Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Newb GSE question

    I have 2 questions I was hoping someone could answer for me. I use GSE on all my characters for their rotations and it works great. I am trying to take it to the next level and add in special abilities.

    1) This question is regarding single character testing. I cannot seem to get the Memory of Lucid dreams to fire. I can get the Summon Infernal to fire but not both. The strange thing is I can add the same macro to the 2 key and then Memory of the Lucid Dreams works with the same macro. I hit 1 and then 2 and both will work. Why does is this not working from the same key?

    Code:
    [KeyPress]
    /targetenemy [noharm][dead]
    /cast [nomod,nopet:Voidwalker] Summon Voidwalker
    /petattack
    /cast [mod:alt,nochanneling,@cursor] Summon Infernal
    /cast [mod:ctrl,nochanneling] Memory of Lucid Dreams
    2) Do modifier keys work with GSE across other characters? I spam my rotation macro but if any of the other characters have modifier abilities nothing happens when holding down the key. For example if I am driving on my tank and I hold down alt to have my Warlock summon an infernal my guys stop casting. Do modifier keys not work across characters?

    Thanks.
    Last edited by notta3d : 07-07-2019 at 09:36 PM

  2. #2

    Default

    If you are using ISBoxer then yes you have to send modifier keys explicitly.

    I don't know how GSE binds your macro internally, are you pressing a key or clicking an icon to get your macro to run?

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizeowel View Post
    If you are using ISBoxer then yes you have to send modifier keys explicitly.

    I don't know how GSE binds your macro internally, are you pressing a key or clicking an icon to get your macro to run?
    I have a single GSE macro that has my complete rotation for each character on action bar slot 1. I just spam the 1 key and it goes through the rotation. Works very well except for the modifiers of course I don't use Isboxer for rotations.

    go into your keybindings and unbind all Ctrl+ numbers. By default they are the pet bar.

    As Wizeowel said, you need to make binds for all combos you want to register on the slots.

    I do it like this for example. https://i.imgur.com/Y2ofWcM.png

    I virtualise E alot so it gets that added layer. shift,ctrl,alt all get their own broadcast.
    Yea unfortunately I checked that and no bars have any key binding conflicts that should cause a problem. All characters stop doing anything when holding down a modifier from the main character.

    I have not looked into utilizing Isboxer for rotations because GSE has just always worked. I have to admit if I get too many keys I get all confused with what key is what across all toons but with GSE I just spam the one key and I'm good.

    I have to look into utilizing Isboxer's mapped key functionality because I would like to take it to the next step.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by notta3d View Post
    Yea unfortunately I checked that and no bars have any key binding conflicts that should cause a problem. All characters stop doing anything when holding down a modifier from the main character.

    I have not looked into utilizing Isboxer for rotations because GSE has just always worked. I have to admit if I get too many keys I get all confused with what key is what across all toons but with GSE I just spam the one key and I'm good.

    I have to look into utilizing Isboxer's mapped key functionality because I would like to take it to the next step.
    if your GSE is on 1
    Do you have mapped keys for shift+1, ctrl+1 and alt+1 ?

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberie View Post
    if your GSE is on 1
    Do you have mapped keys for shift+1, ctrl+1 and alt+1 ?
    I don't. I have verified it on all 5 characters.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by notta3d View Post
    I don't. I have verified it on all 5 characters.
    So that's what my picture is showing you, for each modifier you want to use, you have to send it as it's own mapped key.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by notta3d View Post
    I have 2 questions I was hoping someone could answer for me. I use GSE on all my characters for their rotations and it works great. I am trying to take it to the next level and add in special abilities.

    1) This question is regarding single character testing. I cannot seem to get the Memory of Lucid dreams to fire. I can get the Summon Infernal to fire but not both. The strange thing is I can add the same macro to the 2 key and then Memory of the Lucid Dreams works with the same macro. I hit 1 and then 2 and both will work. Why does is this not working from the same key?

    Code:
    [KeyPress]
    /targetenemy [noharm][dead]
    /cast [nomod,nopet:Voidwalker] Summon Voidwalker
    /petattack
    /cast [mod:alt,nochanneling,@cursor] Summon Infernal
    /cast [mod:ctrl,nochanneling] Memory of Lucid Dreams
    2) Do modifier keys work with GSE across other characters? I spam my rotation macro but if any of the other characters have modifier abilities nothing happens when holding down the key. For example if I am driving on my tank and I hold down alt to have my Warlock summon an infernal my guys stop casting. Do modifier keys not work across characters?

    Thanks.
    go into your keybindings and unbind all Ctrl+ numbers. By default they are the pet bar.

    As Wizeowel said, you need to make binds for all combos you want to register on the slots.

    I do it like this for example. https://i.imgur.com/Y2ofWcM.png

    I virtualise E alot so it gets that added layer. shift,ctrl,alt all get their own broadcast.
    Last edited by Jabberie : 07-08-2019 at 10:28 AM

  8. #8

    Default

    he is telling you (I believe) that if you want ctrl-1 to arrive at your client you have to declare it in isboxer as a key you want to send, by default it sends only 1 through = to all windows
    5 boxing wow with DynamicBoxer for isboxer, give it a try!
    (was 8 Boxing Wow with HotKeyNet)
    Boxers welcome on <Beast> US Pvp Horde Kil'Jaeden
    Streaming on twitch.tv/MooreaTv

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •