Close
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 46
  1. #1

    Default Abuse of the Economy x10

    Awoke this morning to 10 new messages in my email, an account closure for all my accounts I use to Multi-box, unfortunate.

    I recently got into multiboxing about 2 weeks ago. Set up 9 new accounts and made 10 druids just to play around with and its a totally different gaming experience, I love it! Although getting all 10 of them closed because they believe I am selling them is a real bummer. I know people make these posts and are all "woe is me" and there is no way to prove that I am innocent as I'm just some guy online. Figured I would share my experience so here it is. I just submitted a ticket on my main telling them whats up so will report back on what happens.

    Only thing I can think of is one night waiting on a friend of mine to do some profession stuff I put all my characters in bear form and spaced them out and was dancing with them, some people walked by and was like this is awesome and was joining in and having fun, but guess it just takes one person to report me because they are envious. Thought I was safe from any action because I am sure all that I am doing is legal. Using isboxer and Jamba, plus good bit other addons but none that automate anything.

    We shall see what happens, take care friends and happy boxing!

  2. #2
    Multiboxologist MiRai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Winter Is Coming
    Posts
    6219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adexcidephanol View Post
    Although getting all 10 of them closed because they believe I am selling them is a real bummer.
    First of all, "abuse of economy" has nothing to do with account selling, and second, Blizzard isn't going to pre-emptively ban you for something you haven't yet done. So, I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that Blizzard thinks you're selling your accounts, and has therefore banned you, unless I'm reading that statement incorrectly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adexcidephanol View Post
    Only thing I can think of is one night waiting on a friend of mine to do some profession stuff I put all my characters in bear form and spaced them out and was dancing with them, some people walked by and was like this is awesome and was joining in and having fun, but guess it just takes one person to report me because they are envious. Thought I was safe from any action because I am sure all that I am doing is legal. Using isboxer and Jamba, plus good bit other addons but none that automate anything.
    Again, nothing you describe here fits the bill of "abuse of economy." In addition to that, it most certainly takes more than one person to report you in order for anything to happen to your account, and even Blizzard has mentioned this on their own forum when replying to criticism of their report system.

    Finally, "abuse of economy" has everything to do with—wait for it—the in-game economy, including gold management and auction house behavior. This also isn't an action that is tied to multiboxing specifically (no action is), as any player can abuse the economy and receive time off—you can Google this reason for account action and find no shortage of threads.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

    Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

  3. #3

    Default

    Account Action: Account Closure
    Offense: Exploitative Activity: Abuse of the Economy


    This account was closed because it was involved, either directly or indirectly, with the unauthorized exchange of in-game property for "real-world" currency. This exchange detracts from the integrity of the World of Warcraft game environment.

    This is straight from the email. Some guy was rambling off that I sell accounts and that is how I can afford them all whenever I was dancing with them. So I assumed that it had something to do with a player report and an automated closure process or just quick review. Im sure they get tons of reports a day and just figure close my account and if im guilty then i will accept it or if im innocent and fight back they would review it further. I use VPN at work as well as home so maybe the IP addressed looked fishy and they just assumed something bad was going on.

  4. #4
    Multiboxologist MiRai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Winter Is Coming
    Posts
    6219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adexcidephanol View Post
    Account Action: Account Closure
    Offense: Exploitative Activity: Abuse of the Economy

    This account was closed because it was involved, either directly or indirectly, with the unauthorized exchange of in-game property for "real-world" currency. This exchange detracts from the integrity of the World of Warcraft game environment.
    Well, there's your reason right there... it states that you're involved, directly or indirectly, with selling gold or services for "real world" currency.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adexcidephanol View Post
    Some guy was rambling off that I sell accounts and that is how I can afford them all whenever I was dancing with them. So I assumed that it had something to do with a player report and an automated closure process or just quick review. Im sure they get tons of reports a day and just figure close my account and if im guilty then i will accept it or if im innocent and fight back they would review it further.
    Blizzard wants people to pay their subscription fee because that's how they make money, and they're not banning people based on unsubstantiated claims made by someone who may have reported you in game. Have you ever reported a bot that was operating out in the game world, only to see that bot continue to operate for days or even weeks afterward? I think most players have experienced that, and that would indicate that it takes more than one player report, as well as Blizzard to come investigate the claim before any ban happens.

    On the other hand, if you're sending large amounts of gold to people, including yourself, you could easily get your account flagged for that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adexcidephanol View Post
    I use VPN at work as well as home so maybe the IP addressed looked fishy and they just assumed something bad was going on.
    Yes, that would be a huge red flag, but using a VPN doesn't flag your account for "unauthorized exchange of in-game property for 'real-world' currency." It would, however, make it look like you're sharing your account with someone else, which is, of course, another actionable offense.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

    Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

  5. #5

    Default

    Well that sucks, I gather a lot and use jamba trade feature to get all the mats from my followers then put it in guild bank in which we make products out of then sell and put money back in guild bank. I can see how that would look like funneling gold but im not doing anything different than if we had 10 guild members who just loved gathering and giving mats to the guild.

  6. #6
    Multiboxologist MiRai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Winter Is Coming
    Posts
    6219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adexcidephanol View Post
    Well that sucks, I gather a lot and use jamba trade feature to get all the mats from my followers then put it in guild bank in which we make products out of then sell and put money back in guild bank. I can see how that would look like funneling gold but im not doing anything different than if we had 10 guild members who just loved gathering and giving mats to the guild.
    Well, if it's as innocent as you claim, then the appeal process should be super simple.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

    Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

  7. #7

    Default

    The Closure Emails are always generic and might have nothing directly to do with what you are being actioned for. This is to stop people working out specifically what they did wrong.

    As MiRai said, use the appeal process. Remain calm with them. Explain your case and request that the action be reviewed.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberie View Post
    The Closure Emails are always generic and might have nothing directly to do with what you are being actioned for. This is to stop people working out specifically what they did wrong.

    As MiRai said, use the appeal process. Remain calm with them. Explain your case and request that the action be reviewed.
    Yeah that's what im doing, just awaiting a response from my tickets. Im very hopeful it will get fixed its just the wait is what sucks.

  9. #9

    Default

    Update:

    Got ticket responses from all different GMs most of them said they will further look into it but a few of them said straight out that the ban stays because of hacks or botting. Now that got me worried because I did no such thing, everything i have done would be stopped if i let go of the keyboard and mouse, i was very clear to stay within those rules. Also my main account apparently has not been banned, one of my boxes had two wow accounts made, one was a trial for some reason so thats why i had 10 ban emails.

    Anyway all this has me very confused as i use no strange addons, only thing i can think of is the auto-trade for jamba? All my minions would trade into my main account so that might be why my main account was not closed? I will update once I get more information, I know I was not banned for multiboxing but something somewhere in my mix of stuff is throwing a flag for cheating.

  10. #10

    Default

    How did you buy and fund the new accounts with gold or did you actually pay for them ?

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •