Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 20 of 20

Quote Originally Posted by 'phara',index.php?page=Thread&postID=140983#post14 0983
    Actually something much more simple appears to work ... I just tested this:

Code:
    /castsequence [nomod] reset=target Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt, 
    /castsequence [nomod,target=phara] reset=target ,,Healing Wave
    And the net effect was my shaman would cast 2x LB on his target, then cast 1x healing wave on me, and repeat.
    Extra commas FTW !!! Basically the comma on the end of the first /castsequence lets it "do nothing" on the third sequence. The first two commas in the second /castsequence let's it "do nothing" the first 2 times and then fire on the third time thru. This methodology keeps the two commands from stepping on each other and giving you a "spell not ready" error message.

Very nice!!! :thumbsup:
    Kilrogg-US:
    2x80 shammies (robshammya/robshammyb), 80 druid/80 rogue (Anglesey/Whatchadoo), 80 Hunter/80 Shammy(Huntrchic/Crynomoor), 2x81 pallys(Robpallya/Robpallyb)

Quote Originally Posted by 'robtest',index.php?page=Thread&postID=140989#post 140989

Quote Originally Posted by 'phara',index.php?page=Thread&postID=140983#post14 0983
    Actually something much more simple appears to work ... I just tested this:

Code:
    And the net effect was my shaman would cast 2x LB on his target, then cast 1x healing wave on me, and repeat.
    Extra commas FTW !!! Basically the comma on the end of the first /castsequence lets it "do nothing" on the third sequence. The first two commas in the second /castsequence let's it "do nothing" the first 2 times and then fire on the third time thru. This methodology keeps the two commands from stepping on each other and giving you a "spell not ready" error message.

Very nice!!! :thumbsup:
    Hmm actually it's doing lb,heal,lb,heal ... thought I was getting the 2x lb. It worked great for hungarfen, but for trash it's too much healing. My only thought at this point is whilst I spam the button while LB is casting it's causing the macro to drop through to the second sequence, then it's consuming the commas and waiting for GCD to cast heal. I'll keep at it and see if I can get it to do the 2x (or more) LB between the heals.

Quote Originally Posted by 'phara',index.php?page=Thread&postID=140992#post14 0992
    My only thought at this point is whilst I spam the button while LB is casting it's causing the macro to drop through to the second sequence, then it's consuming the commas and waiting for GCD to cast heal
    This "another action is in progress" causes it to drop through to the next line. So this approach will work if you just want to do dps,heal,dps.heal ... but you can't get any more complex than that. It's working ok for me on bosses now (coilfang and just starting auch instances), but it would be nice to have 2 dps spells in there.

I played with it a bit. If you spam it fast, it never does a heal. ;(

Here is my current one:

/assist focus
    /castrandom [target=focus] lesser healing wave,,
    /castrandom [harm] lightning bolt(rank 1), earth shock, lightning bolt, chain lightning,,,,
    /startattack

You can play with the commas on the end, or swap the order of harm/heal to fine tune it to your liking...

to go with my melee:

/targetenemy [noexists, harm]
    /cast stormstrike
    /startattack
    /castrandom [exists,harm] lightning bolt, frost shock, chain lightning,,,

Kilrogg-US:
    2x80 shammies (robshammya/robshammyb), 80 druid/80 rogue (Anglesey/Whatchadoo), 80 Hunter/80 Shammy(Huntrchic/Crynomoor), 2x81 pallys(Robpallya/Robpallyb)

Yeah, you won't be able to spam it unless you "pad" the empty spots. I was thinking about that myself. :P
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Thank you so much for this I think this is going to make things alot easier once I eventually get into 10 mans with 2 other buddies of mine.

using something like

Code:

How does this actually execute? You spam it seems to go back to 1 lightning bolt 1 heal. Does every press of the button advance both cast sequence at the same time (not actually b/c the first sequence is casting something and the 2nd isn't).

Also what is the reset=target part doing?

Correct me If I am wrong but you could spam this if you got the commas correct due to how many times you spam the button.
    [spoiler][/spoiler]Shaone,Shatwo,Shathree,Shafour,Shafive
    <Zero Tolerance>
    Level: 70
    Server: Azgalor
    Race: Orc / Blood Elf

Quote Originally Posted by 'Schwarz',index.php?page=Thread&postID=141081#post 141081
    Thank you so much for this I think this is going to make things alot easier once I eventually get into 10 mans with 2 other buddies of mine.

using something like

Code:

How does this actually execute? You spam it seems to go back to 1 lightning bolt 1 heal. Does every press of the button advance both cast sequence at the same time (not actually b/c the first sequence is casting something and the 2nd isn't).

Also what is the reset=target part doing?

Correct me If I am wrong but you could spam this if you got the commas correct due to how many times you spam the button.

My understanding is that if you actually take your time and let the spells fully cast... the first button push should give you a lightning bolt, then the Global Cooldown(GC) won't be up, so the second sequence won't fire, then on the second go round, you get another lightning bolt, and again "GC" isn't up so the second one doesn't fire. The third time thru, the first sequence actually executes the "do nothing" (that is the comma with nothing after it), so the "GC" is still valid allowing the second cast sequence to fire the Healing Wave.

My problem is that I am using KeyClone and I am spamming it rather hard to get my melee shammy in front to do his thing, so I don't get smooth transitions using this methodology...

The reset=target basically resets the macro back to start when you change targets (ie. kill the target and go on to the next one).
    Kilrogg-US:

Quote Originally Posted by 'robtest',index.php?page=Thread&postID=141112#post 141112
    My understanding is that if you actually take your time and let the spells fully cast... the first button push should give you a lightning bolt, then the Global Cooldown(GC) won't be up, so the second sequence won't fire, then on the second go round, you get another lightning bolt, and again "GC" isn't up so the second one doesn't fire. The third time thru, the first sequence actually executes the "do nothing" (that is the comma with nothing after it), so the "GC" is still valid allowing the second cast sequence to fire the Healing Wave.
    This is how it does work ... if you only press the button after the current spell is finished casting it will do the 2x lb, 1x heal. But that of course doesn't work for most of us because we spam
    It's really just coincidental that it works at all to do 1lb, 1 heal. The first castsequence stops executing if the spell cannot be cast without advancing the sequence, then the macro drops to the next line, where it consumes the commas because they don't use a GCD, leaving the first sequence with 1 more lb to cast still and the second sequence with a heal ready to cast. Spamming it fast enough makes it drop through to the heal just due to timing.

Btw. I stumbled across an addon called Macro Sequencer , which should also easily do this!
    Has anybody tried the addon, or know somethings about it?
    OLIPCS - ordinary life is pretty complex stuff
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Pala, Priest, Druid, Hunter, Mage
    Focusless Targetless Leaderless - Wiki
    HotKeyNet - Guide

I downloaded and tried this when I was looking for a way around the 255 characters limits in WoW macro. Honestly, I gave up quite quickly. I really didn't find it easy (granted I'm not good at macros and all these things).

I use /click now, and I'm very happy with it.