Close
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 50
  1. #11

    Default

    Paladins are excellent healers in both PvP and PvE in classic. It's not the healing that's the problem, it's the damage. A paladin will do around 1/3 of the damage of an equivalently geared warrior on a single target. On trash where you can cleave and whirlwind the gap is even worse.

    This is the fury/prot build I use for leveling https://classicdb.ch/?talent#LZVVzA0xoVoxfzox

    You sit in defensive stance and basically spam sunder, revenge and blooodthirst with a 2H weapon, or switch to 1H/Shield if you feel like you're taking too much damage. You'll do twice as much damage as an equal level mage.

    When you get high enough to start running Scarlet Monastery, pick up a Ravager on each of your warriors. It has a good proc chance -- once or twice per pull at least. Your cleave damage will beincredible all the way to 60. You can pull 2-3 packs of mobs at once and mow them down once you get a full set of plate armor. Paladins keep blessing of light/kings on your warriors and just spam flash of light for days. Don't go for healing power/spell power on paladins except on the weapon. Just stack as much intellect as you can find.

    Added benefit, you only have to buy water for your 2 paladins. Much more affordable.

    I've done this with a single warrior/paladin and it works really well. The warrior was out DPSing my casters consistently from 20-60 while tanking. 3-4 Warriors with IWT would be ridiculous.
    Last edited by Apatheist : 04-26-2019 at 10:03 AM

  2. #12
    Rated Arena Member Kruschpakx4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Innsbruck
    Posts
    1257

    Default

    also if you run 5 mana classes that aren't warlocks and you dont bring a mage its gonna be annoying af. Either you passiv reg after every dungeon trash pack which is a huge waste of time or you constantly gotta ask a mage for water. If you buy water from vendor and farm dungeons you will drain roughly as much gold as you get.

    Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    When you get high enough to start running Scarlet Monastery, pick up a Ravager on each of your warriors. It has a good proc chance -- once or twice per pull at least. Your cleave damage will beincredible all the way to 60. You can pull 2-3 packs of mobs at once and mow them down once you get a full set of plate armor. Paladins keep blessing of light/kings on your warriors and just spam flash of light for days. Don't go for healing power/spell power on paladins except on the weapon. Just stack as much intellect as you can find.

    from what I've read in comments ravager bladestorm cancels if you press an ability which could get annyoing for mboxing.
    Last edited by Kruschpakx4 : 04-27-2019 at 09:28 AM

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kruschpakx4 View Post
    from what I've read in comments ravager bladestorm cancels if you press an ability which could get annyoing for mboxing.
    Could be. I was testing it a bit yesterday and it roots you in place during the proc, too. Annoying if it procs at the wrong time in PvP. Still fun for grinding trash quick though.

  4. #14
    Rated Arena Member Kruschpakx4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Innsbruck
    Posts
    1257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    Could be. I was testing it a bit yesterday and it roots you in place during the proc, too. Annoying if it procs at the wrong time in PvP. Still fun for grinding trash quick though.
    hm yeah that sucks for pve aswell when you have mobs that run away at low health....did you test if it cancels on key press? because that would put the nail in the coffin, else I think whirlwind axe is equally good since bloodthirst scales with attack power

  5. #15

    Default

    It doesn't cancel, you can continue using skills like cleave/whirlwind during the proc. Then again, who knows if these private servers are scripted properly?

    It's a fun gimmick but I guess the whirlwind axe is more consistent DPS. The quest for whirlwind axe can be started at 30 but to complete it you need to kill a level 40 elite. Not sure if that'd be doable at 30 even with a full group. Maybe by 35-ish.

    A fair bit of grinding to get all of the materials, too.

    Liferoot (8)
    Bloodscalp Tusk (30)
    Essence of the Exile

    That'll take a while on 3-4 characters. I also find class quests a bit annoying because then I have to grind a bit on my other characters to even out their XP. I'm weird about keeping them all the same level.
    Last edited by Apatheist : 04-29-2019 at 04:33 PM

  6. #16
    Rated Arena Member Kruschpakx4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Innsbruck
    Posts
    1257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    It doesn't cancel, you can continue using skills like cleave/whirlwind during the proc. Then again, who knows if these private servers are scripted properly?
    you could test the procc on retail? weapon & procc are still available but i dont have a subscription atm...i wouldn't trust private servers with that stuff especially procc rates or how they work

  7. #17

    Default

    Haven't logged in to retail since MoP.

    It's a minor difference either way, just something interesting to play with on a melee team.

  8. #18

    Default

    What do you think about 2 shamans and 3 warriors ?
    And if you think it is viable. Should I go with 1 shaman and 4 warriors or 2 shamans and 3 warriors ?

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by philadelphe View Post
    What do you think about 2 shamans and 3 warriors ?
    And if you think it is viable. Should I go with 1 shaman and 4 warriors or 2 shamans and 3 warriors ?
    For PvE and doing dungeons it will be great. You'll cleave through mobs super fast with warriors and windfury totem. Less optimal for PvP (IMO) because shamans have no way to dispel slows/roots so you'll be kited fairly easily.

    Whether you want 2/3 or 1/4 is just a matter of preference. You'll do fine in PvE either way. The advantage to having 2 healers in PvP is being able to cross heal if one of your shamans gets CC'd. Your dungeon clear times will be slightly slower with 1 less DPS but you'll also be able to push faster. 2 Healers spamming downranked chain heal on 3 warriors should allow you to just go ham (within reason.)

    /cast [target=mouseover,help,exists] [help] [target=targettarget, help, exists] Chain Heal(Rank 1)
    Should work fairly well. 99% Of the time you'll be able to get away with just spamming r1 chain heal on the mobs target. If you need to heal another character, just mouseover with a repeater region on your unit frame.

    Having a mana tide totem every 2.5 minutes is also pretty nice.
    Last edited by Apatheist : 05-17-2019 at 04:59 PM

  10. #20

    Default

    Thx for your answer. What about the lack of decurse and dispel in 5man dungeons ?
    I think i can run about everything without it but i'm not sure.

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •