Close
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Showing results 41 to 50 of 150
  1. #41

    Default

    What i'd do is broadcast target -> shift+click on broadcast list to target with the characters using video feeds -> press hotkeys for engaging drones/firing guns by moving cursor over video feeds. takes up to 10 seconds to launch drones for 10 characters, after that it takes 3-4 seconds to have them all locking up then you engage so yeah its not as effective if you take launching drones into the account but after that its not bad at all. running 10 arty canes would be easy enough, just have them locking new targets while you are waiting for guns to cycle. So for drone assist pve its fine and for pvp i could see some setups still being doable ( heavy tank ships with only 1-2 offensive modules )

    this of course requires a high amount of videofeeds.
    Last edited by Alzuule : 11-25-2014 at 07:55 PM

  2. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alzuule View Post
    What i'd do is broadcast target -> shift+click on broadcast list to target with the characters using video feeds -> press hotkeys for engaging drones/firing guns by moving cursor over video feeds. takes up to 10 seconds to launch drones for 10 characters, after that it takes 3-4 seconds to have them all locking up then you engage so yeah its not as effective if you take launching drones into the account but after that its not bad at all. running 10 arty canes would be easy enough, just have them locking new targets while you are waiting for guns to cycle. So for drone assist pve its fine and for pvp i could see some setups still being doable ( heavy tank ships with only 1-2 offensive modules )

    this of course requires a high amount of videofeeds.
    The underlined and bolded part qualifies as bannable. You'll have to launch manually and assist drones manually, on every character.

    Offtopic @Carbs:
    I have not attempted any instances or raids yet--Presently level 99 with my 15 Druids. So, I can't definitively tell you yes. I can, however, say that I would gladly shell out $300-400 a month to experience what I've experienced so far with WoD. Everything about it, to me, is superlative: The zones are gorgeous and well thought-out. The rare mobs are awesome. The quests all tell a story. All the stories tie together from zone to zone. This is the first time I find myself reading all the quest text.

    Also, I don't want to jinx it, but world pvp so far with my druids has been spectacular. I play on a lopsided server (Kiljaeden Horde, 1:99) and I can chainsaw through people nonstop, everywhere. No flying is huge when you're looking for fights.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."
    _________________________________________

  3. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinotnoir View Post
    Mosg2 you think multiboxing pve 5 toons in that new expansion is worth it?
    'worth it' is completely subjective friend.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

  4. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    Offtopic @Carbs:
    I have not attempted any instances or raids yet--Presently level 99 with my 15 Druids. So, I can't definitively tell you yes. I can, however, say that I would gladly shell out $300-400 a month to experience what I've experienced so far with WoD. Everything about it, to me, is superlative: The zones are gorgeous and well thought-out. The rare mobs are awesome. The quests all tell a story. All the stories tie together from zone to zone. This is the first time I find myself reading all the quest text.
    I'm at lvl 100 on a solo hunter, and honestly this is the least "grindy" expansion I have experienced so far. The questing wasn't too bad, and gearing up doesn't take nearly as long if you get lucky and score good drops from the strongboxes. Too bad they nerfed the honor in Ashran though, I hope they fix it soon.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

  5. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    The underlined and bolded part qualifies as bannable. You'll have to launch manually and assist drones manually, on every character.
    wrong, its only bannable if im using broadcasting to multiple clients which i would not be :-) and where did i say anything about not doing it manually? you dont have to assist drones since you can use the f key for example to engage drones like if it was a f1 slotted gun. So spam f while moving your cursor across a rack of video feeds to make drones engage. And launching drones is as easy as dragging drones in bay to drones in space if using only 1 kind of drones which you can afford to with gilas.

    in any case im not saying it will be anywhere as viable as it is now, actually im very much considering just doing cap escalations come january and pvping one 1-2 toons only at a time.
    Last edited by Alzuule : 11-25-2014 at 08:33 PM

  6. #46

    Default

    just attempted to remake my incursion fleet from broadcast > > > dashboard setup, idk what i'm doing wrong but i'm getting a lot of lag

  7. #47
    Member Ughmahedhurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North of The Wall, South of The Line
    Posts
    7123

    Default

    I can already easily imagine playing a 5-7-box EVE fleet pretty painlessly under the new rules using ISBoxer video feeds, click bars, etc. Sure, it won't be as easy as it used to be but if you can stand a slower pace (directly proportional to the number of accounts you're trying to micromanage) then ISBoxer will still make it a very doable thing. If you're trying to do VGs the way I was watching a group do them the other night where seconds count, then you probably won't be able to do them with as many ships, or it'll take better coordination and different choices as others have noted above.

    Rest assured, this is only going to make ISBoxer more popular with people playing multiple accounts, not less.

    I was going to make a snarky comment suggesting the sky-is-falling-I-quit people log off until the adults could sort things out and post faceroll guides again but I figure that would be redundant, counterproductive, and borderline trolling.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

  8. #48

    Default

    call me stupid but, what is multiplexing?

    on the side, macro keys to do actions on single client still good right?

  9. #49

    Default

    apparently multiplexing is the same as multibroadcasting but with hardware instead of software ( isboxer is software )

  10. #50

    Default

    Input Automation

    Input Automation refers to actions that are commonly also referred to as botting or macroing. This term is used to describe, but is not limited to, the automation of actions which have consequences in the EVE universe.

    Input Broadcasting & Input Multiplexing

    Input Broadcasting and Input Multiplexing refer to the multiplication of inputs, actions and events to multiple instances of the game.
    The way I read this any function of Isboxer that sends a click to a different client will now be illegal. So multi step macros, clicking video effects all fall under that. Now if they say it's ok to send clicks to clients from another client then maybe there is a work around. That's how I understand the new ban.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

Tags for this Thread

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •