Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Pet Classes

  1. #1

    Default Pet Classes

    I started my boxing up in tbc and went with a trinity team, but in later expacs used pet teams to tank.. is this possible in Classic?

    Could I have all pets with a healer?

  2. #2

    Default

    My understanding is that due to a lack of /focus it is hard to be optimal with pet classes. I do have some 4+ pet teams (4 Warlocks+Priest) that I plan to take to 35+ but haven't focused on them yet. edit: pun not intended...
    Last edited by nodoze : 08-28-2019 at 07:40 AM

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nodoze View Post
    My understanding is that due to a lack of /focus it is hard to be optimal with pet classes. I do have some 4+ pet teams (4 Warlocks+Priest) that I plan to take to 35+ but haven't focused on them yet. edit: pun not intended...
    I was thinking about this some the other day and it occurred to me you could get around this by using your primary target to control pets/CC and targeting DPS via macros.

    /cast [@party1target] Shadow Bolt
    This way you can retain your warlock targets while still "assisting" your current window. Not ideal as changing your group order or joining a raid will break it but it should work well enough for farming dungeons.

  4. #4

    Default

    Thanks for the replies

    Do you think the Lock pets could tank dungeons, or would Hunters be better?

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    Thanks for the replies

    Do you think the Lock pets could tank dungeons, or would Hunters be better?
    A properly spec'd hunter pet should be tankier than a voidwalker and have higher DPS/TPS. However, warlocks are much stronger picks for boxing IMO.

    The only thing that would prevent you from being able to clear dungeons is if the threat value on torment/growl is too low to keep agro on the pet. I know it worked on "unofficial" servers but we won't know whether those threat values were accurate until somebody tests it on classic. Put your first 8 talent points into demonology for improved voidwalker and give it a try.
    Last edited by Apatheist : 08-28-2019 at 04:42 PM

  6. #6

    Default

    I went with 4 Nelf Hunters with a Druid healer.. this will either be amazing or my biggest mistake lol!

    I have a 5 man Undead Warlock farm team on Horde side
    Last edited by Andreauk : 08-30-2019 at 04:26 AM

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    I went with 4 Nelf Hunters with a Druid healer.. this will either be amazing or my biggest mistake lol!

    I will do Locks with a Priest healer next
    Tame one of the owls in the night elf starting area and hang on to it. Owls have solid tanking stats and can train screech which is a great AE threat generator for keeping mobs off your healer.

  8. #8
    Member Ughmahedhurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North of The Wall, South of The Line
    Posts
    7062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    Tame one of the owls in the night elf starting area and hang on to it. Owls have solid tanking stats and can train screech which is a great AE threat generator for keeping mobs off your healer.
    1000x this. As horde I'm so jealous. :P
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    Tame one of the owls in the night elf starting area and hang on to it. Owls have solid tanking stats and can train screech which is a great AE threat generator for keeping mobs off your healer.
    Thanks for the tip I will do that

    Any ideas for the other pets? I did see a couple of vids of a Kitty tanking Onyxia for a while..

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkiDtWl3Q6A

  10. #10

    Default

    Bat from Zul Gurub, might be nerfed at this point of classic, but they moved at like sprint speed as default.

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •