Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Smile [New PC] 10-20 Box WoW

I am new to this Forum, but I am multiboxing since ~4 years and didn't register since I learned everything I know learn by doing. I want to buy a new Computer since my old one seems so slow to me these days My PC can still handle multiple clients but it's time to get a new one. First of all, I want to show you what my future system will look like, but maybe you can give me some advice about what I should change etc.

Mainboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC AMD B450 So.AM4 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8x 3.70GHz So.AM4 BOX
    GPU: Radeon VII 16GB
    RAM: 32GB-DDR4 3200MHz
    HDD: 500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe & 1TB MX500 SSD
    COOLER: Corsair H150i
    POWER: 850 Watt be quiet! Straight Power 11 Modular 80+ Gold

Maybe I should wait till the new Ryzen 3XXX drop ofc I'll not use it for multiboxing only
    Last edited by messerboogie : 02-20-2019 at 08:13 AM

From experience you dont want to max the the cpu usage, but you want to play at around max 80%, so you have some spare resources, or else you will experience drop in fps and not enjoyable gameplay. Basically if you play in 1080p, front game 60 fps or so, background 25 fps (with slot swap macroes for low/main game details), you need atleast a 8700K cpu for each 10 games. If you plan/have to to play 20 games on one pc = you do the math = it has to be something pretty beefy (14 core/28 thread intel (bare minimum tbh) or something similar (ideally better) from amd threadripper: would be awesome to factor in/try 4 cores per game). And its gonna cost a bit. And you will need 64 gb ram (im using 30 gb ram on the pc that plays 10 games while visiting dalaran on peak times), atleast. The radeon 7 with 16 gb vram sounds ok to me.

Ive noticed my computers play like a knife through hot butter at certain times of the day, but then always have some slowdown, almost no matter what, at some times. It seems when the servers are busy (many people online), it doesnt really matter which kind of pc you have (?), as it will be some slowdown (old game engine limitation, i supspect). But you definitetly dont want to get any lag when the servers are top notch. Hence you will need a pc with some spare resources.

What kind of budget are we talking about here? (the cpu will cost maybe around 2k dollars, if you have to play on a single pc).. depending on where you live and the what the prices are.

Try calculate the best cpu you can afford, motherboard and an additiononal 32 gb ram (try get a motherboard that have space for up to 128 gb ram, just in case) = ballpark figure to box up to 20 accounts.
    Last edited by WOWBOX40 : 02-20-2019 at 01:16 PM

Quote Originally Posted by WOWBOX40 View Post
    What kind of budget are we talking about here? (the cpu will cost maybe around 2k dollars, if you have to play on a single pc).. depending on where you live and the what the prices are.
    I was considering to spend ~3.000€