Close
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Showing results 151 to 160 of 181
  1. #151

    Default

    If there are enough of the enemy faction around to kill you while boxing there will certainly be enough around to kill any single character. I feel like if anything boxing is protection against ganking in most situations.

    Grinding dungeons is safer and faster than questing anyway. I'm in no rush to get to 60, apparently the current plan is to release Dire Maul one month after launch anyway and I figure we'll want to spend some time grinding DM gear as boxers before we give ZG/MC a try. Particularly if most of us plan on playing casters -- which is usually the case.

    A lot of unknowns still. No idea if /follow will be disabled in world PvP or if IWT will still be present.
    Last edited by Apatheist : 01-06-2019 at 08:42 AM

  2. #152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    A lot of unknowns still. No idea if /follow will be disabled in world PvP or if IWT will still be present.

    Those 2 things are very important. IWT could be present because it could be considere like an accessibility thing like colorblind mode. that help people who are disabled to play. then we can hope it will be present. As we all know if IWT is there that will open a lot of possibility for multiboxing.

    /follow disabled in pvp is not vanilla but it could implemented. It will depend of their policy. There is no way to know what they will do about it for now.

  3. #153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by philadelphe View Post
    /follow disabled in pvp is not vanilla but it could implemented.
    I'm pretty excited to multibox classic, but /follow not being enabled would pretty much be the game breaker that it is for me now. I've not played since October, and BFA was the first xpac that I didn't multibox in since BC. So, fingers crossed!
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

  4. #154

    Default

    Well after 2 weeks of not logging in, Im going to unsub. I had fun for the couple of months I came back to boxing, but PvP will never be the same as it was back when I did BG's 80% of the time. And the PvE game has gotten boring for me.

    Im looking forward to boxing Classic without restrictions though. I do have a small bit of experience boxing dungeons and i liked it, so that slow grind will keep me entertained for a while. But boxing PvP is where its at for me and the longevity of my sub will be dependent on that.

    But as of now, I honestly dont see them allowing /follow in BGs or WPvP.

  5. #155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cmeche View Post
    Well after 2 weeks of not logging in, Im going to unsub. I had fun for the couple of months I came back to boxing, but PvP will never be the same as it was back when I did BG's 80% of the time. And the PvE game has gotten boring for me.

    Im looking forward to boxing Classic without restrictions though. I do have a small bit of experience boxing dungeons and i liked it, so that slow grind will keep me entertained for a while. But boxing PvP is where its at for me and the longevity of my sub will be dependent on that.

    But as of now, I honestly dont see them allowing /follow in BGs or WPvP.
    I also unsub'd recently and just waiting for classic. I hope /follow is in BGS or at least WPVP. If not, I won't be playing
    Earthen Ring - Horde - 7 boxing
    Cuddle Buddies - 4DK, 1 Holy Paladin, 1 Disc Priest, and 1 Resto Shaman | Armory 5v5 Cuddle Buddies
    ex Kilrogg - Horde

    Team Acid Wuvablez - 4DK + 1 holy pally | Acidburning, Crashohvride, Acidloves, Acidhugs, & Acidcuddles | Armory 5v5 Love You Bye Bye
    ex Garona - Horde
    Team Acid Dessert - Quad Shaman | Acidcake, Acidfudge, Acidicecream, & Acidmoarprz
    Team Acid Hackers - DK + 3 Rets | Acidburning, Crashohvride, Ceralkillah, & Loardnikon

  6. #156
    Rated Arena Member Kruschpakx4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Innsbruck
    Posts
    1225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    A lot of unknowns still. No idea if /follow will be disabled in world PvP or if IWT will still be present.
    Well getting rid of follow in world pvp would mean they gonna do warmode ... and they can't be that stupid people would riot all over unless they have the "YoU gUyS hAvE pHoNeS rIgHt" guy in charge.

    Other than that no follow in battlegrounds wouldnt be a big deal anyway.. you're not going to make #14 by 5 boxing then anyway so just enjoy the good old world pvp at every corner and get into pugged MC for gear...maybe give toons vastly different names so no one will notice in a 40 man raid anyway

  7. #157
    Multiboxologist MiRai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Winter Is Coming
    Posts
    6275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kruschpakx4 View Post
    Well getting rid of follow in world pvp would mean they gonna do warmode ... and they can't be that stupid
    To be fair, any PvP combat, War Mode enabled or not, breaks follow. You can attack faction city guards without War Mode enabled and you will lose follow, so I would assume that those API functions would work the same way, in Classic.

    Even Legion PvP WQs were causing follow to break after the BFA pre-patch, and War Mode was not required to complete those. So, again, I would bet that follow, in PvP, would work the same way, assuming those API strings stay in the Classic client for release.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

    Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

  8. #158
    Rated Arena Member Kruschpakx4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Innsbruck
    Posts
    1225

    Default

    what I'm worried is that they forget stuff like that before releasing the servers, then realize alot of people botting to grind #12+ and then after many boxers have their teams on lvl 60 they remove follow as on retail without announcement

  9. #159

    Default

    It would be great if world PvP was viable for us but I just can't see it happening given Blizzards history of passive aggressive changes towards PvP boxing since MoP. Particularly considering how much more relevant world PvP was in classic compared to any expansion.

    Then again, maybe they'll flip everything on its head and leave /follow in everywhere as well as IWT. I'm down to roll 4 warriors and a holy paladin and cleave everybody to death.
    Last edited by Apatheist : 02-07-2019 at 08:35 AM

  10. #160
    Rated Arena Member Kruschpakx4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Innsbruck
    Posts
    1225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    It would be great if world PvP was viable for us but I just can't see it happening given Blizzards history of passive aggressive changes towards PvP boxing since MoP. Particularly considering how much more relevant world PvP was in classic compared to any expansion.
    I wouldn't call it relevant considering you can do wpvp all day and not get to the significant ranks for gear...it's rather an unavoidable situation when there is no lfg/lfr/flight mounts then people will run into each other quite often but there is not really a reason to ban multiboxing. Imagine a 40 shaman boxer beeing oom after 10 lightning bolts and subsequently getting ganked over and over by 15 people... if the devs think 5 minutes about it they should see the difference of boxing classic vs boxing retail. Whatever works on retail is 100% not working in classic to the same extent because the slow mana regen screws up everything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    Then again, maybe they'll flip everything on its head and leave /follow in everywhere as well as IWT. I'm down to roll 4 warriors and a holy paladin and cleave everybody to death.
    I thought about rshaman 4 warrior with the BRD trinket and windfury would be fun as hell but warrior back then was a bit more complex to play (and multibox) as today Im afraid (switching battlestance for overpower, slam resetting autohit ect)
    Last edited by Kruschpakx4 : 02-09-2019 at 09:44 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •