Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Triple Boxing

  1. #1

    Default Triple Boxing

    Hello All. Has anyone got experince with triple boxing, I don't really want to pay 5 subs 3 seems ok though.

    I was thinking Warrior, Shaman and Mage for orc or Warrior, Priest and Mage for undead.


    Any ideas?

  2. #2

    Default

    it depends on your goals / what you want to use those characters for later

    you could also do 3x the same for some fun
    5,8 boxing wow with DynamicBoxer for isboxer, give it a try!
    (was 8 Boxing Wow with HotKeyNet)
    Boxers welcome on Classic US PVP PST Servers: Whitemane Alliance and Fairbanks Horde
    Streaming on twitch.tv/MooreaTv

  3. #3

    Default

    As long as you have a tank and healer you should be able recruit DPS relatively easy for dungeons.

    What are your goals around questions like these?:

    1) For boxing in dungeons do you prefer certain play-styles and or group mixes?

    2) Can you live without Warlock utility (summoning/stones/etc) in your main party (especially if having to recruit 2 random DPS for dungeons)?

    3) Can you live without Mage utility (like water/food/portals) in your main party?

    4) What class-role(s) would you like to take as a main(s) for 40 man Raiding, if any?

    5) What class-role(s) would you like to take into smallscale &/or mass World PVP, if any?

    6) Do you plan to go for High Ranking among the 14 PVP Ranks in Phase 2 for any/all of the team?

    7) Assuming multi-boxing will not work in PVP BattleGrounds, would you have one or more main characters for BattleGrounds and if so which class-role(s)?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nodoze View Post
    As long as you have a tank and healer you should be able recruit DPS relatively easy for dungeons.

    What are your goals around questions like these?:

    1) For boxing in dungeons do you prefer certain play-styles and or group mixes?

    2) Can you live without Warlock utility (summoning/stones/etc) in your main party (especially if having to recruit 2 random DPS for dungeons)?

    3) Can you live without Mage utility (like water/food/portals) in your main party?

    4) What class-role(s) would you like to take as a main(s) for 40 man Raiding, if any?

    5) What class-role(s) would you like to take into smallscale &/or mass World PVP, if any?

    6) Do you plan to go for High Ranking among the 14 PVP Ranks in Phase 2 for any/all of the team?

    7) Assuming multi-boxing will not work in PVP BattleGrounds, would you have one or more main characters for BattleGrounds and if so which class-role(s)?
    1) Not really, I was planning to just grab two extra DPS and going. My original goal was to dual box Warrior & Shaman and grab some dps guildies.

    2) I basically wanted the survivability of the warrior, heals and buffs from shaman and dps, water/food and portals from mage.

    3) probably but it's nice to have

    4) Haven't even thought about it, I'll be playing casual exploring skilling up etc.. hence the 3 man.

    5) Going to play on a PvE server for as long as it lasts

    6) No

    7) I'll probably PvP with a mage even if I don't three man

  5. #5

    Default

    It sounds like you would main a Mage for at least BattleGrounds. Based on your goals, since it seems you are more PVE focused, I think either party should work. If you plan to mainly use the Priest/Shaman slot as a Healer then Priests are pretty compelling as, though somewhat squishy, they are probably the best all around healers in the game (though personally I am more of a fan of Shaman so a lot of it comes down to what you want/like).

    I am not sure I would go all Orc or all Undead for either party composition (especially if mainly PVE focused) unless there was a compelling reason to. Generally speaking it isn't that big of a deal (and only a 1 time up front effort) to get characters of different races together for leveling. I think the following are the recommended races for the classes you are considering:

    PVE Warrior: Orc or Troll (I like Orc much better for Warrior);
    PVE Mage: Troll;
    PVP Mage: Undead;

    PVE Shaman: Troll (for both Resto & Elemental);
    PVE Priest: Troll;
    Last edited by nodoze : 08-17-2019 at 03:34 PM

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nodoze View Post
    It sounds like you would main a Mage for at least BattleGrounds. Based on your goals I think either party should work and since it seems you are more PVE focused. If you plan to mainly use the Priest/Shaman slot as a Healer then Priests are pretty compelling as probably the best all around healers in the game (though personally I am more of a fan of Shaman so a lot of it comes down to what you want/like).

    I am not sure I would go all Orc or all Undead for either party composition (especially if mainly PVE focused) unless there was a compelling reason to. Generally speaking it isn't that big of a deal to get characters of different races together for leveling. I think the following are the recommended races:

    PVE Warrior: Orc or Troll (I like Orc better for Warrior);
    PVE Mage: Troll;
    PVP Mage: Undead;

    PVE Shaman: Troll (for both Resto & Elemental);
    PVE Priest: Troll;
    Thanks for the advice I've rolled them as follows

    Warrior - Orc
    Mage - Troll
    Shaman - Troll

    I think it's a nice combo for me

  7. #7

    Default

    I know that everyone says that trolls make the best pve mages and shamans, but I can't stand the troll model and I'm happy to sacrifice a tiny bit of dps to roll the model I would much prefer (please don't hurt me min/maxers)

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stubbadub3000 View Post
    I know that everyone says that trolls make the best pve mages and shamans, but I can't stand the troll model and I'm happy to sacrifice a tiny bit of dps to roll the model I would much prefer (please don't hurt me min/maxers)
    Totally understand. I am still not 100% sure I will like Dwarf Paladin(s) over my original Human Paladins even though I think Dwarf is significantly better for PVP focused Healing Paladins. At this point I am RPing in my head that my Paladin is returning from retirement after his OG Vanilla days with literally grey hair and beard and a beer gut (ale gut) because he is married and has 3 Warrior children (all Human) who are the next generation he is taking out to train. If I was on a RP-PVP server maybe my 2nd Paladin would be a Female Human who is his wife and who has aged better...

    Last edited by nodoze : 08-19-2019 at 07:56 AM

  9. #9

    Default

    Do you guys reckon it is possible to clear dungeons with a 3-box?

  10. #10
    Member Ughmahedhurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North of The Wall, South of The Line
    Posts
    7068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skybar View Post
    Do you guys reckon it is possible to clear dungeons with a 3-box?
    While you can still get XP? Maybe. With a lot of mechanic cheesing (kiting, terrain exploits, etc.). At level and with level-appropriate gear? Highly unlikely.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •