Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Too many macros...

Im not to this point yet but I can see getting there so this is a preemptive/theoretical/academic question...

My current main is an undead Prot Warrior in a T6 raiding guild and between all of my abilities and the macros I have for stance dancing, targeting, in & out of combat abilities, and general tom-foolery Ive used nearly all of the keys on my G15 and approx 20 macros. Where in the hell do you keep all of the macros to make multiple toons work? If I have 18 for the account and then 18 per toon that only leaves me with a maximum of 36 total macros, but probably its more realistic to guess at 24 per character on a given account. That just doesn't seem like enough.

Should I start saving pennies for an X-Keys set up or do I just need to learn to write more multi-function macros?

I'm not quite there yet myself, but I'm getting close.

You can keep two copies of the macro file (files?), one for solo and one for boxing. Just replace the file in the game directory with the one you want before you start the game. You might even extend this to the entire WTF directory to have different key bindings and action bar layouts.

You could move to Trinity Bars 2... this allows you to put macros directly on the button bars
    [align=center]AeineiA AeineiB AeneiC AenieD AeineiX
    All your soul are belong to us
    "They can't be bargained with. They can't be reasoned with. They don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead"
    The Wiki is your Friend
    [/align]

Quote Originally Posted by 'Djarid',index.php?page=Thread&postID=49877#post49 877
    You could move to Trinity Bars 2... this allows you to put macros directly on the button bars
    I highly recommend this. Practically no limit to number of macros, and I haven't hit the max limit for macro length, either. (I even choreographed a "Constantinople" macro in which my team sings the song while dancing)

Quote Originally Posted by 'Tehtsuo',index.php?page=Thread&postID=49888#post4 9888
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Djarid',index.php?page=Thread&postID=49877#post49 877
    I highly recommend this. Practically no limit to number of macros, and I haven't hit the max limit for macro length, either. (I even choreographed a "Constantinople" macro in which my team sings the song while dancing)
    Ok, we are both on TUB so Ive got to catch up with you to see that. :thumbsup:

This no longer applies:
    Okay... so I've got Trinity Bars 2... I see no where that lets me have more macros or extra long macros... where is this feature and how does one access it in game?

TIA for your help.
    So I found where you do that but I get an error:
    Interface\FrameXML\SecureStateDriver.lua:134: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
    Soooo... is it borked?

Inimicus: Catch up with me while I'm entertaining next to the Orgrimmar AH, I'll gladly tap my macro for ya.

IT Monkey: Click on the Trinity minimap button, and then click on the bottom button that drops out. Next, right click a button on your bar, and it will change types. If it doesn't already, right click till it says "Macro". Then you should see a place in the config pane for you to type the contents of your macro. This macro will not use one of your macro slots in the macro menu, and it seems to have no max length. (My constantinople macro has 18 lines, for example)