Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Default [Classic] Profession choice

    Currently considering a setup of war/pri/triple mage (or 2 mages+lock) - I'm speculating about profitable professions. I like the passive nature of transmutes, so I'm currently thinking alchemy+tailoring for all, but that aside, what do you think will be the most profitable professions as a boxer?
    Chamber of Aspects, Horde, EU

  2. #2
    Member JohnGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle Washington, USA
    Posts
    2161

    Default

    I don't see a need to make massive amounts of gold in classic. What are you going to spend it on? I was picking my professions based on the BoP crafted gear I want for them. Warrior a blacksmith, mages a tailor, etc, then engineering for various other combat enhancements.

    But, until the server economy stabilizes, herbs and ore are going to be outrageously priced on the AH, just like the release of every expansion. Thats where the gold making will be for the first several months.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    I don't see a need to make massive amounts of gold in classic. What are you going to spend it on?
    Level 60 mounts, backpacks and the more expensive crafting materials (mooncloth, arcanite etc.)

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    But, until the server economy stabilizes, herbs and ore are going to be outrageously priced on the AH, just like the release of every expansion. Thats where the gold making will be for the first several months.
    It might make sense to have the gathering professions, but of course you can't have 5 miners like today, since the nodes aren't shared.
    Chamber of Aspects, Horde, EU

  4. #4
    Member Ughmahedhurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North of The Wall, South of The Line
    Posts
    6933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzyboy View Post
    It might make sense to have the gathering professions, but of course you can't have 5 miners like today, since the nodes aren't shared.
    This assumes they will not make the nodes shared like they are today.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    This assumes they will not make the nodes shared like they are today.
    Yes, true - for my planning, I'm working off the assumption that things will be like in 1.12, except for the features they've specifically outlined will be different (addon API etc.)
    Chamber of Aspects, Horde, EU

  6. #6
    Member JohnGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle Washington, USA
    Posts
    2161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    This assumes they will not make the nodes shared like they are today.
    I don't think they can make them shared. They still aren't shared in those areas in retail.

  7. #7

    Default

    Goblin Sapper Charge
    Requires Engineering (205)
    Use: Explodes when triggered dealing 450 to 751 Fire damage to all enemies nearby and 375 to 626 damage to you.

  8. #8

    Default

    Also while figuring out which professions to take, remember that you have to do the AQ War efforts too, and those require quite a bit of turn-ins.

  9. #9
    Multiboxologist MiRai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Winter Is Coming
    Posts
    6397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    I don't think they can make them shared. They still aren't shared in those areas in retail.
    In retail, the only area that doesn't have shared nodes is Draenor (WoD), otherwise, every node is able to be tapped by, up to, 10 players before it disappears.

    With that said, it should be obvious that this tech isn't something that they will bring over to Classic.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

    Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

  10. #10

    Default

    in old wow I made a fortune selling level 57 plate gloves that made you immune to disarm. was a blast. Recipe is BoE

    version now: https://www.wowhead.com/item=12720/p...hold-gauntlets

    Version back then: https://classicdb.ch/?item=12639
    22 x 5-toon teams on Silvermoon EU

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •