Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Multiboxologist MiRai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Winter Is Coming
    Posts
    6824

    Default ArcheAge Founder's Packs Available

    Not sure if anyone's looking forward to this game, and while the packs have been available for 48 hours now, I just got the e-mail. The game is a Korean MMO, but Trion is helping release an English version of it (no idea if that includes Europe or not). I've also no idea if multiboxing is allowed, let alone feasible, in this game.

    http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/...now-available/

    http://www.archeagegame.com/en/shop/
    Last edited by MiRai : 04-26-2014 at 11:42 PM Reason: Apostrophe

  2. #2

    Default

    That looked like a really interesting game. Until I checked what the founder packs really were about ... there are credits you can buy with irl money to spend ingame, then there are some sort of disenchanting tokens again available with irl money, and some teleporting tokens, same deal. Seems like the pinnacle of a pay to win game to me.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

  3. #3

    Default

    It may not be possible to multibox this game, so be aware before buying

    From Prepared, at http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.p...&t=5663#p26367
    There is a follow keybind in game. And there is a /target command. The follow keybind will work for a party or raid. From an multiboxing standpoint, the game can be multiboxed, however there is one big problem. XLGames made the game which is Korean based. They use Hackshield (Korean based) that is launched when the game launches
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

  4. #4

    Default

    Hackshield is causing a LOT of hassles for people and doesn't seem compatible with some antivirus programs.

    I wonder if Trion will ditch Hackshield for its release.
    Intel 3930k | Asus P9X79 LE | 16GB Ram | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti | 240gb SSD | 2x1TB Raid 0 | AMH A399U 40" 4K Monitor | Logitech G19| Zboard Fang Gamepad | Logitech G602 |

    SWToR - 2 box - Shadow and Sage - Shelved when Australian servers moved to the US.
    Everquest 2 - 4 box - Bruiser, Swashbuckler, Dirge and Warden - on sabbatical.
    Diablo 3 - 3 box - Barbarian, Monk and Crusader - got bored.
    Wildstar - 2 box - Stalker+Medic and Engineer+Spellslinger - punched out after the first month.

  5. #5
    Multiboxologist MiRai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Winter Is Coming
    Posts
    6824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    That looked like a really interesting game. Until I checked what the founder packs really were about ... there are credits you can buy with irl money to spend ingame, then there are some sort of disenchanting tokens again available with irl money, and some teleporting tokens, same deal. Seems like the pinnacle of a pay to win game to me.
    I agree that the whole 'credits' thing turns me off as well and I, personally, would approach this game with caution since I'm not a fan of P2W.

    Quote Originally Posted by pox67 View Post
    Hackshield is causing a LOT of hassles for people and doesn't seem compatible with some antivirus programs.

    I wonder if Trion will ditch Hackshield for its release.
    Besides Lineage 2, I can't think of an Asian MMO that was popular in the U.S. (or was picked up by a well-known company and marketed to be popular in the U.S.) which kept its anti-hack software when it was brought here. Aion and TERA are two games from Korea that still use GameGuard in Korea, but neither game launched here with that terrible software. I would imagine that Trion won't use such software in the English version, but only those in the alpha or on the alpha forums can find out this information. /shrug

  6. #6

    Default

    P2W never really bothers me apart from being an indicator of a subpar game.
    I rarely ever get to max level and never PVP so don't care too much what other people do with their time in the game. As long as they aren't using teleporting harvest bots, ahem ESO...

    A bigger problem with Archeage at the moment is that it doesn't have mouse invert, well for me at least.

    I asked about Hackshield but I doubt they can give an answer at this point.
    Intel 3930k | Asus P9X79 LE | 16GB Ram | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti | 240gb SSD | 2x1TB Raid 0 | AMH A399U 40" 4K Monitor | Logitech G19| Zboard Fang Gamepad | Logitech G602 |

    SWToR - 2 box - Shadow and Sage - Shelved when Australian servers moved to the US.
    Everquest 2 - 4 box - Bruiser, Swashbuckler, Dirge and Warden - on sabbatical.
    Diablo 3 - 3 box - Barbarian, Monk and Crusader - got bored.
    Wildstar - 2 box - Stalker+Medic and Engineer+Spellslinger - punched out after the first month.

  7. #7

    Default

    I've been in the closed alpha since the Friends and Family stage (I got bro's that work at Trion). I've posed some tentative questions about Hackshield but have heard nothing back. Isboxer absolutely does not work currently. Other than that, the game is absolutely perfect for multiboxing. It has autofollow, it has the requirements for assisting, it has click to move (would make melee teams work fine because you will auto run into range/face the target to use a skill).

    I know that people CAN box this game with keyclone but I personally haven't run Keyclone since probably 2006 (before I found ISboxer) and after the ease of use and flexibility of ISboxer I don't think I could bring myself to work with Keyclone. If anyone does the legwork for keyclone though by all means post your settings up please! ;p

  8. #8

    Default

    I asked on the Alpha forums if Hackshield would in at release.
    Got a response that it is easy to circumvent and a lot of people complaining about it.

    There is a lot of rage on the forums about Hackshield. Just about anything on the computer can set it off. For me it was Webroot antivirus and the game would exit every 2 - 3 minutes. If I disable my AV it the game works fine.

    There are still quite a few bugs but if they got rid of Hackshield things would be much better. At the moment they are using an older code of the game so it is very ping dependent, living in Australia I have a bad ping so can't spam DPS skills as fast as others with low pings. This is apparently fixed in the Russian version though.

    I was pretty cranky by the time I finished fixing the crashes and got the game working last night but it all went away once I started playing. Can't put my finger on anything but the game just sucks you in. It is the little things like consumable drinks that are on barrels near NPCs, these give you a 30 second strength buff so you run much faster or fight much better. Little things that make the world feel really fleshed out. And I know I passed a lot of things that I want to go back and see what they do.
    Then my character levelled to 5 and I could open up a new class, I was an archer and then picked witch...so a bow wielding witch. I like it. And the skills all kind of work off each other. I had two bow skills, one that snared and if I use the second ability the snare is increased. I picked up a witch ability that works off the increased snare and roots and dots the mob.

    Being an old and jaded gamer I was surprised when I woke up early to play the game before work. And waking early for me is 5am as I leave at 6 for work!
    Intel 3930k | Asus P9X79 LE | 16GB Ram | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti | 240gb SSD | 2x1TB Raid 0 | AMH A399U 40" 4K Monitor | Logitech G19| Zboard Fang Gamepad | Logitech G602 |

    SWToR - 2 box - Shadow and Sage - Shelved when Australian servers moved to the US.
    Everquest 2 - 4 box - Bruiser, Swashbuckler, Dirge and Warden - on sabbatical.
    Diablo 3 - 3 box - Barbarian, Monk and Crusader - got bored.
    Wildstar - 2 box - Stalker+Medic and Engineer+Spellslinger - punched out after the first month.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pox67 View Post
    I asked on the Alpha forums if Hackshield would in at release.
    Got a response that it is easy to circumvent and a lot of people complaining about it.

    There is a lot of rage on the forums about Hackshield. Just about anything on the computer can set it off. For me it was Webroot antivirus and the game would exit every 2 - 3 minutes. If I disable my AV it the game works fine.

    There are still quite a few bugs but if they got rid of Hackshield things would be much better. At the moment they are using an older code of the game so it is very ping dependent, living in Australia I have a bad ping so can't spam DPS skills as fast as others with low pings. This is apparently fixed in the Russian version though.

    I was pretty cranky by the time I finished fixing the crashes and got the game working last night but it all went away once I started playing. Can't put my finger on anything but the game just sucks you in. It is the little things like consumable drinks that are on barrels near NPCs, these give you a 30 second strength buff so you run much faster or fight much better. Little things that make the world feel really fleshed out. And I know I passed a lot of things that I want to go back and see what they do.
    Then my character levelled to 5 and I could open up a new class, I was an archer and then picked witch...so a bow wielding witch. I like it. And the skills all kind of work off each other. I had two bow skills, one that snared and if I use the second ability the snare is increased. I picked up a witch ability that works off the increased snare and roots and dots the mob.

    Being an old and jaded gamer I was surprised when I woke up early to play the game before work. And waking early for me is 5am as I leave at 6 for work!
    Ya, it's fun. It's definitely a step in the right direction in the "themepark" style of games. The best description for it is probably "themebox" or "sandpark". I wish ships were handled differently though. I wish you could actually lose your ship if it was stolen or destroyed (not the blue print, so you could just go plunk down some more materials and build a new one without too much fuss).

    A few more changes need to come into the game. We've gotten some of the 1.0 version balance changes but not all of them. The biggest one IMO that needs to come next is the HP boost. Right now I run around with about 9k hp self buffed, I'm running basically the tankiest build in the game. Several guys in my guild can one shot me in the right circumstances. In 1.0 one of the changes KR has is roughly doubled HP with no increase in player DPS.

    The game is also not balanced in the slightest way around 1v1. Builds basically break down into very hard counters.

    The game is also pretty much broken down at this point to what class combinations work best. As an archer, your best builds are going to look like Archer/Shadowplay/Auramancy or maybe Battlerage. Lot of the classes have very specific primary support classes for synergy. Splitting magic and physical damage doesn't tend to work well late game due to stat requirements. One exception is Occultism which has very low magic attack modifiers and high base damage. So you can to an extent get away with stacking a physical DPS class with occultism since you can rely simply on the high base stats for occultism. Occultism however is more of a support role dealing mostly with disables and stuff like that versus raw damage output.

    For PvP, Auramancy is almost a must. It has your CC breaks and immunities. If you don't take Auramancy, Defense is a pretty important role for the passive defensive boosts it gives you. With TTK in PvP in this game, without CC breaks, or without defensive passives you're going to get gibbed by people. Even my build which runs Occultism, Auramancy and Defence I can get insta gibbed by a couple classes or just blown up through a single stun/knock down chain.

  10. #10

    Default

    archage is not going to be boxable me and prepared got a official lead gm response-
    Thank you for contacting us regarding ArcheAge.

    RIFT is an entirely different game and therefore has different policies. While we will not get into the specifics of why it is against policy, all you need to know is that it is, and any instances we find of someone multiboxing in ArcheAge will be actioned.

    If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing ArcheAge.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 05-12-2014 at 11:28 PM

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •