Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default Transferring characters from main account. Is the effort worth the money?

So.. I'm in the lucky situation that I've already got 5 level 70 characters in decent gear, but 4 of them are on my main account.
    Would it be worth it to spread them out over my 5 accounts, or would the macroing and setting up, plus the playing of them, make this whole thing become a pain?

I have a Holy Priest, Frost Mage, Prot Warrior, Combat Rogue and BM hunter that are all lvl 70.

I'm guessing that this mixture of classes would make this group a pain to macro up, and maybe not good for a first time 5 boxer like me.

would it be worth considering spending money on transfers?

-Gizmo-
    Failing is the only way of starting over with improved knowledge. (Henry Ford)

Team Infinite Reality - 5x Warlocks - Level 80
    Team Doomkin - 5x Druids - Level 80
    Team Thunder - 5x Squid Shammy - Level 75
    (The squids used to be cows, but I went ally in the end)

Is the effort worth the money?
    This is SO cliché, but... "only you can answer that"

Given the class combination you have, and assuming you haven't multiboxed in WoW before, I would have a go at boxing from level 1 up, and leave your existing characters where they are for now.

The mage will be great for boosting parts of your team through instances when you want to do that, and you can bring other characters into the team on an as-needed basis as you get towards level 70.

You'll find people who will disagree with my next statement, and it's been the subject of hot debate in the past, but for my money you'll want a pally tank apart from anything else, just for the one-button multi-mob threat generator that is "consecration".

Most importantly, though, you'll *learn* an awful lot about the mechanics of boxing as part of the leveling process.

So, that's my advice: leave everything as-is, create a whole new team from the ground-up and use the assets you already have to support their leveling, rather than trying to throw them all together at level 70 and perhaps finding it more pain than pleasure.

First, would this assembly of classes suit your needs if you did transfer?
    If so, then a better question, that only you can answer.. is $100 worth 150+ hours of your time?
    Ex-WoW 5-boxer.
    Currently playing:
    Akama [Empire of Orlando]
    Zandantilus - 85 Shaman, Teebow - 85 Paladin, Kodex - 85 Rogue.

Definitely going to 4-box Diablo 3 after testing the beta for how well this would work.

I wouldn't. I would make 4 new toons and power lvl them with your mage. You will be able to lvl them real quick with the mage. It took me 1 month to get 2 teams to lvl 45. That is using a pvp spec/build rogue. So you can probably get them to 45 in about a week or 2. Oh i was only doing like 4 hours a day probably and 2 on weekends.
    Aion:
    Azphel
    Dual Sorcerer (Medeia, Meddeia)
    1--------10---------20-x-------30---------40---------50

Wow Horde retired
    Team 1: 1 pally and 4 shamTeam lvl 70
    Team 2: 1 DK and 1 Priest lvl 80

Quote Originally Posted by 'Otlecs',index.php?page=Thread&postID=81132#post81 132
    Is the effort worth the money?
    This is SO cliché, but... "only you can answer that"

Given the class combination you have, and assuming you haven't multiboxed in WoW before, I would have a go at boxing from level 1 up, and leave your existing characters where they are for now.

The mage will be great for boosting parts of your team through instances when you want to do that, and you can bring other characters into the team on an as-needed basis as you get towards level 70.

You'll find people who will disagree with my next statement, and it's been the subject of hot debate in the past, but for my money you'll want a pally tank apart from anything else, just for the one-button multi-mob threat generator that is "consecration".

Most importantly, though, you'll *learn* an awful lot about the mechanics of boxing as part of the leveling process.

So, that's my advice: leave everything as-is, create a whole new team from the ground-up and use the assets you already have to support their leveling, rather than trying to throw them all together at level 70 and perhaps finding it more pain than pleasure.
    This is exactly my thought as well, but I figured I'd ask before I made that move..

I got my suspicions confirmed, and my 70's stay where they are. :P

Quote Originally Posted by '-silencer-',index.php?page=Thread&postID=81134#post81134
    First, would this assembly of classes suit your needs if you did transfer?
    If so, then a better question, that only you can answer.. is $100 worth 150+ hours of your time?
    Well.. I was more asking on a basis of "How easy would a team like this be playable in the eyes of experienced multiboxers" , because this team would of course be the "ultimate" 5 man instance team..

But as I answered the guy before you.. They are staying where they are for now..

I transfered my enchanter warlock from my 2nd account to a 3rd so I could make a mixed group. I loved it, now everyone can get enchants.

I transfered my warrior from my main account to a 5th. It is too much fun to have a tank every second of the day for my mixed groups. For control-wise, it would have been nice to control the warrior directly, but I can use macros enough to get him to do what I want.

I transfered a char with 100g (I think limit for lvl 10---also limit on first level to transfer), so I could start my horde chars (had alliance up to 40-50 at the time). It was WAYYYY worth it. Loaded up bags, ore (to level up mining and blacksmithing), cloth for tailoring and such. It got everyone started so easily.

$25 is a lot, but if you are careful and only do it when it really helps, then I would do it.

I did this for 2 of my 70's on my first (original) account to my second and third account, and I found it worth it for me to do it for the following reason:

- Very limited time online usually 3 evenings a week, often raiding 1 or 2 of those days.

- Able to relatively quickly do dailies and unfinished zones on multiple characters simultaneously.

- Free up character slots on my main account, for more multiboxing teams, and ensure I've got 1 available slot for Death Knight when WoTLK is released.

- Possibility of relatively quickly have Death Knights on my each of my accounts, as I do not expect to have any additional teams levelled to 70 by the time of WoTLK release.

I'd be tempted to leave them all on the main account based on the fact that you'll always have to have multiple accounts if you want to play them. So if multi-boxing comes and goes, you only have to pay for one account to play all your current 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Fursphere',index.php?page=Thread&postID=81199#pos t81199
    couldn't go back to "solo" play. Multiboxing or bust.
    wow has solo play ?(
    Aion:
    Azphel
    Dual Sorcerer (Medeia, Meddeia)
    1--------10---------20-x-------30---------40---------50

Wow Horde retired
    Team 1: 1 pally and 4 shamTeam lvl 70
    Team 2: 1 DK and 1 Priest lvl 80