being a bear tank. Was able to stealth snipe mobs in LBRS / BRD / etc... as well as stealth mine/herb.

    As far as using a rogue in classic, if you aren't planning on maining it I'd consider shaman or warrior in that slot... Don't have to deal with combo points etc.


  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toned View Post
    I mained a rogue in vanilla, so I naturally made 2 druids waaay back in the day to do stealth runs. Worked really well with 1 being resto and 1 being a bear tank. Was able to stealth snipe mobs in LBRS / BRD / etc... as well as stealth mine/herb.

    As far as using a rogue in classic, if you aren't planning on maining it I'd consider shaman or warrior in that slot... Don't have to deal with combo points etc.
    Thanks for the response, I was considering lvling up a rogue for a new main, i have been looking at how good the druid might be to lvl up on a second account and doing as you mentioned.

    I am playing currently alliance, so the shaman isn't sadly an option.

  4. #4

    Default

    This question has been asked a few times, but sadly it seems to have rarely been done. I have considered it and tried out both higher level Rogue's and Druid, and the Rogue AoE is pretty much non existent except for 2 mob cleave talent.

  5. #5

    Default

    Well I pulled the trigger on making a Rogue. Driving from him with 2 Druids and 2 Priests. All Night Elf, for Shadowmeld, of course. I went with Priests for the rez's, which is a huge convience I don't think I can go without. The Druids I went with for the obvious reason of stealth, as I only really want 1 Rogue on my team.

    They're pretty much untested for now, aside from running around and dotting the starter zone mobs, which is really fun. Things die with 1 cast of dots, and the Rogue runs around to gather the loot, with an occasional Sinister Strike here and there to speed up the kills. They're level 6 now sitting in the Dolanaar Inn, gathering rested xp. If this is how things are going to go, I'm not gonna be disapointed. With practice and experience I'll make the Rogue more useful, and figure out a comp for this team.

    I'm thinking of 2 Balance, 2 Shadow Priests to start with and see how things go. If I'm not able to do dungeons with them, I'll change it to a typical trinity team. Maybe Druid tank and healer, maybe something else.

  6. #6

    Default

    If you MB a rogue, you will pretty much want to run combat and just slice and dice.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mmrwowboxer View Post
    Well I pulled the trigger on making a Rogue. Driving from him with 2 Druids and 2 Priests. All Night Elf, for Shadowmeld, of course. I went with Priests for the rez's, which is a huge convience I don't think I can go without. The Druids I went with for the obvious reason of stealth, as I only really want 1 Rogue on my team.

    They're pretty much untested for now, aside from running around and dotting the starter zone mobs, which is really fun. Things die with 1 cast of dots, and the Rogue runs around to gather the loot, with an occasional Sinister Strike here and there to speed up the kills. They're level 6 now sitting in the Dolanaar Inn, gathering rested xp. If this is how things are going to go, I'm not gonna be disapointed. With practice and experience I'll make the Rogue more useful, and figure out a comp for this team.

    I'm thinking of 2 Balance, 2 Shadow Priests to start with and see how things go. If I'm not able to do dungeons with them, I'll change it to a typical trinity team. Maybe Druid tank and healer, maybe something else.
    Awesome, update how it goes, I would like to eventually add a rogue to a team myself.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smk View Post
    Awesome, update how it goes, I would like to eventually add a rogue to a team myself.
    I don't have an update, just gonna share some of my ideas. They're still gaining rested xp, and on Sunday I'm going to take them out for a spin. I'm gonna craft gear, bags, and consumables to get as much Int/Spell Power and run around dotting everything I see on the island of Tel'dressil. Hopefully the dots have enough power to kill with 1 cast. If this is the case I will make short work of the rested xp and continue to quest after that. I have no experience with Rogues, but If I can get some kind of poison, cheap bleed, or dot to add to the damage it would be smooth sailing. I'm really excited for this team, at least the open world aspect of course.

  9. #9

    Default

    I run a Warrior, Shaman, Rogue, Mage, and Warlock.

    Pros:
    • Tons of melee gear isn't going to waste
    • Lock-pick
    • Melee damage
    • Blind/interrupt
    • Combo points are stupid easy to keep up with if you use the EMA add-on linked in this forum (or just a simple weak aura)

    Cons:
    • Cleave sucks and you're basically useless
    • Interact with Target is so damn annoying when melee run off


    Honestly, I love the rogue. Don't think you need the perfect melee/spell cleave comps to do anything. I know my coworker is running warrior, shadow priest, feral druid, mage, resto druid and he is perfectly fine doing any 5 man content.

  10. #10

    Default

    I don't know if this would help but on my warrior team all my melee have a follow assist command macroed into their auto attack button. so if they take off, i can pull them back to me and keep them with me during a fight.

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •