Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Post [Script] 1080P 5-Box Single / Dual Screen Scripts with Auto-Launch / Login

    Hello Everyone,
    Today I'm bringing to you a set of scripts for 1080p Resolution for both single monitor, and multi-monitor setups for 5-Man Boxing. Versatility and flexibility is one of the most major keys to controlling a multi-box setup accurately, and efficiently. Without having total control over your layout, and peace of mind with the ease to check on other characters, and make sure all's well things can get "hair-brained" really fast.

    After doing some searching for decent layouts i couldn't really find anything that I wanted to use that was in 1080p (weird, right?), so I started making my own for Dual monitor then figured "hey why not include a single monitor version with the same exact hotkeys/code so that it's easier in case someone's like me, and occasionally runs various setups just for the hell of it." So I did.

    All information regarding keybinds/setup/window placement/layout examples, etc. are within the scripts themselves. Excerpts from the scripts themselves can be found below:


    Current Functions inside of Scripts include:
    ¤ Automatic Login / Client Launch of five clients with the first one awaiting user input for Authenticators (because security matters, right?)
    ¤ Automatic Resizing / Placement
    ¤ Ability to un-rename your windows in case of accidental resize enabling you to re-run the rename thus presenting the ability to fix the layout.
    ¤ No Affinity settings ( I know that a LOT of people may disagree with this one, but everyone's computers are different. After all, how many of you are running a 48 core server out of your home? yeah...thought so.)
    ¤ Window Cycling - For those pesky quests where manual gathering isn't an option anymore. Swaps location of prompted window bringing it to the foreground/enlarging it and shrinking the old foreground window, and putting it in the vacant hole.
    ¤ No "B" hotkey - I can't understand why but for some reason my game keeps picking it up across all clients even while I'm in chat, so I just removed it. most people aren't going to have the same exact item in every bag slot anyways.


    Examples of the scripts "tutorial" sections, featuring information on their layouts:

    Single-Monitor Script excerpt:
    Code:
    //-----------------------------------------------------------
    //
    //         FUNCTION GUIDES & IMPORTANT INFORMATION
    //
    //
    //                LAYOUT INFORMATION
    //
    // Layout is Single Screen similar to diagram below:
    // *NOTE* The main screen is NOT 1920x1080 in order to give you a little room under the window for taskbar, etc.
    //       ___________________
    //      |                   |
    //      |       RIFT        |
    //      |        1          |
    //      |                   |
    //      |-------------------|
    //      | R2 | R3 | R4 | R5 |
    //      |____|____|____|____|
    //                            
    //-----------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------
    Multi-Monitor Script Excerpt

    Code:
    //-----------------------------------------------------------
    //
    //         FUNCTION GUIDES & IMPORTANT INFORMATION
    //
    //
    //                LAYOUT INFORMATION
    //
    // Layout is Multi Screen Concept similar to diagram below:
    // *NOTE* The main screen is NOT 1920x1080 in order to give you a little room under the window for taskbar, etc.
    // ___________________________________________________
    // |       |       |                |                |
    // | Rift2 | Rift3 |                |                |
    // |       |       |                |       NO       |
    // |-------|-------|     Rift1      |      Rift      |
    // |       |       |                |     Windows    |
    // | Rift4 | Rift5 |                |                |
    // |_______|_______|________________|________________|
    //   Left Monitor    Center Monitor   Right Monitor
    //                            
    //-----------------------------------------------------------
    As you can tell a lot of work and time was put into these scripts to make them 100% as easy to use as possible, and I'm sure that after you test them you'll find them to be a wonderful addition to your library.

    Scripts are uploaded as attachments due to character restrictions on posts.
    Thanks for your time, and I hope that you enjoy the scripts.
    Dracconus

    More functions / Scripts will be added to this thread at later times when I finish them / come up with new crazy ideas ( There are already a few in my mind)
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Member luxlunae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    1402
    Blog Entries
    36

    Default

    I'm not playing rift any more because of the jerks that populate it but I love when people share their setups! Good to have a base hotkey script if I ever let my isboxer sub lapse.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    I'm not playing rift any more because of the jerks that populate it but I love when people share their setups! Good to have a base hotkey script if I ever let my isboxer sub lapse.
    While I do agree that there has been an influx of jackasses into the game I fear that it's kind of a necessity to deal with the varying mental acuity of select sects when merged into an online virtual environment. Simply not playing a game due to the type of people that free to play presents itself to is just wrong in my opinion.
    Rift most definitely has its fair share of bugs, but it's a well polished game with a unique experience when put shoulder to shoulder with a LOT of the other mmo's that are out there today. The same way there are members of that community that are completely unbeneficial to the social environment there are others in various games other than rift. There is no avoiding the ignorance that is the culmination of social interaction, only whether you choose to allow it to culminate into a problem for your individual lifestyle.
    I like to think of the idiots/trolls/wannabe's/etards/elitests and other various groups of individuals that "put themselves on display for my entertainment" as just that: Entertainment - They're the laughing stock of the game, the class clowns in an otherwise null and void grey area. They're the life of the party, and the ones that provide us with the ability to laugh a little inside and think back to our pasts and think to ourselves "god I'm so glad I didn't end up like that."
    That's my take on it, obviously you have, and are welcome to your own; but I fear that you've done yourself a grave injustice by eradicating something that you indicate gave you a mild level of pleasure simply over the type of people that play it with you. There's an ignore function for a reason.
    If you should so ever change your mind and decide to play again please feel free to email, or PM me, and I'll give you my username/shard and a guild invite.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracconus View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    Today I'm bringing to you a set of scripts for 1080p Resolution for both single monitor, and multi-monitor setups for 5-Man Boxing. Versatility and flexibility is one of the most major keys to controlling a multi-box setup accurately, and efficiently. Without having total control over your layout, and peace of mind with the ease to check on other characters, and make sure all's well things can get "hair-brained" really fast.

    After doing some searching for decent layouts i couldn't really find anything that I wanted to use that was in 1080p (weird, right?), so I started making my own for Dual monitor then figured "hey why not include a single monitor version with the same exact hotkeys/code so that it's easier in case someone's like me, and occasionally runs various setups just for the hell of it." So I did.

    All information regarding keybinds/setup/window placement/layout examples, etc. are within the scripts themselves. Excerpts from the scripts themselves can be found below:


    Current Functions inside of Scripts include:
    ¤ Automatic Login / Client Launch of five clients with the first one awaiting user input for Authenticators (because security matters, right?)
    ¤ Automatic Resizing / Placement
    ¤ Ability to un-rename your windows in case of accidental resize enabling you to re-run the rename thus presenting the ability to fix the layout.
    ¤ No Affinity settings ( I know that a LOT of people may disagree with this one, but everyone's computers are different. After all, how many of you are running a 48 core server out of your home? yeah...thought so.)
    ¤ Window Cycling - For those pesky quests where manual gathering isn't an option anymore. Swaps location of prompted window bringing it to the foreground/enlarging it and shrinking the old foreground window, and putting it in the vacant hole.
    ¤ No "B" hotkey - I can't understand why but for some reason my game keeps picking it up across all clients even while I'm in chat, so I just removed it. most people aren't going to have the same exact item in every bag slot anyways.


    Examples of the scripts "tutorial" sections, featuring information on their layouts:

    Single-Monitor Script excerpt:
    Code:
    //-----------------------------------------------------------
    //
    //         FUNCTION GUIDES & IMPORTANT INFORMATION
    //
    //
    //                LAYOUT INFORMATION
    //
    // Layout is Single Screen similar to diagram below:
    // *NOTE* The main screen is NOT 1920x1080 in order to give you a little room under the window for taskbar, etc.
    //       ___________________
    //      |                   |
    //      |       RIFT        |
    //      |        1          |
    //      |                   |
    //      |-------------------|
    //      | R2 | R3 | R4 | R5 |
    //      |____|____|____|____|
    //                            
    //-----------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------
    Multi-Monitor Script Excerpt

    Code:
    //-----------------------------------------------------------
    //
    //         FUNCTION GUIDES & IMPORTANT INFORMATION
    //
    //
    //                LAYOUT INFORMATION
    //
    // Layout is Multi Screen Concept similar to diagram below:
    // *NOTE* The main screen is NOT 1920x1080 in order to give you a little room under the window for taskbar, etc.
    // ___________________________________________________
    // |       |       |                |                |
    // | Rift2 | Rift3 |                |                |
    // |       |       |                |       NO       |
    // |-------|-------|     Rift1      |      Rift      |
    // |       |       |                |     Windows    |
    // | Rift4 | Rift5 |                |                |
    // |_______|_______|________________|________________|
    //   Left Monitor    Center Monitor   Right Monitor
    //                            
    //-----------------------------------------------------------
    As you can tell a lot of work and time was put into these scripts to make them 100% as easy to use as possible, and I'm sure that after you test them you'll find them to be a wonderful addition to your library.

    Scripts are uploaded as attachments due to character restrictions on posts.
    Thanks for your time, and I hope that you enjoy the scripts.
    Dracconus

    More functions / Scripts will be added to this thread at later times when I finish them / come up with new crazy ideas ( There are already a few in my mind)

    help my characters run away on there own dunno what to do

  5. #5

    Default

    @Dracconus

    Thanks for posting the single monitor 5 box.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waterword View Post
    help my characters run away on there own dunno what to do
    Mine do that at times too. Just activate their window, and press the "W" key.
    It's an issue with multiple input and online games. You'll find in time that even some games regardless of being multiboxed or not will do this.
    From my personal experience it's an issue with lag. Although your characters are close together, it's because they're close together on your local network, NOT on the server's side of things. A common display of this type of lag is in Guild Wars 1. Back in the days of farming we had similar lag issues where we'd be halfway across a map, yet all of a sudden we'd "Glitch" back into a spot we were in nearly 45 seconds ago, and die. The reason was because the ping to the game server, for whatever reason, had spiked, thus our 3d model of our character continued running through the map that was stored client side, but once the position information was relayed from the server we'd "blink" back to where we actually were instead of where we saw ourselves to be.

  7. #7

    Default

    My apologies for the SUPER late response, by the way. It's been some time since I played Rift.

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •