Close
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 41
  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dalo199 View Post
    I talked a bit about it here..

    https://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/...l=1#post420588

    Warrior is the best tank in vanilla by quite a large margin overall in my opinion... yes you can do some funky stuff with the AOE from a pally but when content gets harder (level 60 instances) the ability to AOE dungeon packs starts to reduce and its more of a CC pull situation I've found

    The Priest vs Pally healer might be personal preference but I'm rocking a pally healer on the private server at the moment and the lack of AOE heals and a HOT/PWS annoy me.. Shackle is also much better than fear undead when running strat/scholo... the buffs from Pallys are better but Fort/ShadowResistance is still very good and you don't have to reapply it to 5 ppl every 15 mins

    If you run a Pally just to have a non cloth healer you have to release all that Holy Pally will end up in a ton of cloth +heal gear anyway and still want all the same spell dmg trinkets, rings and neck as the mages

    I'm getting pretty bored on the private server now I just want Classic WoW (don't we all).. I might respec the Pally to Prot and the Druid to Resto and do a couple more runs just to get a bit more info.. I have tried a prot pally in Vanilla before and found it so lacking and also watched a tonne of youtube videos on Prot Pally's... ill use some of that info and try it out again

    Oh and I also plan on rolling Horde which eliminates Pally for me anyway

    Hope that answers your questions
    I've been reading your comments and they're really helpful and was hoping you could help a bit more. I'm going in at the deep end and trying this as soon as classic hits, I'm fine to not rush to 60. My issue is time-wise I can't afford to wait around for dungeon groups and want a mage/druid at 60 so I thought i'd multibox it.

    So now I'm thinking of running 1 Druid (Feral), 1 priest (Heal) and 3x mages (or 2 mages/1 Lock). Have you got any advice on what to avoid/not do? Is a feral druid that much worse for dungeon leveling?

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffScott View Post
    So now I'm thinking of running 1 Druid (Feral), 1 priest (Heal) and 3x mages (or 2 mages/1 Lock). Have you got any advice on what to avoid/not do? Is a feral druid that much worse for dungeon leveling?
    If you want certain classes for max level, I don't think you can really go wrong including them in a 5-man in (any of) the roles they have talent specs for.

    The above assumes you'll run dungeons like I plan to: do standard pulls as if it was 5 players in a PUG. That means pulling single packs at a time and using max CC. I don't plan to break any speed records, but I greatly enjoy 5-mans and am looking forward to playing WOW like an RTS, controlling all 5 characters. I played this game thousands of hours already so need some novelty and added complexity.

    (And, as far as speed, it will still be faster than leveling two characters solo, probably at least 30% faster.)

    I'm sure I'll try to push the limits once I get comfortable. (First no-CC, then multi-pack or chain pulls, and eventually mass-AOE.) However, I'm planning for, and will be content with, a much more conservative approach.

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanser84 View Post
    If you want certain classes for max level, I don't think you can really go wrong including them in a 5-man in (any of) the roles they have talent specs for.

    The above assumes you'll run dungeons like I plan to: do standard pulls as if it was 5 players in a PUG. That means pulling single packs at a time and using max CC. I don't plan to break any speed records, but I greatly enjoy 5-mans and am looking forward to playing WOW like an RTS, controlling all 5 characters. I played this game thousands of hours already so need some novelty and added complexity.

    (And, as far as speed, it will still be faster than leveling two characters solo, probably at least 30% faster.)

    I'm sure I'll try to push the limits once I get comfortable. (First no-CC, then multi-pack or chain pulls, and eventually mass-AOE.) However, I'm planning for, and will be content with, a much more conservative approach.
    That's encouraging to hear. I also had the idea of treating it like an RTS where I have to manage a lot of resource. I'm flip-flopping between the idea of warlock/druid leveling with quests vs 5 man dungeon of Druid/Mage/Mage/Lock/Priest. I'm loading up retail tonight to run 4 trial accounts through RFC to get an idea of how hard it will be.

  4. #24

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hksix View Post
    Here is a short clip from the most recent stress test

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABMd...ature=youtu.be
    Are you using battle shout for threat here? I can't see it on your buffs but you're keeping threat off your healer somehow.

    Last I heard battle shout threat wasn't working. Great news if it's fixed.

  6. #26

    Default

    I only used bloodrage in that clip. The nice thing about pally healers is their heals do 50% less threat than other healers. I'm unsure if battle shout is doing the correct amount of threat but it definitely was doing threat

  7. #27

    Default

    I jumped into RFC today at 12 which I thought was do-able at that level with 1warr1priest3mage, but coming up to the 3man trogg groups I simply ran out of mana on mages, it took close to 50% of mana to kill a single mob.
    I might need to revise the idea of doing dungeons from level 12, I did all the easy quests in barrens ( no loot quests ), maybe I need to be 14 or so before hitting RFC.

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quiding View Post
    I jumped into RFC today at 12 which I thought was do-able at that level with 1warr1priest3mage, but coming up to the 3man trogg groups I simply ran out of mana on mages, it took close to 50% of mana to kill a single mob.
    I might need to revise the idea of doing dungeons from level 12, I did all the easy quests in barrens ( no loot quests ), maybe I need to be 14 or so before hitting RFC.
    How was your healer mana? Could you simply use wands for the last mob or two?
    Classic - Pyrewood Village, Horde, EU

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzyboy View Post
    How was your healer mana? Could you simply use wands for the last mob or two?
    I only got the gear from the quests, so 0 wands, healer is just standing doing nothing but healing so no problem there.
    If I had wands I suppose, but buying x4 wands at launch, not sure about that.

    EDIT: Just bought some wands, can't figure out how to put it into rotation without it breaking everything
    /cast [nochanneling] !Shoot doesnt seem to work, nor does simply /cast !Shoot because it'll try to click Frostbolt and break shoot
    EDIT2: Removed Fireblast seems to have solved it lol
    Last edited by Quiding : 08-10-2019 at 10:08 AM

  10. #30

    Default

    Well I just did RFC again at 14 with Arcane Explosion, completely different story.
    Could pull up to 5 mobs and deal with them with priest shielding mages and warrior swapping target to sunder as many as possible, very doable.

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •