Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 25

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Tips and tricks for multi-boxer leveling

    Hey, I would like to open discussion on the best way to level as a multi-boxing, particularly during the swarm that will be the first few weeks of launch.

    I would like to get my first 3-box team up quickly to get my main into raiding asap.

    I think that grinding might be the most efficient way to level, especially in an out of the way place (if that even exists).

    What are people's thoughts on this? Can anyone recommend a good grinding guide?

  2. #2

    Default

    During the launch craze I think our best bet as 5-boxers are instances. As 2-boxer, one might be able to just follow a questing guide. As 3-4 boxer I'm not sure - with the current respawn timers I would be surprised if you could consistently grind your way up, unless you are either a good bit ahead of the crowd or starting a couple of weeks after.

    Personally I'll be playing very early in the morning (probably around 3-4 AM) until I'm high enough level to do RFC, then instances and dungeon quests until 60 - I'll be 5-boxing though.
    Classic - Pyrewood Village, Horde, EU

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzyboy View Post
    Personally I'll be playing very early in the morning (probably around 3-4 AM) until I'm high enough level to do RFC, then instances and dungeon quests until 60 - I'll be 5-boxing though.
    Will you multibox a mixed class team with Tank | 3 DPS | Heal ?

    Cause i had kinda the same plan but with a single class 5man team. Just not quite sure if i will be able to farm dungeons reliably.

    Depending on how it will go at launch for the first few lvl's i'm not sure what i will do. The starting zones will be overrun i guess, regardless which race. But i think i will do all the kill quests available and apart from that stick to grinding.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrel90 View Post
    Will you multibox a mixed class team with Tank | 3 DPS | Heal ?
    Yes - I'm not sure whether I'll end up going horde or alliance.

    If horde: Warrior + Priest + Warlock + 2 x Mage

    If alliance: Warrior + Paladin + Warlock + 2 x Mage

    Paladin is only because they're good at powerlevelling and I tend to do a lot of teams :-)
    Classic - Pyrewood Village, Horde, EU

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stubbadub3000 View Post
    I would like to get my first 3-box team up quickly to get my main into raiding asap.
    Depends what classes you're 3boxing. With something like druid, warrior, priest you could probably manage to 3man most leveling dungeons. If your main is a caster you might have a rough time since the caster will go OOM often as the only DPS and casters just lack DPS in general compared to warriors with cleave and whirlwind. Grinding non elite world mobs won't be very good XP with 3 characters. Questing might be your best bet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrel90 View Post
    Cause i had kinda the same plan but with a single class 5man team. Just not quite sure if i will be able to farm dungeons reliably
    Some classes could probably manage dungeons as a single class team. Shamans, paladins and druids seem like the obvious choices. Anything fairly tanky that can heal would work.

    I don't see any advantage to boxing a single class team in vanilla though. You miss out on a bunch of buffs and utility for no real gain. You also end up with one class leveled which limits your raiding options. A balanced group with a healer or two plus some ranged DPS increases your chances of being a viable addition to any 40man.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    I don't see any advantage to boxing a single class team in vanilla though. You miss out on a bunch of buffs and utility for no real gain. You also end up with one class leveled which limits your raiding options. A balanced group with a healer or two plus some ranged DPS increases your chances of being a viable addition to any 40man.
    Definitly true. But tbh i would have just made this team for fun anyway. Something like 5 warlocks. 10 dot's on an enemy with 2 globals sounded like a fun thing to do.

    But maybe i will level a mixed setup first and switch to a single class setup later for fun stuff. Maybe some WPvP or something.

    Would have to look into it more tho. not that experienced yet with multiboxing. I started in Legion and tried different things. I ended up doing mostly single class setups for farming and stuff like that.
    Last edited by Lyrel90 : 06-03-2019 at 10:09 AM

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrel90 View Post
    Definitly true. But tbh i would have just made this team for fun anyway. Something like 5 warlocks. 10 dot's on an enemy with 2 globals sounded like a fun thing to do..
    If you like that style of play then one priest, 4 warlocks is actually a solid group for both PvP and PvE.

    Managing a priest with your 4 warlocks takes only a little more effort and the addition of a healer makes your team significantly stronger.

    The only issue they've removed the focus frame from classic. I've always relied on focus for managing pet targets and we're not sure yet if there will be a way to create similar functionality via addons.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrel90 View Post
    Would have to look into it more tho. not that experienced yet with multiboxing. I started in Legion and tried different things. I ended up doing mostly single class setups for farming and stuff like that.
    I too just single class box now. But watching beta gameplay of classic, the gameplay seems a lot slower then modern wow and managing multiple classes could be easier because of this.

    Macros like /castsequence working in classic make multiple classes easy too and you just make one-button rotation macros
    Last edited by stubbadub3000 : 06-03-2019 at 07:43 PM

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stubbadub3000 View Post
    just make one-button rotation macros
    Kind of a moot point since most classes have one button rotations in classic anyway. Mage rotation is literally just spamming frostbolt. Warlock rotation is literally just spamming shadowbolt.

    Quote Originally Posted by stubbadub3000 View Post
    I should just level my raid toon (mage) to begin with.
    Mage is probably the fastest leveling class in the game if you know how to AE grind efficiently. It's pretty hard to beat.

    Boxing will definitely slow down your leveling speed either way. Most of us that box regularly don't do it because it's faster, we just enjoy it.
    Last edited by Apatheist : 06-03-2019 at 03:35 PM

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    Warlock rotation is literally just spamming shadowbolt.
    Don't you typically try to work in a Corruption per target then include the Warlock's shadowbolt with the same button that activates Mage's frostbolt? I am new to this and have been toying with tank/healer/2 mage/1 warlock

    I am not sure if leveling the tank/healer on their own then doing the warlock/mages would be faster or not then just having them get together as a 5man at the first dungeon.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •