Close
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 31
  1. #21
    U JELLY?! Toned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    1575

    Default

    I'll have to mess with this, I've turned off IWT and I play all groups with auto follow / arrow movements for positioning, and formations for spreading out.


  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadone View Post
    Hi John,

    im not using the Isboxer Pro configuration yet. How could i fix the problem with the standard version? Any idea/workaround?

    Thank you for your time
    It's basically an alternative implementation of the "Face Target" version of IWT, which sends "Move Backward" after pressing IWT -- all you should have to do is adjust the auto-interact (assuming that is enabled on your DPS buttons) to also press a movement key.

    Note: If you're pressing it manually and not building this into your DPS keys, you can set a Hotkey for "Face Toward Target" in "ISB42 - Base Hotkeys"

    Here's the default version of "Auto-Interact with Target - Standard" in "ISB42 - Party" which would be built into your DPS keys. (e.g. by ticking the box at the end of the Quick Setup Wizard)


    And here's an adjusted version...

    … and the changes:
    1. I changed the Targets for the Actions to use the Melee ATG instead of all. This is so that teams with casters are not affected. You can leave those to all/all other if you want.
      • If you want use the Melee ATG, you do may have to create it under Action Target Groups, and make sure to add your Melee characters to it

    2. I also went into "Interact with Target - Face Target" right above it, into Step 1, and Copied the <Move Backward> Action, and pasted it in (and changed the Target to match the changes). You can do that as well.
      • You can also manually add the action -- right click Actions and select "Variable Keystroke Action", pick the "Move Backward" (or any direction really, it's not going to actually move because this is instant) and set the Target. Just be sure that under "Variable Keystrokes" in the top left pane, your "Move Backward" is set to the right button for your in-game key bindings (while you're there, check the others ).
      • … you can also use a regular old Keystroke Action and just fill in your movement key


    That's how to modify the standard ISBoxer 42 setup, with or without Pro. Pro setups can of course choose to use this Auto-Interact with Target feature the same way as the standard "ISB42 - Combat Broadcast" key map.

    Enjoy

    p.s. here's the modified Mapped Key, you can just paste this in to ISB42 - Party.
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <Box xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
      <ObjectType>ISBoxer_Toolkit.Configs.KeyMaps.MappedKey</ObjectType>
      <SerializedObject>&lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?&gt;
    &lt;MappedKey xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"&gt;
      &lt;Name&gt;Auto-Interact with Target - Standard&lt;/Name&gt;
      &lt;Description&gt;This is the same as Interact with Target - Standard with the exception of no auto-assist, and Click to Move is left enabled in WoW&lt;/Description&gt;
      &lt;Hold /&gt;
      &lt;UseFTLModifiers /&gt;
      &lt;ResetTimer&gt;1&lt;/ResetTimer&gt;
      &lt;ResetType&gt;FromFirstPress&lt;/ResetType&gt;
      &lt;Mode&gt;OnRelease&lt;/Mode&gt;
      &lt;Steps&gt;
        &lt;Step&gt;
          &lt;Actions&gt;
            &lt;MappedKeyAction xsi:type="MappedKeyExecuteAction"&gt;
              &lt;Target&gt;other Melee&lt;/Target&gt;
              &lt;KeyMapString&gt;ISB42 - WoW&lt;/KeyMapString&gt;
              &lt;MappedKeyString&gt;Click to Move On&lt;/MappedKeyString&gt;
            &lt;/MappedKeyAction&gt;
            &lt;MappedKeyAction xsi:type="VariableKeystrokeAction"&gt;
              &lt;Target&gt;Melee&lt;/Target&gt;
              &lt;Name&gt;Interact with Target&lt;/Name&gt;
            &lt;/MappedKeyAction&gt;
            &lt;MappedKeyAction xsi:type="VariableKeystrokeAction"&gt;
              &lt;Target&gt;other Melee&lt;/Target&gt;
              &lt;Name&gt;Move Backward&lt;/Name&gt;
            &lt;/MappedKeyAction&gt;
          &lt;/Actions&gt;
        &lt;/Step&gt;
      &lt;/Steps&gt;
    &lt;/MappedKey&gt;</SerializedObject>
    </Box>
    1. Select everything in the "Code" box
    2. Copy it (e.g. right click, Copy. or Ctrl+C)
    3. In ISBoxer, select "ISB42 - Party" in the top left under Key maps, then right click "Mapped Keys" in the bottom left
    4. Select "Paste Mapped Key from Clipboard"
    5. It says "An existing Mapped Key . . .", tell it to "Replace the existing item" and click OK.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Lax : 08-13-2018 at 10:21 AM Reason: images
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

  3. #23
    Member JohnGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle Washington, USA
    Posts
    2174

    Default

    Though you'll want the movement key before IWT instead of after. You want the movement key to clear any previous IWT not the last one.

  4. #24
    U JELLY?! Toned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    1575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    Though you'll want the movement key before IWT instead of after. You want the movement key to clear any previous IWT not the last one.
    Have you or anyone solved the random disconnects you get from using IWT if you are spamming too fast?


  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    Though you'll want the movement key before IWT instead of after. You want the movement key to clear any previous IWT not the last one.
    John sorry for the necro, but I wanted to highlight what a wonderful solution this is. Many times I thought about removing the monk from my party because she does only half dps, pulls extra mobs, falls into chasms. I wish I had seen this post a month ago when I started.

    I duplicated "Interact with Target - Standard", named it "IWT - Melee Fix"; added keystroke action 'W' sent to window: melee - others. Moved it up to 2ndaction between the click-to-move and the IWT. Then in my character set I changed virtual key "Auto Interact with Target - Active Method" (which is what I'm using in my combat key maps) and redefined it to "IWT - Melee Fix".

    Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    It's basically an alternative implementation of the "Face Target" version of IWT, which sends "Move Backward" after pressing IWT -- all you should have to do is adjust the auto-interact (assuming that is enabled on your DPS buttons) to also press a movement key.
    Hi Lax, I would like to request you incorporate this in the Pro template with <Move Forward> before the IWT keystroke instead of <Move Backward> after the IWT. You could make it a separate IWT option, but to be honest it works so well that you could add it to "Interact with Target - Standard". As long as the user doesn't add any ranged into the melee ATG then it's relatively foolproof.

  6. #26
    Multiboxologist MiRai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Winter Is Coming
    Posts
    6460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizeowel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    It's basically an alternative implementation of the "Face Target" version of IWT, which sends "Move Backward" after pressing IWT -- all you should have to do is adjust the auto-interact (assuming that is enabled on your DPS buttons) to also press a movement key.
    Hi Lax, I would like to request you incorporate this in the Pro template with <Move Forward> before the IWT keystroke instead of <Move Backward> after the IWT. You could make it a separate IWT option, but to be honest it works so well that you could add it to "Interact with Target - Standard". As long as the user doesn't add any ranged into the melee ATG then it's relatively foolproof.
    The problem is that ISBoxer works with many different games, and the Interact command is not exclusive to World of Warcraft, and so, for those other games, should the default setup also be sending the <Move Forward> key along with Interact? Probably not, since the information in this thread solves an issue that is only an issue in World of Warcraft. In addition, you point out another potential problem of adding it in by default: the fact that it is only used for melee, and would continuously interrupt ranged spell casters. If someone is playing a mixed-class team, they will still have to alter the Target of the Mapped Key, as well as create/adjust an ATG that they're not familiar with. Either way, it's additional work for the end user, which leads me to my next point.

    ISBoxer has to be somewhat generic in its setup because of all of the different users that use it and games that it's used with, and, at some point, the user is expected to (eventually) learn how to configure some stuff on their own, and then figure out how to implement these things into their own, personal profile, since the Wizards can only take you so far (even if they were super ultra advanced). Personally, I think it's best if ISBoxer sticks with a more basic setup, and then users learn how to actually use the features of the program, and build upon that default setup.

    Finally, the "Face Target" Mapped Key is meant to be used on press, hold, and release of a separate key, and is not meant to be integrated into a standard rotation because it has a two-step, interactive requirement to use properly—moving backward is executed upon release. At a quick glance, the "Face Target" Mapped Key almost looks as if it won't work properly, since it's a two-step process calling one step of a second two-step process, which leads to de-sync. Nevermind on that last point, the MK it's calling resets itself after 1 second.
    Last edited by MiRai : 01-03-2019 at 03:09 PM
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

    Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

  7. #27
    Member JohnGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle Washington, USA
    Posts
    2174

    Default

    It will probably need updated next expansion.

    Indeed this feels wonderful and I am glad there is finally something to stop that wicky wacky runaway crap, its still just a bandaide covering an ever changing bug in the WoW client.

    I tried years ago to solve this, ebony mentioned the same, I bet a lot of people tried. This just wouldn't work back then, and never know if its going to work next expansion.

  8. #28

    Default

    John, I hope it does not break in the next expansion. Enjoy today, worry about tomorrow later

    Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    The problem is that ISBoxer works with many different games, and the Interact command is not exclusive to World of Warcraft, and so, for those other games, should the default setup also be sending the <Move Forward> key along with Interact? Probably not, since the information in this thread solves an issue that is only an issue in World of Warcraft. In addition, you point out another potential problem of adding it in by default: the fact that it is only used for melee, and would continuously interrupt ranged spell casters. If someone is playing a mixed-class team, they will still have to alter the Target of the Mapped Key, as well as create/adjust an ATG that they're not familiar with. Either way, it's additional work for the end user, which leads me to my next point.

    ISBoxer has to be somewhat generic in its setup because of all of the different users that use it and games that it's used with, and, at some point, the user is expected to (eventually) learn how to configure some stuff on their own, and then figure out how to implement these things into their own, personal profile, since the Wizards can only take you so far (even if they were super ultra advanced). Personally, I think it's best if ISBoxer sticks with a more basic setup, and then users learn how to actually use the features of the program, and build upon that default setup.
    Fair enough about the generic implementation of the Pro system. I forgot that Melee ATG isn't included by default in the Pro template anyway.

    I must point out that as a new user, who has made an effort to watch and learn from many of your excellent and informative videos, I've searched a lot, and experimented with almost all the ISBoxer features over the last month. I understand I don't have your years of experience, and I don't expect to have things handed to me on a plate. In fact the complexity of ISBoxer has become a kind of meta game. I'm almost disinterested in levelling because it's more compelling to create a new menu or keymap to solve challenges of rotations and healing. I've made plenty of dumb mistakes so far, and hopefully learned from them. But this was something I could not see a way to solve and only happened on John's video by chance.

    Perhaps then this solution could be mentioned in the wiki page http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Interact_with_Target ?

  9. #29
    Member JohnGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle Washington, USA
    Posts
    2174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizeowel View Post
    [..snip..] In fact the complexity of ISBoxer has become a kind of meta game. I'm almost disinterested in levelling because it's more compelling to create a new menu or keymap to solve challenges of rotations and healing.[..snip..]
    Oh yeah, I will often spend all night playing IsBoxer, its fun.

  10. #30

    Default

    So I tried this with the standard configuration

    But if I press this more than once per second, it causes my team to stand still even though my "move backwards" is before IWT
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •