Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 15 of 15
  1. #11

    Default

    Something I'm learning is if you intend to AOE the instance in large pulls (first time doing this kind of leveling), wait until the mobs on average are 2 levels under you. They are still yellow, however this seems to be the sweet spot where you can get away with massive pulls. If you do it same level or +2 levels I find you can run out of mana, don't do enough dps in time before they flee bringing help, or you take to great of spike of incoming DPS to keep everyone up.

    Perhaps with more mages that's not a thing but running 2 Mage, 1 Lock for AOE in my group while my tank sits there looking pretty, That's the range I found works for me.
    My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP9...AlyRcyYCHA-3ew
    Due to Blizzards position on Hong Kong, money > freedom. I stopped playing.

  2. #12
    Member Ughmahedhurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North of The Wall, South of The Line
    Posts
    7113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bradster View Post
    Something I'm learning is if you intend to AOE the instance in large pulls (first time doing this kind of leveling), wait until the mobs on average are 2 levels under you. They are still yellow, however this seems to be the sweet spot where you can get away with massive pulls. If you do it same level or +2 levels I find you can run out of mana, don't do enough dps in time before they flee bringing help, or you take to great of spike of incoming DPS to keep everyone up.

    Perhaps with more mages that's not a thing but running 2 Mage, 1 Lock for AOE in my group while my tank sits there looking pretty, That's the range I found works for me.
    On mobs your level or higher the +hit/block/dodge/parry issues in classic seem to me to be much more detrimental than retail. Or at least, that's been my experience on the warriors. Spell +hit seems to be a tougher problem as my warriors just lose DPS but do not incur mana-regen downtime.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    On mobs your level or higher the +hit/block/dodge/parry issues in classic seem to me to be much more detrimental than retail. Or at least, that's been my experience on the warriors. Spell +hit seems to be a tougher problem as my warriors just lose DPS but do not incur mana-regen downtime.
    Back at launch, I took my warriors into a raid group briefly in scarlet monestry. I had 3 humans and 1 gnome. I was deeply underleveled, but we were trying to see how effective it would be anyways. My humans were all using 2h swords/maces, and when mobs were like 6 levels above me, my gnome did like 10% of the DPS that my humans did, all because of the +5 sword/mace skill I'm pretty sure.

  4. #14

    Default

    When you exit the starter zones there are a tremendous amount of kill quests and delivery quests. Duskwood for example has around 20. Dont feel you're forced to dungeon grind from 10-60, because the last time you quested that collection quest took you 1-2 hours. Skip it, there's several zones to choose from with tons of easy multiboxing friendly quests, quests solo players cant benifit from like you can. Quests like Tharil'zun in Redridge mountains that you can do at 18, is easy, and gives you a massive weapon upgrade.

  5. #15
    Member Ughmahedhurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North of The Wall, South of The Line
    Posts
    7113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleflavor View Post
    When you exit the starter zones there are a tremendous amount of kill quests and delivery quests. Duskwood for example has around 20. Dont feel you're forced to dungeon grind from 10-60, because the last time you quested that collection quest took you 1-2 hours. Skip it, there's several zones to choose from with tons of easy multiboxing friendly quests, quests solo players cant benifit from like you can. Quests like Tharil'zun in Redridge mountains that you can do at 18, is easy, and gives you a massive weapon upgrade.
    * Alliance only
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •