Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Default IWT - balance druids run all the way to the target

    Hi, I have found some strange behaviour with my druids. I am using gse macros for all my teams with isboxer setup sending dps key alternating between dps macro and IWT on next press. It worked fine until now. The current state of WPVP forced me to specc my druid team as balance and here comes my problem. All other teams run towards the target but stops at the range of the spell, if the target is not in line of sight, the IWT key makes them look at the target. But balance druids keep running all the way to the target, that interupts cast-time spells. Now with no follow in pvp they keep running through the target in all the directions. Which was completely fine with DKs, DHs and feral druids, but it is not fine with balance druids. Locks, mages, hunters works fine.

    Since I havn´t played balance druids before I dont know if this is normal or I have something wrong in my setup.

  2. #2
    Multiboxologist MiRai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Winter Is Coming
    Posts
    6178

    Default

    I assume that this video will help give you an idea on how to go about adjusting your profile.

    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

    Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

  3. #3

    Default

    thanks for the reply. I watched the video where you show how to divide team into melee/caster but this is not what I meant. I want to keep click-to-move enabled on balance druids, because I need them to walk in range to the target. Whem I switch to my mage and press "g" - which is my iwt key - the mage runs to the target and stops just in range for casting spell. I switch target, press g, the mage turns and runs to the new target and again stops just in range. Balance druid however doesnt stop in caster range and keeps running to melee range.

  4. #4
    Multiboxologist MiRai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Winter Is Coming
    Posts
    6178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johny_mnemonic View Post
    thanks for the reply. I watched the video where you show how to divide team into melee/caster but this is not what I meant. I want to keep click-to-move enabled on balance druids, because I need them to walk in range to the target. Whem I switch to my mage and press "g" - which is my iwt key - the mage runs to the target and stops just in range for casting spell. I switch target, press g, the mage turns and runs to the new target and again stops just in range. Balance druid however doesnt stop in caster range and keeps running to melee range.
    Alright, well, unfortunately, not every ranged class works the same as others, so if you want the Druid to move into range using IWT, then you're going to have to stop them, manually, with a movement key.
    Last edited by MiRai : 10-04-2018 at 07:29 PM Reason: Clarification
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

    Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

  5. #5

    Default

    Maybe you could change the iwt keybind in isboxer, so that when you press and hold down the button, they will move towards the target, and then add a step to the button, so when you release the same button, it sends a signal to press "back", which makes them either all stop or just the druid(s).

  6. #6
    Member JohnGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle Washington, USA
    Posts
    2011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johny_mnemonic View Post
    Hi, I have found some strange behaviour with my druids. I am using gse macros for all my teams with isboxer setup sending dps key alternating between dps macro and IWT on next press. It worked fine until now. The current state of WPVP forced me to specc my druid team as balance and here comes my problem. All other teams run towards the target but stops at the range of the spell, if the target is not in line of sight, the IWT key makes them look at the target. But balance druids keep running all the way to the target, that interupts cast-time spells. Now with no follow in pvp they keep running through the target in all the directions. Which was completely fine with DKs, DHs and feral druids, but it is not fine with balance druids. Locks, mages, hunters works fine.

    Since I havn´t played balance druids before I dont know if this is normal or I have something wrong in my setup.
    The part where they run through the target in all directions can be fixed with a trick in the post here.

    But I would recommend a ATG for sending IWT spam then just add or remove the druids with a keybind. Add them to the ATG when they are out of range or facing the wrong way then quickly remove them as it only takes a second.

  7. #7

    Default

    Druids have a melee spec so IWT works differently than if you were a Priest or a Warlock, they are treated as a melee even while being a caster.
    I actually like this a lot though because it makes them PvP viable due to /follow being broken. Just hit a movement key when you have them where you want and your golden.
    Sadly Balance in its current form doesn't match the power of other classes.
    Sargeras - Alliance

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellay View Post
    Druids have a melee spec so IWT works differently than if you were a Priest or a Warlock, they are treated as a melee even while being a caster.
    I actually like this a lot though because it makes them PvP viable due to /follow being broken. Just hit a movement key when you have them where you want and your golden.
    Sadly Balance in its current form doesn't match the power of other classes.
    I thought so, that druids are treated ingame as melee even in their caster form. I have removed the IWT step from my dps macro and using step back key to stop them in place. After the stat squish my feral druids die pretty quickly, but balance druids have no problems at all. As soon as I start shooting lasers from the sky stuff dies realy fast.

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •