Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Default All stealth 5 man team

    Druid tank and healer, with 3 rogues. Is this even possible. Do you think dungeons can be done?

    I can just imagine how fun Wpvp could be tho.

    Has anybody heard of or even tried this?

  2. #2

    Default

    Afaik multiboxing doesn't work in PvP as the /follow command is disabled. I could be wrong though.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffScott View Post
    Afaik multiboxing doesn't work in PvP as the /follow command is disabled. I could be wrong though.
    My understanding was that multiboxing was possible in World PVP but not in BattleGround Instances.

  4. #4

    Default

    /follow works fine in open world PvP in classic (in current BfA retail /follow stops when your in combat with another player and for around 10 second after - but you can still IWT spam melee based toons etc).

    /follow does not work in Battlegrounds and so they are very difficult to box in.

    (Of note, 'm sure /follow did work in BG's in 1.12!).

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrdsp View Post
    /follow works fine in open world PvP in classic (in current BfA retail /follow stops when your in combat with another player and for around 10 second after - but you can still IWT spam melee based toons etc).

    /follow does not work in Battlegrounds and so they are very difficult to box in.

    (Of note, 'm sure /follow did work in BG's in 1.12!).
    A melee group should work in World PVP for at least classic Launch. If I recall correctly follow did work in BGs until well after 1.12 (I remember getting focused fired by a Shaman group in AV). Even if they later break /follow when combat starts with another player an all stealth group should at least be able to have some epic ganks as you can control when you start combat easier. You would have /follow while in stealth setting up for the gank and then IWT until everything is down.

    That being said I think parties made up of mainly Shamans are the least risky combo for World PVP between being fairly armored/tanky and having both Chain Lighting and Chain heals... Locks are also pretty tanky & have fears and can do lots of damage on multiple enemies (assuming all their dots stack). Both party compositions wouldn't need to move as much for survivabiliy as some other combos. Unfortunately neither are much of an option for me as both my brother as I like to main a Paladin and he likes to main a melee (in Vanilla he mainly played Retribution Paladin with some Prot mixed in).
    Last edited by nodoze : 08-12-2019 at 10:42 AM

  6. #6

    Default

    I was thinking of the same comp for doing dungeons & leveling up. My main is a rogue, so if I was going to do all melee for the ease of gameplay, then perhaps I should go all stealth for the utility of it.

    I'm wondering if anyone has experience stealthing through vanilla dungeons -- I didn't start multiboxing until BC. Is it possible to stealth to emperor in BRD? I would love to farm Ironfoe for my main without risk of losing a roll when it finally drops, and being to kill him more often per hour is very appealing.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zipzip View Post
    I was thinking of the same comp for doing dungeons & leveling up. My main is a rogue, so if I was going to do all melee for the ease of gameplay, then perhaps I should go all stealth for the utility of it.

    I'm wondering if anyone has experience stealthing through vanilla dungeons -- I didn't start multiboxing until BC. Is it possible to stealth to emperor in BRD? I would love to farm Ironfoe for my main without risk of losing a roll when it finally drops, and being to kill him more often per hour is very appealing.
    Initially I was considering Paladin+Druid group and then having some rogue alts on the Paladin accounts to swap in for an all stealth WPVP option until I remembered how Warrior+Paladin is the most effective duo in BattleGrounds & World PVP and then read Apatheist's input on why he was going 3 Warriors+2 Paladins (and that both Druid and Paladin DPS were anemic). That left me torn as I really wanted to have a Druid FC for WSG and to be able join in a non-multiboxed stealth group in both BGs and World PVP... Once I understood that swapping a Druid in could still give me decent dungeon clears with minimal drinking I was sold on 1 Druid+2 Warriors+2 Paladins for my goals... In BGs I couldn't use multiple stealthers anyway and in WPVP from a stealth perspective I will just focus initially on being a stealth party/raid healer. Later maybe I will add an all stealth group if I decide that is my focus but more likely I will be focusing on Paladin+Warrior in BGs when duo and Paladin or Druid when solo in BGs...

    If I recall correctly I tried asking the same questions you posted in multiple threads awhile back and never got any clear answers... My research back then indicated that a Melee Cleave group can maybe use a shortcut or efficent path to get to Ironfoe (or that it wasn't too bad regardless for a melee cleave group) such that it wasn't too bad for Ironfoe farming and more optimal for full clears there an everywhere else. My concerns with an all Stealth group was that you would hit lock-out timers anyways and that it would be frustrating having a more squishy group that only has battle rezes or engineering jumper cables...
    Last edited by nodoze : 08-12-2019 at 01:39 PM

  8. #8

    Default

    I dunno my head is spinning with anticipation from all the possibilities. I'm Getting so excited for classic, and the more information out there the better

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mmrwowboxer View Post
    I dunno my head is spinning with anticipation from all the possibilities. I'm Getting so excited for classic, and the more information out there the better

    I cannot decide on if I'll roll pve or pvp (mainly due to the streamer headache going on), if I did pvp I'd roll either 5 rogues and just world grind or 5 shamans.

    5 shamans can run any instance on their own, but you do lose the ability to stealth.

  10. #10
    Member Ughmahedhurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North of The Wall, South of The Line
    Posts
    7027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fenerous View Post
    5 shamans can run any instance on their own, but you do lose the ability to stealth.
    * caveat: "once you get enough gear and depending on the encounter." I don't know if anyone did 5x shammies in vanilla. Several folks did in BC but I'm pretty sure that was after the talent redesign.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •