Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Instance Quest Guide for Boxers (what would you like?)

Im putting together a leveling guide for xBoxers that will be for the most part just instances and their quests. WowHead can be great for listing quests per zones/dungeons, however, I also want to know if a quest has one of the following attributes...

Required for Full Clear
    Class Quest
    Chain Quest
    Starts Inside Instance
    Collection or Mob Drops
    Completed just Outside Instance
    Twink Reward

Essentially, anything that programaticly cannot be flagged or determined. Some of us are PVP boxers and want to make sure we get the twnk rewards, some of us may want to skip instance quests that require gathering (like Serpentbloom).

Anyway, let me know what you guys would like. So far I have the list above as well as the link to wowhead, quest name, fction and instance. The end result being a web page that is sortable by these attributes. At the same time this is matrixed with instances and the appropriate levels to start them and how many times you would need to run them.
    Magtheridon (US PVP)
    7s = IProtU, IRenewU, IBurnU, IScorchU, ICurseYou
    <The Zerg>

I think something that would be important in these kinda guides is some explanation about slave placement, and possible problems with certain abilities that could cause alot of problems. (Think of Conflageration type things or seed of corruption from npc's)
    SingleHelix, DoubleHelix, TrippleHelix, QuadHelix, Sandaleth(70) (4x Shaman 1 x Paladin)
    Current level : 70

Currently on hold : Sandalith(40), Sandaloth(40), Sandaluth(70), Sandalath(40)
    http://lorune.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 'Lorune',index.php?page=Thread&postID=95179#post95 179
    I think something that would be important in these kinda guides is some explanation about slave placement, and possible problems with certain abilities that could cause alot of problems. (Think of Conflageration type things or seed of corruption from npc's)
    Good idea! I think what would be needed is a site where boxers or anyone for that matter can add their own strategy for boss's. For one individual to write them in the context that you discussed it would require them to have knowledge of many different class's and 5 boxing class combos.
    Magtheridon (US PVP)
    <The Zerg>

Please don't let this idea die!!!

I'd love to see this come true!

Quote Originally Posted by 'phetish',index.php?page=Thread&postID=96514#post9 6514
    Please don't let this idea die!!!

I'd love to see this come true!
    Good to know theres support. I did find something similar, but it was only for non 5 man boss's and the site was an absolute mess. I'm shocked wowhead or wowdb hasnt done this yet. Something where strategies can be modded up and down, the same goes with talents. There is always so much discussion about talents and how they compare to eachother for their various purposes. But nothing exists that I know of to facilite all this, anyone know of such a resource?
    Magtheridon (US PVP)
    <The Zerg>

I did find this for talent comparrison. Looks well built, except for the the spam bot that hit their commenting system, ouch!
    http://talentcalculator.merciless-gi...show=templates

Anyway, one for instances/boss's would be better. Being able to flag each user submitted guide as 5box, normal, solo etc as well would be great. Lots of ideas running through my head as usuall.
    Magtheridon (US PVP)
    <The Zerg>

Just from my newbie (and still leveling/boosting) perspective... (although it might not fit with your plan)

I'd like to see leveling builds as in how to use talent points throughout the leveling process, ie:

Leveling mage:
    Lvl 10-14 : Improve Fireball 5/5
    Lvl 15-16 : Flame Throwing 2/2
    Lvl 17-19 : Ignite 3/5
    Lvl 20 : Pyroblast 1/1
    etc...

When to respec (ie warlock at 50 for felguard, etc.)

[quote='phetish',index.php?page=Thread&postID=96555 #post96555]Just from my newbie (and still leveling/boosting) perspective... (although it might not fit with your plan)

I'd like to see leveling builds as in how to use talent points throughout the leveling process, ie:

Leveling mage:
    Lvl 10-14 : Improve Fireball 5/5
    Lvl 15-16 : Flame Throwing 2/2
    Lvl 17-19 : Ignite 3/5
    Lvl 20 : Pyroblast 1/1
    etc...

When to respec (ie warlock at 50 for felguard, etc.)[/quote]

I hear ya loud and clear, I made a seperate post about that exactly...
    [url='http://www.dual-boxing.com/forums/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=10571']Help with 5 Box PVE Talent Builds[/url]
    Magtheridon (US PVP)
    <The Zerg>