Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 30
  1. #1
    Multiboxologist MiRai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Winter Is Coming
    Posts
    5985

    Default Recruit-a-Friend Nerfed

    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...riend-now-live

    The 200% bonus is now only 50%, and heirloom experience no longer stacks with the RaF bonus. If you currently have RaF, then these changes do not affect you. If you're creating a new set of RaF after this, then you will be affected.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private. Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

    Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...riend-now-live

    The 200% bonus is now only 50%, and heirloom experience no longer stacks with the RaF bonus. If you currently have RaF, then these changes do not affect you. If you're creating a new set of RaF after this, then you will be affected.
    One can only assume this is to curtail people using RaF to level the new allied races faster once they go live. Seems like an overreaction on Blizzard's part. What a shame.

  3. #3
    Member Fat Tire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mountains of Colorado
    Posts
    1823

    Default

    Raf is completely useless for boxers now since heirloom exp bonus is 70% iirc.

  4. #4

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Tire View Post
    Raf is completely useless for boxers now since heirloom exp bonus is 70% iirc.
    70% was possible, sort of. 55% on heirlooms, and a guild banner for 15%. It requires 15,000 daily quests by guild, but for the player only requires friendly with guild and guild rep tabards are BoA, so easy to unlock for new characters. Even though it has a 10 minute cooldown, could round robin it on the team.

  6. #6

    Default

    Even though they state - "the maximum XP boost you will see from today onwards is 50%."
    The theory of them adding XP Potions to the Blizz store just to make BANK isn't sounding to outrageous right now.
    As they did remove obtaining Rapid Minds from this recent Christmas event now this...

  7. #7

    Default

    I am baffled! Where is Blizzard heading with these XP changes everywhere? Do they really see a possible uptick in new players from this? They could come up with some other gate to increase the time played on Allied Races.

  8. #8

    Default

    Nevermind...
    Last edited by Pocahuntess : 01-22-2018 at 07:26 PM

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pocahuntess View Post
    I am baffled! Where is Blizzard heading with these XP changes everywhere? Do they really see a possible uptick in new players from this? They could come up with some other gate to increase the time played on Allied Races.
    All new players get one boost as part of the most current expansion. This only impacts people who want multiple leveled characters. Specifically, making allied races rarer. It doesn't necessarily presage any new sale items. The first few alts, the speed isn't a big deal, it's "new" content. But repeating the same content over and over gets stale for those who want many alts. It seems fairly obvious that this is a coordinated change. Slower leveling is a desired goal and the obvious reason is allied races.

  10. #10

    Default

    Well that’s just effing great.

    i should have pulled the trigger: had been playing with just two raf accounts while I worked out my boxing setups. Last time I got this close they got rid of /follow in battlegrounds.

    So I guess I’m the problem - whenever I get the free time to finally dedicate to multiboxing they nerf some aspect of it.

    But I can look at the bright side, I won’t be dropping a bunch of money on the game for the other 3 accounts and I only paid one month in advance for the second account. More money for Beer!

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •