Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Default blizzard authenticator help

    I just purchased an authenticator from Blizzard (haven't used it yet) for my Battlenet account and the instructions are for for one computer only. I have a few questions if you multiboxers don't mind answering.
    I have 5 accounts on my Battlenet account;

    1. If I run each account on its own computer (5 computers) do I have to plug in the authenticator on each computer every single time I run the game or is it a one shot deal until i move to a different IP address?

    2. Can I use the authenticator on more than one computer? Or will it block me or something if I try?

    3. How do you other multiboxers use an authenticator on multiple computers or any suggestions that might help?

    Every thing i read about using authenticators on this site usually only covers one computer, I use 5 computers. Just didn't want to try the authenticator and get locked out of the game for doing something wrong using it. Trying to contact Blizzard is a pain in the butt and takes hours IF you ever get thru their lines being busy or backed up.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shadowlord633 View Post
    I just purchased an authenticator from Blizzard (haven't used it yet) for my Battlenet account and the instructions are for for one computer only. I have a few questions if you multiboxers don't mind answering.
    I have 5 accounts on my Battlenet account;

    1. If I run each account on its own computer (5 computers) do I have to plug in the authenticator on each computer every single time I run the game or is it a one shot deal until i move to a different IP address?

    simple a: no only once

    There is a opt to have it like this every time you log in but it does not ask for the code all the time. (if it does log in with code and then the others login without it.)


    2. Can I use the authenticator on more than one computer? Or will it block me or something if I try?

    ​yes that is fine one account only though!.

    3. How do you other multiboxers use an authenticator on multiple computers or any suggestions that might help

    Never had a prob changing pc>laptop>2nd pc all used the code all saved the code for a few days as long as something does not change on pc.


    Every thing i read about using authenticators on this site usually only covers one computer, I use 5 computers. Just didn't want to try the authenticator and get locked out of the game for doing something wrong using it. Trying to contact Blizzard is a pain in the butt and takes hours IF you ever get thru their lines being busy or backed up.


    IF you use the SMS service then you can remove a authenticator with a code sent to you phone if you lose it. if you still have a item there very easy to remove just enter two codes not a big deal.

    posted stuff at the top.

    off topic who uses 5 pc's now a days seems a waste off power




  3. #3

    Default

    thx Ebony I don't have a pc that can run all of them, but i think i can drop down to 2 pcs, working on it

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shadowlord633 View Post
    thx Ebony I don't have a pc that can run all of them, but i think i can drop down to 2 pcs, working on it
    i would sign up for SMS support as well in-case you do get locked out its a lot easier then phoning them. not that it should happen if your using same ip from the same place.

    I once logged in from my vpn at my data center and i got locked out as blizzard was like how can you be in France and the UK at the same time. in a few secs off each other.




  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Calgary, AB and Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    7636
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    I generally broadcast to log into the game.

    If I get a prompt to enter an authentication code, I'll turn off broadcast.
    And then enter it on only the main window.

    That gets the main window to the character select.

    Once there, I enable broadcasting.
    And press Escape.
    That cancels the authentication window on each of the slaves.
    And sends the main window back to entering passwords.

    At which point, with broadcasting still enabled...
    I enter the password again.
    And it does not prompt me for authentication on any window.

    Once you enter authentication, you don't need to again for a while.
    If I play D3, for the first time in a week or so, it will prompt me for a code.
    If I box for the first time in a week or so, again it wants a code.
    If I log on from my Dad's place, it wants the code... but that's a different IP address.
    If I take four or five days off from Blizzard stuff, it will want a code when I play again.
    When I box daily, or otherwise play regularly... it almost never wants a code.

    You can enable an option to always require the authentication, with every log in, if you like.
    That is more of a hassle, but also more security for your account.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

    My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa


  6. #6
    Member JohnGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle Washington, USA
    Posts
    2217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    [..snip..]
    Once you enter authentication, you don't need to again for a while.
    If I play D3, for the first time in a week or so, it will prompt me for a code.
    If I box for the first time in a week or so, again it wants a code.
    If I log on from my Dad's place, it wants the code... but that's a different IP address.
    If I take four or five days off from Blizzard stuff, it will want a code when I play again.
    When I box daily, or otherwise play regularly... it almost never wants a code.

    You can enable an option to always require the authentication, with every log in, if you like.
    That is more of a hassle, but also more security for your account.
    One thing it doesn't do is check per computer. Like if you play on your computer then play on your wife's computer, it wont ask you to enter it, I think it should even though IP address is the same. (but havent tried since they first started)

    Only other complaint about Blizzard security is the passwords are not case sensitive.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Calgary, AB and Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    7636
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Yeah, I don't think they've ever been case sensitive.

    That was one major surprise, coming from Everquest.
    Reduced security, in a game released later.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

    My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa


  8. #8

    Default

    thanks everyone for all the input Before i combined all my accounts I got hacked a few times and now I figured since all my accounts are now tied to one battlenet account I have so much to loose now. Now that I have over 30 characters over level 80 hopefully an authenticator will save me from any future losses

  9. #9

    Default

    Wow... I finally was able to get into my original account. Been here a while as every one can see

  10. #10

    Default

    I log in from different IP addresses all the time and never have any problems in conjunction with the authenticator. I did a long time ago before they changed the way it works now. My acct was hacked once before (prior to having the authenticator)
    ..... s l o w l y getting there

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •