Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11

    Default

    General Husam - A lot of gathering all my guys up and moving. Stay away from the mines. They are yellow disks he drops on the ground that explode in suckiness. They have a decent delay before exploding, so I just round all my guys up and move someplace clear. Same thing after he pins someone on the post. Shockwave has a long delay and an effect where you can see where it will go off. It moves out in an X from him. Just gather everyone up and move them between the little rumbling smoke clouds that indicate the path of Shockwave.
    Did this other day, I was pathetic. my 3 mages and holy priest, fiance on his pally tank, we know the encounter very well, just the damn toons was bounced around, thrown into walls, others on mines, oh what a nightmare it was.

    I cannot even imagine how you amazing boxers do an encounter like that fully solo x 5.

    Overwhelming!!... I know my set up at the moment is alot of the issue in how I box, being new and learning so much from the wonderful community on here with some patience, tweaking, I will get there too in time.

    But we got it down, took oh I dont remember how many wipes, was not pleased with how we downed it as well, all toons were level 83 except priest was 84.

    High Prophet Barim - Phase1 - DPS until you see the glowy beam on the ground....move away from the beam. Phase2, He'll suck everyone, stun, then spit out shadow versions of your team. Gather everyone up and get them away from his dome of owie.
    Could not down this 1.... my toons got caughtin the beam too often, losing 1 toon most of the time before next phase hurt alot, getting better at this 1 so should get it soon.

  2. #12

    Default

    still looking for tips on heroics. I am able to clear bosses 2,3 but blocked at boss 1 (general husam) in heroics.

    any tips,strats,fraps would be most appreciated. thanks!

  3. #13
    Rated Arena Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Budapest Hungary
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dragoneye View Post
    still looking for tips on heroics. I am able to clear bosses 2,3 but blocked at boss 1 (general husam) in heroics.

    any tips,strats,fraps would be most appreciated. thanks!
    I'd say there is a fair amount of luck involved in this fight, but as you keep practicing you'll notice it gets easier and easier to dodge the bombs.

    What I generally do on my 4 ret pala + DK team is always try to stay together in front of the boss. I'd not go as far as saying its a safe spot, but I very rarely see bombs land on top of my team.

    When he is casting those rocky spikes in 4 direction, thats a really good time to try and regroup if your team got scattered.

    The rest is pretty much strafing and backing away from bombs. As I said earlier practice and luck helps a lot.

    Here is a totally unedited video of me doing the fight today as part of the random daily heroic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fh3ulFMfaQ

    Hope this helps!
    Kaat/Laat/Maat <Forte>@EU-Boulderfist(very old team)
    CalebX/CalebY/CalebZ/CalebW@EU-Tarren Mill(rank1 in 5v5 )(shaman pvp team)
    Maata/Maatb/Maatc/Maatd@EU-Tarren Mill(old pala pve team)
    Calebpa/Calebhu/Calebhh/Calebhg/Calebd@EU-Draenor(current pve team)
    CalebV<Ensidia>@EU-Tarren Mill (quit hardcore PvE)

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maat View Post
    I'd say there is a fair amount of luck involved in this fight, but as you keep practicing you'll notice it gets easier and easier to dodge the bombs.

    What I generally do on my 4 ret pala + DK team is always try to stay together in front of the boss. I'd not go as far as saying its a safe spot, but I very rarely see bombs land on top of my team.

    When he is casting those rocky spikes in 4 direction, thats a really good time to try and regroup if your team got scattered.

    The rest is pretty much strafing and backing away from bombs. As I said earlier practice and luck helps a lot.

    Here is a totally unedited video of me doing the fight today as part of the random daily heroic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fh3ulFMfaQ

    Hope this helps!
    it did! after watching your video, i realized that i was strafing too early but instead (since i use pal+4shammies) i should wait when the bombs are about to activate and then just nature swiftness and chain heal my way out while following my tank. I also saw how you regrouped during shockwave. in the end, thanks for the vid and it helped me finally clear this one!
    http://5box.blog.com <screenies here. thanks!>

  5. #15

    Default

    I am still struggling to kill him on my mixed team. What do you use to regroup during the shockwave? Sometimes I see like you're using IWT and other follow your main...

  6. #16
    Rated Arena Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Budapest Hungary
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janus View Post
    I am still struggling to kill him on my mixed team. What do you use to regroup during the shockwave? Sometimes I see like you're using IWT and other follow your main...
    It depends on the situation:

    If I see that the loose clone would walk over mines if it were to follow the main, then I just use IWT, otherwise I always try to regroup by using follow on the main. I think the key on him is to try to keep your team as together as possible.
    Kaat/Laat/Maat <Forte>@EU-Boulderfist(very old team)
    CalebX/CalebY/CalebZ/CalebW@EU-Tarren Mill(rank1 in 5v5 )(shaman pvp team)
    Maata/Maatb/Maatc/Maatd@EU-Tarren Mill(old pala pve team)
    Calebpa/Calebhu/Calebhh/Calebhg/Calebd@EU-Draenor(current pve team)
    CalebV<Ensidia>@EU-Tarren Mill (quit hardcore PvE)

  7. #17

    Default

    I'm wondering, I was able to clear this dungeon on Heroic without killing the first boss.
    Did Blizzard change the dungeon to release siamat only after killing General Husam?
    Kul Tiras - EU: [A] Prot Pala +3x Shaman + Mage @ 110
    Lots of others around 85

  8. #18

    Default

    Got this down tonight after leaving after a few wipes on the first boss to rework dps macros.

    First boss is just a bitch, killed him with all shaman dead and my pally on 31k hps (142 max) with all cooldowns blown and don't think I'd have done that if I hadn't gotten off a fire ele with my last shaman so any advice on him would be appreciated. I have watched Ex's vid from here and it helped but I'm still having trouble with the mines.

    Lockmaw was a one-shot though I did lose one shaman from not moving around enough and letting Augh whirlwin hit me while crocs were there too.

    Third boss was an easy one shot if you watch for the beam.

    Siamat was a wipe on the first attempt due to having everyone following me and thus getting hit by lots of swirls. Second attempt I left all the shaman off on the edge and just went out to mobs with pally, went a lot smoother but was worried about getting flung off the edge. I have a feeling I was lucky not to as one shaman was right on one of the edge but popping hero and ele's pretty much secured it, though it did seem a touch closer than it should have been due to the consume clouds ability. Is there any way to stop this or should I be kiting Siamat around more? I never really have worried about that in a solo group so not sure.

    [EDIT]

    I wonder if 4 healing rains would be enough to cover the damage taken from a mine or two? If so it would make the fight less movement intensive than it is currently.
    Last edited by Knytestorme : 03-26-2012 at 12:02 AM

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Knytestorme View Post
    Got this down tonight after leaving after a few wipes on the first boss to rework dps macros.

    First boss is just a bitch, killed him with all shaman dead and my pally on 31k hps (142 max) with all cooldowns blown and don't think I'd have done that if I hadn't gotten off a fire ele with my last shaman so any advice on him would be appreciated. I have watched Ex's vid from here and it helped but I'm still having trouble with the mines.

    Lockmaw was a one-shot though I did lose one shaman from not moving around enough and letting Augh whirlwin hit me while crocs were there too.

    Third boss was an easy one shot if you watch for the beam.

    Siamat was a wipe on the first attempt due to having everyone following me and thus getting hit by lots of swirls. Second attempt I left all the shaman off on the edge and just went out to mobs with pally, went a lot smoother but was worried about getting flung off the edge. I have a feeling I was lucky not to as one shaman was right on one of the edge but popping hero and ele's pretty much secured it, though it did seem a touch closer than it should have been due to the consume clouds ability. Is there any way to stop this or should I be kiting Siamat around more? I never really have worried about that in a solo group so not sure.

    [EDIT]

    I wonder if 4 healing rains would be enough to cover the damage taken from a mine or two? If so it would make the fight less movement intensive than it is currently.
    I am running a different team than you are (4DK and Priest) but here are some tips that I have used to help with this instance:

    General Husam
    People talk about the mines having a long delay so that they are easily avoided by moving the team, but I personally think that they have a short delay, or at least a medium delay. In any case, avoiding the mines and the ground spikes is essential. You need to be able to move your team out of the mines as soon as they appear (if they are close to your team). I personally find it is easiest to keep the team grouped (although his occasional "throwing" of a character is annoying and spreads the team out). I would suggest having a way for your Shaman to regroup after a "throw". As far as the ground spikes go, I believe that Husam stays put while the cloud graphic is active so use that time to collect your team together in an area that doesn't have mines or the cloud effect and the prepare for Husam to run back to your tank.

    Lockmaw
    I usually pull him to the entrance of the building he appears to be protecting and tank him on the top step. This allows for 2 things: 1, the adds tend to stick to the tank and 2, Augh has a much further travel path so he is far less likely to do significant AoE damage to your team.

    High Prophet Barim
    Easysauce

    Siamat
    I usually kill him without too much trouble. Here is what I use from a strategy standpoint: I first aggro Siamat with the tank and then wait for him to spawn a Servant of Siamat. After the spawn, I get aggro on the Servant and watch for the white swirly-thing to appear. When it appears, I move the characters that are inside the swirly-thing and then continue to DPS the Servant until it's dead. I generally tend to ignore the Minions. When the third Servant appears, I try to tank him near Siamat to ensure that there is minimal risk of having a character thrown off of the platform when the Servant dies and the next phase begins. When Siamat stops throwing your team around, it really becomes a simple tank-n-spank DPS race. I ignore the Minions (again!) and just DPS him down.

    Hope that helps.
    World of Warcraft - Bronzebeard (Horde)
    Primary team - 4 Blood DK, Disc Priest (110, ilvl 880-ish)

  10. #20
    Member valkry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Port Hedland, Australia
    Posts
    1976

    Default

    Thanks to this thread i gave this thread a try and managed to 1 shot the bosses, including 5x headed south achv on Siamat which I was very happy with.

    The first boss I just nuked and did 1 little strafe during shock wave, every 20 seconds or so i would do 2-3 healing surges on each shammy. And I would click to the wow window that gets thrown and just rotate that char's aim to the boss. 384 ilvl on my shams though so it really was a case of overgearing it. I did try and move out of the mines though the 2nd time through, and though dmg taken went way down, the boss fight took 15 seconds longer so cbf lol.

    Sorry if that sounds a little arrogant
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer


Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •