Close
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 35
  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    Problem with all of these guides is that they're designed for single players. Just looking at the first page (1-12 Horde) I see 4 collection quests in the 1-6 section alone. That will take you at least an hour to complete on 5 characters even without competition from other players. You can grind to level 6 in 20 minutes and you'll earn more silver to train with while grinding.
    No area looting that mechanism was introduced in Mists of Pandaria - so you have to loot individuel anyway, to get that silver, so questing+grinding will very likely be faster and you get rep too.
    Eonar - EU

  2. #22

    Default

    Once you get a toon to 60, dungeon boosting is another possibility as well.

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    No area looting that mechanism was introduced in Mists of Pandaria - so you have to loot individuel anyway, to get that silver, so questing+grinding will very likely be faster and you get rep too.
    Not AoE looting. Many quest items were changed to be group-lootable by any character in the party that participated in the mob kill during Wrath.

    In classic you can only loot one quest item per mob on a single character so you essentially have to do collection quests 5 times.

    Quote Originally Posted by DasButo View Post
    Once you get a toon to 60, dungeon boosting is another possibility as well.
    Another point in favor of paladin tanks over warriors IMO. Paladins are amazing powerlevelers in classic.
    Last edited by Apatheist : 11-29-2018 at 10:03 PM

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    In classic you can only loot one quest item per mob on a single character so you essentially have to do collection quests 5 times.
    This is a really good point I'd forgotten. Same goes with those ground-object items you have to right-click on, as the multi-access object changes were also in later builds.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    This is a really good point I'd forgotten. Same goes with those ground-object items you have to right-click on, as the multi-access object changes were also in later builds.
    Yeah. Combine that with the fact that quest items in classic weren't guaranteed drops. Some had drop rates of +/- 30% so you can spend a long time trying to collect 15 snake legs each on 5 characters. Not worth the time IMO. You'll end up having to kill hundreds of mobs to finish a single quest. Ground-lootable quest items are just as bad. Each item has a respawn rate of 3-10 minutes depending on the particular quest. There's no fancy dynamic respawn rate on resources in highly populated areas. That's another late feature. You'll spend 30+ minutes collecting a mere 4 (* 5) mushrooms for the Fungal Spoors quest in the Barrens. That's assuming there aren't a million other people running around competing for the same items. Definitely not worth the time in my view.

    My plan is to grind kill quests and mobs, collecting Deadmines quests along the way, until 20 when my paladins get consecration and my mages get blizzard then head straight for dungeons. Stopping only to get the important quests for each dungeon that reward worthwhile gear.

  6. #26

    Default

    I'm still torn between leveling a trinity team from the get-go, or a tank/healer duo and then PLing the rest after I hit 60. I wonder if replacing a mage with a balance druid for the crit aura would be worth it, especially if running a pally tank?

  7. #27
    Multiboxologist MiRai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Winter Is Coming
    Posts
    6230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    so you can spend a long time trying to collect 15 snake legs each on 5 characters. Not worth the time IMO.
    That's definitely not worth it since snakes don't have legs, and that's a 0% drop chance across the board. That may be the worst collection quest in the history of collection quests.

    Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    You'll end up having to kill hundreds of mobs to finish a single quest.
    I think some (yet to be determined) collection quests may be worth it in the sense that you're already grinding in that area, and if you just set loot to free-for-all, you should then be able to only have to loot on your lead character until they have all of the item, and then move to the next. This is, of course, assuming that a follow/assist setup is being used that allows for control from any character.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

    Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

  8. #28

    Default

    That damn Hardened Tumor from https://www.wowhead.com/quest=451/a-recipe-for-death damn near broke me...I think I cleared those islands in Lake Lordamere 3+ times before it dropped.

  9. #29
    Member JohnGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle Washington, USA
    Posts
    2062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    This is a really good point I'd forgotten. Same goes with those ground-object items you have to right-click on, as the multi-access object changes were also in later builds.
    Making matters worse, Classic will probably have the modern WoW phasing making the areas much more populated. We'll be back to camping spawn points.

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    Making matters worse, Classic will probably have the modern WoW phasing making the areas much more populated. We'll be back to camping spawn points.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •