Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Showing results 21 to 25 of 25
  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by philadelphe View Post
    Thx for your answer. What about the lack of decurse and dispel in 5man dungeons ?
    I think i can run about everything without it but i'm not sure.
    Shamans can remove fear, charm, sleep, poison and disease which are some of the more serious debuffs. Magic debuffs don't have a huge impact, they tend to just be damage over time effects. I can think of a couple of mobs that polymorph or frost nova which is annoying but won't prevent you from finishing any dungeon. Curses tend to last a long time and can reduce attack power/speed but again won't prevent you from completing dungeons. If you come across a curse you find too obnoxious you can always keep a few restorative potions in your bags.

    Trade skills are far more impactful in vanilla than any other version of the game. Limited invulnerability potion lets you AE taunt and then pot, forcing everything to attack you for 6 seconds while you're immune to all damage. Oil of immolation (alchemy) combined with dragonbreath chili (cooking) and goblin sapper charges (engineering) on all of your characters will do huge AE damage. Gift of Arthas (alchemy) causes everything that hits you to take slightly more damage from all attacks. Gnomish battle chicken trinket (engineering) has a buff that increases melee attack speed of your whole party for several minutes.

    Will need to figure out a system for managing potions and engineering gadgets for sure. There are a ton and they're too powerful not to use in vanilla.

  2. #22

    Default

    Thanks for that advice. Been away struggling with python and had to stay away from the addiction. So with this setup I could drop a warrior, so another player coukd join and drive with a paladin. Is a druid an option for storming to a named, dying but saving the druid with shadowm ld to rez bakc, or is that too much if an ep loss?

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lewsifur View Post
    ... Is a druid an option for storming to a named, dying but saving the druid with shadowm ld to rez bakc, or is that too much if an ep loss?
    Sorry I don't understand what you are saying. Maybe auto spell check or lack of spell check garbled your post.

    Can you please re-post with no abbreviations and/or more detail as to the approach?

  4. #24
    Multiboxologist MiRai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Winter Is Coming
    Posts
    6436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nodoze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewsifur View Post
    ... Is a druid an option for storming to a named, dying but saving the druid with shadowm ld to rez bakc, or is that too much if an ep loss?
    Sorry I don't understand what you are saying. Maybe auto spell check or lack of spell check garbled your post.

    Can you please re-post with no abbreviations and/or more detail as to the approach?
    It sounds like they're asking if it's viable to run to an area with a bunch of aggro and use Shadowmeld to drop it, similar to what people do today in Mythics, to which the answer is "no," because, in Classic, Shadowmeld doesn't work in combat.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

    Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    It sounds like they're asking if it's viable to run to an area with a bunch of aggro and use Shadowmeld to drop it, similar to what people do today in Mythics, to which the answer is "no," because, in Classic, Shadowmeld doesn't work in combat.
    OK. The best options I can think of off the top of my head for most classes would be to have the party storm to where they need to and then die and use soul stones to at least get a rezzer back who could rez the party or have a Paladin do a Divine Intervention on a rezzer.

    A Hunter could Feign Death and if I recall correctly a Night Elf Hunter can actually somewhat use ShadowMeld in PVP combat by first Feigning Death and then ShadowMelding. I remember doing this periodically in BattleGrounds where I could Feign Death and then the enemy couldn't target my "dead body" because I Shadowmelded and they would have to come close & AoE to get me. Sometimes it seemed like in the heat of group battles people may have assumed I died and then quickly released... There may also be some options with Disengage, Freezing Trap, and ShadowMelding but I can't remember for sure...
    Last edited by nodoze : 06-10-2019 at 04:54 PM

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •