Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Default Inventory Management

    Something I've been meaning to ask, probably going on years now that somehow escapes memory every time. How do you guys manage inventory on 5-20 characters?

    What addons do you use?
    What strategy on bank / guild bank depositing?
    What kind of macros do you use to one-click sort / deposit / withdraw from bank tabs?

    Lots of questions for sure. Going into BFA I need to sort this out. I've personally struggled with it for years.

  2. #2
    Member JohnGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle Washington, USA
    Posts
    2028

    Default

    I think I use tradeskillmaster and bagnon for that. A lot of addons have bits and pieces that help with that but those are the main ones.

    TSM addons are those such as accounting, mailing, and banking. And bagnon keeps track of your bags and banks on all alts, shows how many on each alt in the tooltip when you hover over things. I also have a custom addon that takes care of housekeeping things, such as everytime the guild bank is opened it deposits all but 100g.

    I think TSM will be your biggest help. I stop by a mailbox and one button to send all BtA stuff (pet charms, rep tokens, etc) to my main, then stop by the guild bank and 1 more button to deposit all mats I've collected and another button to restock on food/flasks.

    Chores are done!!

  3. #3

    Default

    Thanks John, that's what I'm looking to do.

    I found with TSM that an item can only belong to one group. I wasn't sure about that and how useful it would be for me. Though it looks like that's what I have to do? Then macro it to a hotkey when I open the gbank, switch to a tab and call TSM.

    Ideally I'm going to have an operation to move crafting mats to tab 1 and the alchemist will deposit flasks/pots to tab 2.

    Kinda was hoping I overlooked something. Like an addon that would determine what consumeables would be useful to you from all bank tabs and automatically withdraw them to a cap. That way I wouldn't have to do anything but visit the gbank.

    Ah well. Maybe it can be done another time

  4. #4
    Member JohnGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle Washington, USA
    Posts
    2028

    Default

    Every once in awhile I get fed up with something and try to re-do all my addons. It'd be nice to find a replacement for TSM, its pretty slow and bloated for what I use it for.

  5. #5

    Default

    https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/dumpster-reborn

    Shameless plug as I managed to get this back on Curse after it was abandoned but it still works great for pushing/pulling things from any container. (bags/bank/mail/trade/vendor)

    Currently doing great work with this at the vendor
    Code:
    /din /t "Artifact Power to your current"
    https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/bank-stack

    Also great for pushing/pulling into stacks and just sorting in general. I rock up to GB and just push into it with all 5 at a time.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberie View Post
    https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/dumpster-reborn

    Shameless plug as I managed to get this back on Curse after it was abandoned but it still works great for pushing/pulling things from any container. (bags/bank/mail/trade/vendor)

    Currently doing great work with this at the vendor
    Code:
    /din /t "Artifact Power to your current"
    https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/bank-stack

    Also great for pushing/pulling into stacks and just sorting in general. I rock up to GB and just push into it with all 5 at a time.

    Thanks Jabberie. I'll take a look when I get out of HFC.

  7. #7

    Default

    Jamba, trade and mail to alt.
    And added jamba guild that be good for adding stuff to gb




  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    Jamba, trade and mail to alt.
    And added jamba guild that be good for adding stuff to gb
    Hey Ebony, what do you mean by jamba guild? Is this current functionality or something you're planning to add?

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadMilitia View Post
    Hey Ebony, what do you mean by jamba guild? Is this current functionality or something you're planning to add?
    topic under this one, https://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/...l=1#post414569




  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    Ah ok, that's the 8.0 piece we were talking about before. Looking forward to that one. I think it'll be what I need.

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •