Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default Starting a 10-box team. How to level?

As title, I'm gonna start to multibox 10 characters. I read that you can't complete quests when in a raid group, so how would the leveling work?

Thanks.

Wow you are brave! 50 pumpkins was my limit haha

Quote Originally Posted by Hiddenbrom View Post
    As title, I'm gonna start to multibox 10 characters. I read that you can't complete quests when in a raid group, so how would the leveling work?

Thanks.
    fed ex till dungeons. Lower level dungeons have a 10 man cap. So technically you could level up to 60 in dungeons. The lvl 60 dungeons are capped at 5 i believe except brs.
    Last edited by Fat Tire : 08-30-2019 at 10:37 AM

So should I complete quests with 2 different sets of 5 characters, and then group up all 10 for dungeons? Because I read that quests can't be completed in a raid group so I don't see how I could follow Fed ex guide without splitting.

So should I complete quests with 2 different sets of 5 characters, and then group up all 10 for dungeons? Because I read that quests can't be completed in a raid group so I don't see how I could follow Fed ex guide without splitting.
    I converted my party to raid to helps someone with a world mini-boss and then forgot to switch it back to party after that person left... Even when I am in a party I have it set to display like raid frames so it was difficult to notice that I was actually not in a party...

That resulting in me doing about half of the FexEx stuff in Raid and most of it was completeable just fine as a raid. There were a few quests where I could not click on a item in the world and I was racking my brain trying to figure out what step I missed (while watching several random solo characters come up and interact fine and continue on that quest)...

I wasted a ton of time trying to figure it out by reading on the forums and wowhead and even abandoned the quest and retried to no avail, etc... I finally ended up just leaving that quest un-complete and going on... Later after completing many I hit another quest like that and again wasted some time but just moved on to not waste as much as the first time...

Then did a bunch more quests with no issues and hit a third and I think a comment on WoWHead said something about that quest not being progressable in a Raid... I then had a V8 and converted the Raid back to Party and immediately completed that 3rd quest... Then I went back to my previous zones and completed the other 2...

So bottom line is that many quests were just fine as a raid and it seemed to be the exception rather than the rule that raids stopped completion/progress. For the ones that weren't you could drop raid briefly and complete and rejoin.

If you are running EMA-Classic & Dynamic Boxer it just one click to disband and 1 click to reinvite.

I would try the 10 together first and see how it goes for you...

Quote Originally Posted by nodoze View Post
    I converted my party to raid to helps someone with a world mini-boss and then forgot to switch it back to party after that person left... Even when I am in a party I have it set to display like raid frames so it was difficult to notice that I was actually not in a party...

That resulting in me doing about half of the FexEx stuff in Raid and most of it was completeable just fine as a raid. There were a few quests where I could not click on a item in the world and I was racking my brain trying to figure out what step I missed (while watching several random solo characters come up and interact fine and continue on that quest)...

I wasted a ton of time trying to figure it out by reading on the forums and wowhead and even abandoned the quest and retried to no avail, etc... I finally ended up just leaving that quest un-complete and going on... Later after completing many I hit another quest like that and again wasted some time but just moved on to not waste as much as the first time...

Then did a bunch more quests with no issues and hit a third and I think a comment on WoWHead said something about that quest not being progressable in a Raid... I then had a V8 and converted the Raid back to Party and immediately completed that 3rd quest... Then I went back to my previous zones and completed the other 2...

So bottom line is that many quests were just fine as a raid and it seemed to be the exception rather than the rule that raids stopped completion/progress. For the ones that weren't you could drop raid briefly and complete and rejoin.

If you are running EMA-Classic & Dynamic Boxer it just one click to disband and 1 click to reinvite.

I would try the 10 together first and see how it goes for you...

Mmmh that's really helpful.. I wonder why some of the quests work in raid mode and some don't. To level 10 toons at once (and even 5) I guess it's mandatory to skip all the collecting quests as these are too time consuming. I wonder how is EXP for 10 toons in dungeons, and if it's doable to level only with that..

Mmmh that's really helpful.. I wonder why some of the quests work in raid mode and some don't. To level 10 toons at once (and even 5) I guess it's mandatory to skip all the collecting quests as these are too time consuming. I wonder how is EXP for 10 toons in dungeons, and if it's doable to level only with that..
    Thanks... If I understand the following thread the XP of larger groups is good... That being said I am tired and I didn't really study the thread not the linked spreadsheet:

https://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/...-for-sizes-1-8

Any questions/concerns maybe ask in that thread...

If you need help with the FedEx approach I would use the following discussion:

https://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/...dex#post421255

Definitely download the JSON & upload it to the vanilla-questing.me site as it maps everything out for you... Only use the spreadsheet as a backup reference.
    Last edited by nodoze : 08-30-2019 at 02:19 PM

If tag on mobs share within a party:

Play from main character.
    1 mousebutton / key = toons in group 1 assists and attack.
    2 mousebutton / key = toons in group 2 assists and attack.

Finish quest on group 2 first, then on group 1 (your main character very last, so you can track "shining objects" / quest requirements).

Rinse and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by WOWBOX40 View Post
    If tag on mobs share within a party:

Play from main character.
    1 mousebutton / key = toons in group 1 assists and attack.
    2 mousebutton / key = toons in group 2 assists and attack.

Finish quest on group 2 first, then on group 1 (your main character very last, so you can track "shining objects" / quest requirements).

Rinse and repeat.
    Nice, didn't think about this. Smart.
    This way we can level 10 toons together without even having to get them in a raid group.

Is it possible to make slaves follow\assist a characters that is in another party?

EDIT: Yes, totally possible. Just tested it.

Looks like leveling 10 toons will not be as hard as I initially thought.
    Last edited by Hiddenbrom : 08-30-2019 at 03:30 PM

I wonder how is EXP for 10 toons in dungeons, and if it's doable to level only with that..
    Kill XP data (even out in the world)
    https://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/...-for-sizes-1-8
    5,8 boxing wow with DynamicBoxer for isboxer, give it a try!
    (was 8 Boxing Wow with HotKeyNet)
    Boxers welcome on Classic US PVP PST Servers: Whitemane Alliance and Fairbanks Horde
    Streaming on twitch.tv/MooreaTv